Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I vote go right

EDIT:

I didn't want to let a perfectly good thread go to waste, so if you're just joining the thread now, the OP is actually on the second page, here.

Sally fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Uh oh, I'm beginning to think I took a wrong turn. I hope I can find my way back...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dr Pepper posted:

Try going left this time.

ok

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Tried going left, I just wound up in a thread where nine-gear crow wasn't updating pop2008.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Endorph posted:

go to the last page

what, like the page before crow's OP? that takes me here:

Sorry if I'm bad at directions. I feel like I've gotten pretty lost. I just want my vote to be heard! :kiddo:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CommissarMega posted:

TRAINS ALWAYS MORE TRAINS

I'm not sure what this means, but I'll check that great goon war thread and see if they have any.

Sally fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 1, 2017

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ultrafilter posted:

Sell out at a price you'll be ashamed of tomorrow.

I've already been a Let's Play mod :yum:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The posters in the goon war thread don't seem to notice I'm there. I'm open to the suggestions of jumping or grandma?, but not sure how to interpret them within the confines of this, the "," let's play thread.

Also, mods plz probate crow.

Also also, I feel bad for what happened to mega64. I cant help but feel partially responsible.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Don't play crow's game! He is an LP badguy! I have faith in this thread though. Vote not farts. A vote for not farts is a vote against crow (and thus a vote for me). I see a couple of you have already voted for farts. I think you'll change your mind when you hear my plea.

I offer up to the subforum my very posting time. A precious commodity to be sure. I am toxxing myself for a month probation.

:toxx: 1 month probation if more people vote for farts. :toxx:

If farts wins, well, then crow wins and I eat the toxx. If not farts wins, then I will do a new LP. Not just any LP, of course, but a Dash Rendar LP. He's pretty much the greatest fictional character ever written, so I dont see how I can lose.

Remember, vote farts to spite me. Vote not farts for Dash Rendar.

The farts already have a lead, Let's Play Subforum, so if you do nothing I'm doomed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

This game just got too scary. I say we all go home and forget about it.

You opened this Pandora's Box. This is what you get. THIS IS WHAT YOU GET.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

dancingbears posted:

If it's not a fart, would I be voting Bart?

Only if it's a small one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it;s almost midnight. git yer votes in before then if you want yer voice to be heard!

remember, hold in those farts if you want more Dash Rendar! (what the gently caress has brought me to this moment where i'd be typing a sentence like that?!)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Siegkrow posted:

What the gently caress did I stumble into

the second coming of Dash Rendar.

all right, everyone, you asked for it. i have it uploading. Dash is coming back!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
alright, this seems like a perfectly good thread, so i think i'll just start it up in here. we can make this work.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dash Rendar is a pretty cool dude. Of all fictional characters in Star Wars, he's probably the greatest. If you've ever played Shadows of the Empire, this would be abundantly clear. (If you haven't played Shadows of the Empire, then drat, you better get yourself a copy off of GoG or Steam and get started! (play with a gamepad--it's a shoddy port of an N64 game and wasn't optimized for keyboard and mouse)).

Regardless, Shadows of the Empire is not the focus of this thread. No, see, Dash Rendar's legend continued on after he faked his death. In fact, he got up to quite a bunch of stuff during his life time outside of the Shadows timeline. It is thus that I am proud to present to you Dash Rendar's lesser known escapades!

Sally fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 24, 2022

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Also, we're gonna need a new title for this thread. If anyone has a good idea, please let me know...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
<---- CLICK THIS!! :siren::siren:
^^^^^^^^^
:siren: CLICK HERE!! :siren:

After Return of the Jedi, Dash Rendar took some odd jobs doing, uh... some things, I guess? At least he's keeping busy, I guess. This piece is for Jedi Knight, if you wanted to play it yourself (don't).

The description I read off at the beginning of the video came from the download description on JKHub:

Some high quality modding in those screen shots!

Y-yeah!

We're on... uh. One of Saturn's moons? Huh.

