Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

It's a fun game actually though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'm the EYE DIVINE CYBERMANCY fans attacking a game for having silly bad animations

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I mean if I wanted a janky game set in space i'd just play X3, which is also like only ten dollars.

X3 is not a fun game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm pretty sure they're attacking andromeda because it's the 4th game in a series by a AAA developer with titles that were nowhere near as bad animation-wise up until that point

They're way funnier now and it's great

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I thought the point of videogames was to have fun but the internet showed me it was to get really mad and send people death threats

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Even after watching that Giant Bomb clip of like 40 janky animations in the same quest, I think I could live with that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYgUhXDDio

But not all the transition and loading screens they force you to sit through for every single step you take. That really looked like a dealbreaker to me

When you're actually doing a mission there's little to no loading.sadly traveling is not... so good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

gimme names if you wanna die in fantasy xcom

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Friendly Joe and Ambiguous Strix square off against some stalwart humans

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is it a PvP-only game or what

the campaign is skirmishes interspersed with actual designed campaign missions

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

its a warhammer game so they decided to go with warhammer battles, i guess. its just one weird decision among many but whatever my rats are gonna make it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVz82s3TIfA

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

So the single-player campaign forces you to play multiplayer? That's...lame.

AI skirmishes. they're hard so thats ok?

but there's also only 8 actual designed missions for each side apparently? that's dumb as hell, gently caress you game developers

ive become annoyed and am gonna go 2 bed

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i read there's 8 story missions for each side which is kind of a disappointing number but whatever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

even better if that means it's short

i think you can keep still doing the randomized combat missions forever if you want, though, like if you are an insane person or whatever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

They have steampunk blimp dwarves now too

thats so loving awful

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KmxWkMs3g

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Run it at 320x240

ps4 doesnt have those options and it makes me sad

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIqswM_hL0U

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i have been playing that game again, its pretty good and is funnier then it has any right to be.

as a millenial, i find it VERY OFFENSIVE

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

What games do the "your actions determine the outcome" thing well?

Until Dawn

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

Might as well add Mass Effect

Blue Green Red

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

a kid at the school i work for keeps carving DEDSEC into things

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KmxWkMs3g

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIB85xpVZVM

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

RickDaedalus posted:

First time I've seen a game dubbed in Spanish. The dub replaces a few words so it isn't 100% accurate, if anyone is curious.

ubisoft is always really good about offering full EFIGS dubs for their games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ninja Gaiden Black is better than any Platinum game ever made

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

haveblue posted:

Only because at the time they were Clover and had not yet achieved their final form.

NGB was absolutely the best brawler of that generation but none of the 360-era NG games lived up to it.

Ngb is the best brawler of any generation

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Tons of hardcore shmup fans like Ikaruga, it's a very solidly put together shmup as long as you like that style of 100% memorizer.

Radiant Silvergun is a different story because the scoring in that game is completely FUBAR and also the game is really long and slow. And Gradius 5 is just pretty mediocre for a Gradius game. Unskippable cutscenes :downs:

Also parry in Revengeance is on forward+X because that makes it an offensive option select. It would be strictly inferior if it were on a separate button and/or had a wiff animation. That's to go in-line with the whole game's design about being non-stop aggression, like why the dodge is also an attack.

How does having to buy the dodge fit into the games design philosophy

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

no, you're supposed to react with anger that anyone could criticize the magic darling series that is dark souls

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is surprisingly not bad. The campaign is straightforward but punchy and it is basically the Battlestar Galactica/Expanse game I didn't know I wanted. But I think I am swayed by my love of military chatter, and naval chatter is the best kind, which is also why I loved Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak.

you should play titanfall 2

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Prey, Injustice 2... uh... Rime looks like it might be good? The Surge, maybe

Yay Prey

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

They should just give up on jrpg garbage and only publish western games. I mean what was the last jrpg that anybody actually liked?

Ff15 is fun

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

True, such masculine games as Project Spark and completely non-anime games like Recore and Scalebound will surely save us all.

Well, not Scalebound

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Klaus Kinski posted:

pretty much the only thing saving me from this is installing the launcher that is not steam.

I will no doubt enjoy lovely cheesy space opera.

if you like bad space operas you'll love me:a but they seem to have promised a bunch of stuff in patches so really you can wait either way

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol this is some garbage

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

even if you just want to stream P5 for funsies and not to be Professional Making Money Person, there are all these stupid rules that have no legal basis

quote:

This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

The forum that makes fun of other gaming websites for not knowing what free speech and censorship are now thinks that a publisher issuing a statement saying that they will issue takedown notices on videos that spoil the story of a story-driven game is literally threatening to take people to court for recording videos of their game.

hey kiddy i know your exicted about your new game but also ur baned from utube

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKPWHU4BpRE

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbEFbGGubKE lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

LawfulWaffle posted:

Is the Pokeworld exclusively vegetarian? Even down to the Pokemon themselves? There are some mon like Golbat and Weepingbell (Gen 1 4 lyfe) that seem designed to eat prey (not to mention the larger Pokemon that would presumably have a much larger caloric requirement) but I can't recall any instance of a Pokemon researcher feeding Ratatas or Caterpees to larger captive mons, or other more benign references to meat in the Pokeworld. Is it salads all the way down? Inquiring minds want to know.

People sure as poo poo eat farfetchd

• Locked thread