Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I said come in! posted:

What happened with Ghost Recon Wild Lands? That seemed to have released to absolutely zero fanfare and no one bought it?

The core stealth/shooting gameplay is fun but the world is needlessly huge and navigating it is a chore that takes too long even with fast travel. There's no option to restart missions either, so if you fail a side mission you have to drive all the way back to the starting point. For every good thing the game does there's five lovely ones that pop up every 10 minutes and make it hard to enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

If Nier Automata is anything like the first then it has a lot in common with Doom story-wise so maybe you should play it...............

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Everyone with their Personas and animes and I'm just here waiting for the PaRappa the Rapper and Bulletstorm remasters. :c00lbert:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I don't 100% remember how I found about SA and its forums but it was sometime in 2003, the first time I heard about this site was either because of that infamous thread about some guy who liked to sniff his sister's panties, or the P-P-P-Powerbook saga. The latter which had its own article in some website called Zug or something - I only remember its tagline possibly being "The world's only comedy website" and the admin having made a song against the RIAA.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Max Payne 3 is one of those games I'd be interested in reading about its development. Supposedly the game started development at Rockstar Vienna and was going to be set in Russia, but other than this guy's blog I never found the source of that. There was going to be a gameplay feature where you could use enemies as body shields as well which isn't in the final game. It was also in development for like 4 years which is absurdly long for a last gen linear shooter. Considering all the questionable development decisions I doubt its development was smooth even by video game industry standards.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Shadow Warrior 2013 and Hard Reset are games whose flaws were much easier to forgive in a pre-Wolfenstein/Doom reboots era.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Instead of adding Duke Nukem the Bulletstorm remaster could've added separate settings for horizontal/vertical aiming sensitivity and a way to turn off acceleration. The latter is on by default and for the former one of them is higher than the other so aiming is awful.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I love fast paced shooters and last gen was hell for me. When I close my eyes I still remember all the cutscenes, forced slow walking sections, on-rails sections, turret sequences, 2 weapon limit, identical enemy types, constantly waiting for NPCs to open doors for me......... :smithicide:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I don't know if it counts as an easter egg but I like telling people to shoot the fishes in RE4 (before you get into the boat) for a cool item. :unsmigghh:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I think dogs should vote

Every animal except humans should be allowed to vote imo.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Motto posted:

Duke costs extra

e: does the base game have any actual improvements besides higher res on console

The lighting has been improved, there's a NG+ mode, some new maps for that score attack mode, and that pointless Duke DLC. That's about it.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Kins posted:

Bulletstorm was done by the fractured, broken remains of People Can Fly after a lot of the talented people left to form other studios like Flying Wild Hog and The Astronauts. The credits aren't on Mobygames yet so I don't know how deep Gearbox's tentacles delved.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

*completely dead inside voice* hydrobot, taking it to the next level. that was sick! you think you can go for a few more rounds?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWa5xytFqqU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Kinda disappointed it's not Advance Warfare 2. I wanted to fight MechaSpacey.

Maybe this one will have you fighting Hitler in a QTE on top of a nuclear missile heading to the US????

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

precision posted:

I knew a kid who beat Ultima 5 at the age of 11 with no help. I wish I could remember his name because he probably went on to either become a PC billionaire or OD'd on heroin.

Mitch. Mitch... something.

https://www.facebook.com/EditBunker/videos/1217686541600011/

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Play Bayonetta. RotTR is a dull walking simulator with automated platforming and dull combat.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I had a catte who'd go crazy when it heard the Max Payne 3 menu theme and would start meowing at me and licking my arm. I probably have a video saved somewhere.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Snak posted:

Wait, so is the new game Prey connected to the old game Prey? Cause I assumed it was, but it's just called Prey? and it's not Prey 2?

It shares the name and the basic concept (person fighting aliens in space station) but that's about it. The Prey 2 with the bounty hunter concept and open world was scrapped due to rumoured Bethesda/Zenimax fuckery where they tried and failed to do a hostile takeover of the studio developing it.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Dishonored 2 kicked you right into the gameplay and people complained so

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Should I go get some mcdonald's or make something in the kitchen.

Make something in the kitchen. Go outside and try to eat the nearest car wheel if you want the McDonald's experience.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

How is the Prey demo? I heard the music cues can be loud and the input delay is wonky but that it's better in the full release.

The only feedback I've read is a NeoGAF thread of endless hyperbole and people who loving suck at shooting things so I'd like a non-moronic take

Man, don't tell me it has the same issue as the console versions of Dishonored 2 which have some atrocious aiming/look delay they never patched.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I thought you were talking about the original Nier at first and was going to get internet-mad that someone didn't like Laura Bailey's classic Weiss, You Dumbass!!!!

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The only Sniper Ghost Warrior I've played is the recent third one and the main missions and Far Cry-style outposts where they let you do whatever you want are pretty fun. The open world is meh though, the player movement is too slow for it and it's pretty rare to find cars even if it's ~~realistic.~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

holy poo poo. thats depressing. also remeber when polygon actually did good interesting articles, those were the days. :( but on singularty. it was an interesting idea but i can totaly believe what the dude said, it felt almost half finished and a mish mash of ideas that were rushed in to fit a bullshit crunch.

Singularity went through a Bioshock Infinite-esque development hell where plenty of the developmental changes are available online for everyone to see. Less than a year before the game's release there were previews with entire areas, weapons, characters, third person cutscenes and a voiced main character which never made it into the finished game.

• Locked thread