Well, I wonder what the internet at large thought about this mod?

Sweet! Sounds like the voice acting will be top notch! It's too bad about Dash's model, though.

Ah, drat, spoiler alert! I guess now you know that there's only 2 parts to this LP. Short but sweet, though. If Zorg likes it, it must be quality!

Hot drat! Very exciting! Only the best for the man, the myth, Dash Rendar!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Augus posted:

i
as in, "i really want to gently caress dash rendar"

go on...

FeyerbrandX posted:

_

(underscore, not dash) alternatively |

haha, that's good. looks like that's not how it's going to be, though.

praise be to Dash Rendar for using his guiding hand to bestow upon us a new thread title!

Sally fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 3, 2017

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Well thank you for watching this the first update of the thread, everyone! Don't forget to bookmark and vote for the thread!

If we can get the thread rating to a 2, I will tell crow to update WKC:O!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
oh my god, i just noticed this:

Jobbo, stop posting on your parachute account!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Look, thread, i'm sorry, but I have some bad news: I don't have part 2 of Dash Rendar: Revengeance. It's coming, unfortunately, that time is not now.

Instead, I have for you:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:siren::siren::siren:Don't FORGET to click the IMAGE FOR A VIDEO LINK:siren::siren::siren:

YeeeeeaH! You ever wonder what happened to Dash Rendar after Shadows of the Empire? After Revengeance? After that one comic book where he teamed up with the sexy space-leopard murdering robot assassin and went on to produce more sexy robot people, as well as robot clones of Dash's long deceased older brother?

Don't answer that! It's a rhetorical question. The answer, quite simply, is of loving course you have!!

I mean, what are we, barbarians? The legacy of Dash Rendar is almost as important a Dash Rendar himself. Who knows what exactly happened after that whole weird making robot replicas of his dead brother thing, but somewhere along the line it's clear that Dash could no longer continue his space-faring ways. Nope, he eventually met Mrs. Rendar, settled down on Dash Ranch, and raised a could of Dash Kids.

Or at least one.

This next tale tells of Dash's son, Phoenum Rendar. (Don't ask. Not only is it loving star wars, it's also the Half-Life mod community).

If you want to check out "Half-starwars" for yourself, you're welcome to do so here. Reminder: don't actually do this. Your time is worth more.

Anyways, it's part of this Star Wars testmod thing that has a couple of rough looking mods in it--

I couldn't be bothered to look at the other ones.

This is the text that I read off in the video, though, for those of you who wish to keep current on the Shadows of the Empire extended universe:

But let's check out some of the comments left, shall we?

Hmm... having played this mod, I feel like these two are being a little too generous, even if one of them did give it a "5".

Yeah, those scores in the middle seem more realistic. That 10 down there, though, phew. Must've been playing a different mod.

Anyways, until next time, thread, may Dash walk with you!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'll watch anything Dash Rendar is in! (I wish more LPers catered to my very specific needs).

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Do not fall for this man's lies! He is a traitor and a heretic!

can confirm, crow is both of these things

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yer daily dose of dash rendar: http://screenrant.com/dash-rendar-star-wars-canon/

quote:

People either love Dash or they hate him.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

White Coke posted:

A season and a man?

oh, ha, it took me all day but i just got this, lol

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

crow's vice is animé airplanes. he suffers my passion for dash rendar, but at this point he's just indulging me while he dials the number of the local asylum.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

White Coke posted:

Very much so.

you fiend

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Teledahn posted:

You'd think Sally would be all over double-dash rendar.

i'm all about double-dash rendar:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
something's going on with the thread itself, everyone... something sinister...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
update is in progress. there have been delays that may or may not have something to do with the thread name change.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
You are Blind Sally. You cannot find the next update for the Dash Rendar thread. The people of Something Awful will be upset if you cannot deliver. You must update the thread!

There was an update. But where could it be? Perhaps you should stall for time.

What do you do? :ovr:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FPzero posted:

> Play with your spaceship toy.

