Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Calgary clinches a playoff spot, and their owner Ken King decides it's a good time to pull the classic "Build me a new arena or the team moves"

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4050989

Nenshi rules, Ken King drools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

LAS on the outside

quote:

Interesting how everyone else other than Leafs fans are making a big deal out of this. Considering the schedule it's very possible that they don't make it and that's absolutely fine. Season was a huge success already.

LAS on the inside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cPbzD7ZSw&t=106s

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The A is for rear end

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Season's over. Talk about the NHL's worst players in the Mike Milbury Golden Shoe thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816570

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Mike_V posted:

When is Benning going to be on the hot seat? Is it possible for him to gently caress up the draft so much that he needs to start updating his CV?

If Vancouver keeps 2nd overall and Benning drafts Rasmussen instead of Hischier, his job might finally be in peril.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

NHL N/V Loser City: No Really, the Bad Coach is Actually Good. Why are you Laughing at Me?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Trade Matthews for Kane and Taise

this but unironically

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

If Goldblum wants a winger, why didn't he draft Forsberg? :confused:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Lost in this is Bozon and Reway might have made the main roster before they got meningitis and heart failure, respectively.. :smith:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Come to Nashville, Jordan.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Golden Knight captain, Kris Russell

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Hahaha

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress the leafs

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I, too, know what it's like to support a team propped up by a single Herculean player.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Vote Frei for Steve Simmons Memorial Award for Word Vomit.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

We thought we were safe with the NMC. We were wrong. Also I'm really glad I kept in touch with all the HAS members who left on twitter/fb.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Bergevin wants to re-sign Brian Flynn too. :cripes:

This loving team.

Flynn is is a great 4th liner in that he doesn't stink overall.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

yellowcar posted:

They got enough of them already.

I can't hear you over the sound of Galchenyuk being traded for Mike Fisher,

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

It would be in Goldblum's wheelhouse to downgrade to Seabrook in order to replace Markov.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

These are the Habs I would protect

Plekanec, Patches, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Danault, Hudon, Radulov

Petry, Weber, Davidson or Beaulieu (Therrien hosed up Beaulieu pretty bad, I'm leaning toward Davidson)

Carey

The Montreal Canadiens front office will probably protect Shaw or Emelin instead.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

stab posted:

why would you protect a UFA

I skipped breakfast and only had enough brain power to parse that players who didn't meet the 40/70 games mark still had to be protected.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I updated the Mike Milbury Golden Shoe Awards with a new worst ref award after the Very Good Officiating in the playoffs.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816570#post473395982

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I call bullshit on this, but if it happens OH HELL FUCKIN YEAH

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/877592234186514433

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

It'll be a 1 for 1 with Green, Lovejoy, or Palmieri, and we' all have a laugh*

*except for me

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

:ughh: sign markov and a cheap FA. is that so hard?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

if it's galchenyuk for hamonic i am going to say something like "could be worse"

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

a false posted:

if the league is as down on galchenyuk as people have been making it seem, that seems like pretty good value for both teams.

true, and if the open forward spot leads to a hudon and/or scherbak call up it'll be a nice consolation.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

chayka....go full rear end in a top hat

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

go get that Vegas money A-Rad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

PK, you don't have to be nice to everyone, ya know?

• Locked thread