Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
I'm getting into the fifth season and am finding the show unwatchable. At first, I liked seeing how Walt and Jesse solved the increasingly crazy problems they encountered, but at this points it's just Old Man Abuses His Wife: The Show and it's just cringy to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ill never understand the appeal of that show either op

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like to ogle Jesse's crack head gf from season 2

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Everyone loves it but I couldn't even get through the first season even though I tried real hard like 3 times

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
becaise it's good op

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"b-b-b-b-but walter white is being mean to his wife"

ya he's the villian now u neanderthal

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lol you spent 50 hours of your life watching something you classify as "unwatchable" lmao

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Better Call Saul is a good spinoff, maybe they should do another one with Walt's wife, whatever her name was.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

the cinematography direction and editing are some of the best in TV ever, maybe the best

like you could cut out the characters and plot and the shots would still be amazing

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I can't imagine not watching the later seasons as a big ol binge. That way it's a big beautiful maelstrom of everything collapsing - but I dunno about a slow week by week montage of Walt being an rear end in a top hat over several years(?)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's good op you are wrong

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Android Blues posted:

the cinematography direction and editing are some of the best in TV ever, maybe the best

like you could cut out the characters and plot and the shots would still be amazing

lol

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
source your quotes please

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I watched some of the first season, idk

Maybe I'll catch up after it ends

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

People love to see Bryan Cranston in his Whites of Tight.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

because it wears the trappings of art and ambiguity and good cinematography etc while also getting to be a badass superpower self-insert fantasy for disaffected white male nerds who loving Love Science

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

Chwoka posted:

because it wears the trappings of art and ambiguity and good cinematography etc while also getting to be a badass superpower self-insert fantasy for disaffected white male nerds who loving Love Science

it's good though

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's probably the best acted, shot, and written TV show about a self-absorbed family man's descent into madness in our planet's history. That's like asking "Why did people like The Wire?" and the answer is "It's drat loving good", just like Breaking Bad.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nigga crab pollock posted:

source your quotes please

for real

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Or maybe a spinoff with his son, a comedy where he tries to live a normal college life but all his teachers and classmates are afraid of him because he's the son of a druglord. He tries to maintain a healthy balance of dismissing those fears to his friends while somewhat taking advantage of the persona to pass his classes. "In Like Flynn"

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

It's probably the best acted, shot, and written TV show about a self-absorbed family man's descent into madness in our planet's history.

this after review with forest macneil just wrapped up? for shame

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

true detective season 1 is the best tv has ever been. ill also accept arguments for deadwood

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

It's probably the best acted, shot, and written TV show about a self-absorbed family man's descent into madness in our planet's history. That's like asking "Why did people like The Wire?" and the answer is "It's drat loving good", just like Breaking Bad.
i watched the first 4 minutes of the wire and i just couldnt get into it

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
It has some degree of character development, which is incredibly rare for a tv series,or movies. Despite some series running for literally years, you will see absolutely none of it.

There is a lot of good shows, I think, but it is usually because the story itself is neat, or the set pieces and other visuals are. Breaking Bad does that stuff OK, but isn't special imo, but what is pretty special is that the characters do evolve. For people who like character-driven story-telling, it is just a really rare treat to get to see a hint of that on tv and not have to read big dusty tomes written by Russian noblemen in order to get a story that focuses on character-development rather than being strictly plot-driven, or worse; focusing on world-building.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
You can't even smoke meth and watch it!

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
Keep cringing because of a television show, op

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Walt's wife was the worst. She deserved it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
someone insisted i watch the sopranos and it was like they completely ran out of ideas by the first half of the show. second half was the cousin oliver mobster and i think we got a full second where you could totally see meadows boobs through her shirt
pretty mediocre show if you dont cut it off at one of the earlier seasons

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

true detective season 1 is the best tv has ever been.

I agree. Like there's a lot of great tv shows but td is like a movie, there's nothing wasted or filler and it all just comes together perfectly

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Krycek posted:

Walt's wife was the worst. She deserved it.

I think the whole point was everyone was an unbelievably horrible monster except for Jessie.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
walts wife had some kind of manly jawline. ted mcginley could have played that part

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I got to episode 3 and Brad hadn't even shown up yet, wtf

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
remember that episode where walt supercharged his binford leaf blower

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Remember the episode where walts wife wanted him to get a prostate exam, and he joins a pool club, pretending he's going to the prostate exam, but then his wife finds out and he gets in bii-i-ig trouble, and at the end he has to admit he didn't go to the exam, and lying is bad?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Remember the no ma'am meetings? The show seems so dated despite not being that old

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
how about that episode where walts dad came back after having abandoning him all those years and theyre all set to take a trip together and then he walks out on him again at the end. that was heartbreaking. i knew cranston was gonna be big when i saw that

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 1, 2017

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
It's a decently written show with even better cinematography about an anti-villain who becomes a regular villain. Plus Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are both great actors.

I think the whole point was everyone was an unbelievably horrible monster except for Jessie.

Skyler didn't do anything wrong she just wanted a stable providing home for her family

jfc, goons!

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 1, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
They should do one with Skyler and her dumb Sister and every episode just kill them in more and more gruesome ways. Call it gently caress Your Dumb Harpy Bitch Wife the TV show or something.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
OP are you one of those guys who logs 2000 hours on a game on steam and then posts an angry negative review making GBS threads on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Walt should have killed Jesse. In the first episode.

• Locked thread