You philistine! You charlatan! Y-you uncultured swine! This is no mere toy you speak of! This is a rare 1/1200 scale YT-2400 light Corellian freighter. A replica of the Outrider, no less! Held in this hand is a reminder of the great steed with which our beloved Dash Rendar cruises the stars with. This, fellow posters, is a piece of history. You can't even buy this! Long, long ago, in an auction house far away, this artifact blessed the stage. Though I was young, I recognized its value. I was able to convince my father to purchase this piece for a mere 1,000,000. I keep it beside me at all times. You never know when you'll need to bask in its greatness.

biosterous posted:

> DRAG IMG001 INTO POODOO

Consider it done!

But where's that update? :ovr:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Quinntan posted:

>take a long walk and consider all of the mistakes you have made in your life.

DontMockMySmock posted:

> Go outside and do something productive with your life

You say that as if it's the easiest thing in the galaxy. One does not just walk away from Dash Rendar.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

>Examine the monitor, it is clearly lacking cables.

Pfft, of course the monitor has cables. They are clearly being routed through the hole drilled into the desk. I mean, seriously, what kind of idiot doesn't have this set-up?

CJacobs posted:

> LOOK AT THE NOTEPAD, drat YOU.

Okay, okay! Easy, tiger:

Cathode Raymond posted:

If playing for time really is the only goal here then the next choice is simple

>defragment hard drive

Whoa! Whoa, now! That is NOT the case! I simply can't find the next update.

Now where did it get to? :ovr:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

>Cut the red wire

Gonna need to find something to cut it with, champ.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ugh. this could potentially set us back in finding the next update. is this what the thread wants?

Y/N :ovr:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Trump Card posted:

Wait... Those gloves...

>Look in mirror or mirror like surface

There are no mirrors in this room. You're going to have to be a little more thorough in your search for a reflective surface.

Quinntan posted:

>investigate why the icons on the screen stayed horizontal despite tipping the monitor while lifting it up

Huh? What are you talking about?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

>Inspect CD tower for suitable knife candidate

FPzero posted:

> Dump your CD tower and look for a game that has a name suitably sharp enough that it might be able to cut through the wire.

I'm not making a mess of my desk--but I'll look more closely at that CD tower, though--

It's just my video game collection. I've LPed a number of them. Please don't break them!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

>Grab Minesweeper

Its obviously a fake since that game isn't published on CD's! :eng101: :smuggo: :yeah:

SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW!

But anyways, sure, that's fine. I've grabbed Minesweeper.

How about that update? :ovr:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Bit late, but:

Shinjobi posted:

Dash Rendar: the John Cena of Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1dT2A3g6j8

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tyty posted:

>Scrawl "tell tyty to update his thread too" on the pad in blood because you don't have a pen

I don't want crow to be lonely on there :(

Yeah, okay, why not?

I don't currently have any sharp objects, so I'll use CJacobs' TEETH idea and make a small incision in my arm.

Ohhhh-kay. Y-you know what? That, uh, probably wasn't a great idea. Feelin' pretty woozy right now...

Shinjobi posted:

>Back away from the desk about ten feet

>Take deep breath

>Full force tackle the entire setup, knock it into next week

>Stand up and rip your shirt in half, you macho stud

Yeah, gently caress it, this seems like a great idea!

*deep breath*

uh...

Goddamnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I thought about holding off for a week while I wait for my new monitor to arrive, but gently caress it, it still works. Thus, we can continue to look for the next update.

But hey, maybe, you know, actually try looking for the update this time? This LP is starting to cost me...

My notepad is stained with blood, my CD tower and most of my games are broken, and you guys have damaged both the wall and the computer monitor. Note: we are not any closer to finding the update!

Quinntan posted:

>use the shiny side of the minesweeper disc to look at your face.

Nice try! If you want to get a look at this mug, you're going to have to try a little harder to fool me.

Besides, the disk is now broken. Lemme pop open the Dash-ventory and show you:

Alright team, let's find that update!

Seriously. :ovr: