Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subpar Superhero
Nov 27, 2013

the hunger games
rectify is a better show and has better cinematography

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toadvine posted:

that poo poo was hackneyed as gently caress despite having never been done on the show previously. I can think of plenty of instances in shows where the camera pans or zooms out to reveal a crucial aspect that alters the significance of the scene immediately prior but literally hiding that aspect behind a column was trash directing

Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so to be funny i am going to pretend that This is Us is better than Breaking Bad, its going to be really cheeky

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Justified is a bad show that lots of people think is good (they are wrong)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Blue Train posted:

Justified is a bad show that lots of people think is good (they are wrong)
I only watched the first episode but was thinking of watching more. The deadwood guy seems like kind of an ornery idiot with a good heart, just like in deadwood, but I love walton goggins and was hoping he was enough to carry it. What's your complaint?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Deadwood was good in spite of being a western which is something that iustified isn't good enough to do. I don't like the main character but walter goggins is good in it so if you're mainly watching for him you may like it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

30 rock, review, broad city, peep show, the day today, brass eye, veep, the thick of it, dark place, all have real people

also parks and rec and the office are fine (well the first couple seasons of the office)

history's greatest crime is darkplace only having six episodes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

animated comedies have about the same batting ratio as live action comedies, i mean for every bob's burgers and clone high you get an allen gregory or bordertown

clone high ending on a cliffhanger with no second season is nearly as bad a crime.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
It's mostly a good show because opening shots are done pretty artistically.

It's kind of like one of those indie games where everyone puts in their all to make it awesome and it's awesome but it's still only $20.

And the actors are mostly comedic actors and they use their comedic skill but the show guarantees life first and comedy second.

It's like...the Louis C.K. of drama.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
well i kinda find louis ck bland so yes

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I saw the pilot for Shameless and it's what I imagine rich people who have never seen a poor person think poor people are like

Favorite part was a piece of printer paper with "food stamps accepted!" conspicuously placed in front of a convenience store register in center frame

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The first couple of seasons of shameless were p funny but it stopped being good, those we accept ebt/food stamps signs are def a thing. That being said it's way over the top

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
u guys catch the seinfeld chronicles?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Baking Bread is an anagram of Breaking Bad and everyone likes fresh bread except gluten free weirdos who aren't even people

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bright lights big city is a good book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

canyoneer posted:

Baking Bread is an anagram of Breaking Bad and everyone likes fresh bread except gluten free weirdos who aren't even people

Arab bed king is an anagram of Breaking Bad and that's why your mom watches it

• Locked thread