Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah caps win metro if they win today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, at least Jack Johnson Sportgame worked tonight:

https://twitter.com/1stOhioBattery/status/848690491529076736

greeaaassssssy :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

God good riddance to this trash season. Bury AMac and Manning and give a couple of the young D some starts in the last 3 meaningless games.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyers last 3 games are @NJ, who's been long since eliminated, vs. CBJ Saturday (who will likely be locked in their spot by then and resting guys) and vs. eliminated Carolina Sunday night. There is going to be some amazing dont-give-a-poo poo hockey played in those games.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So is Tony Stolarz playing well just small sample size or is he putting it together?

The organization has been pretty high on him. He's had a solid few years while the Phantoms have turned around and it sounds like they fully expect him to be up with the Flyers next year.

E: Hard to tell if he's the "next big thing" but I'll take bringing guys up from the minors 9 times out of 10 compared to the Holmgren model of just trying to reach out and grab someone in a trade or free agency.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Habibi posted:

For any non-Russian speakers, FYI, it might be worth your time to find someone who does understand it and have them do a running translation, because that poo poo was at least as entertaining as anything on the screen. My general view of American play-by-play - in any sport - is that I'd rather watch the game/match on mute, except then I wouldn't be able to hear the sound of play itself.

But I've seen games where I'd have preferred just listening to these guys relate it, instead.

If you have a sound bar or surround sound system, muting just the center channel should nix the announcer audio but leave the rest.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i am the bird posted:

Who will the US and Canada send then? NCAA and major junior players not under NHL contract?

iospace posted:

probably AHL players without an NHL contract.

Both of these, I'd imagine.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Habibi posted:

To clarify: the NHL will not accommodate the Olympics in their schedule, but individual players can still go if they choose and are able to work poo poo out with their club?

Seems that way. Players are basically employed by their team more than the NHL, so it's down to each GM.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

2 games for Dalton Prout's hit on Radko Gudas

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ron Hextall will GM team Canada at the 2017 IIHF world championships

prepare for one of their goalies to kill someone

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Flyers called up Sam Morin to make his NHL debut tonight. Vecchione might be playing tonight too

RIP Miles Wood's face

gently caress yeah :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tonight's Flyers/Devils game is going to be one of those amazing gong shows with both top lines resting and like 70 PIM isn't it

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah Morin is up and he's got like 120 PIM in 68 AHL games this year. Someone likely gonna die

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah I'm gonna need names to those numbers

Amac, Filppulla, Bellemare, Van De Velde, Colin McDonald

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sam Morin actually looked pretty solid for Philadelphia tonight and did a good job to get back and stop a Taylor Hall breakaway without taking a penalty. He's shockingly fast for as huge as he is.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Isn't full face protection, by rule, only for guys with an injury and they have to get rid of it when they are better

yeah you can't go full face unless you've got like a busted jaw or something

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

loving lol Chicago

There are AHL and ECHL teams that could smoke Colorado right now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HookShot posted:

NHL players will never accept full face cages because the styrofoam against your chin gives you wicked acne when it gets wet,

oh god i'd nearly forgotten about this. It suuuuuccccccks

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

The NHL will never move to that because it creates too much separation in the standing. Fans generally stop showing up when their team is out of the playoffs. Moving to a 3 point system would effectively eliminate a bunch of teams by mid-January and in a gate driven league like the NHL that's death.

Yeah this is the big problem. poo poo, the Flyers were sending out ticket deal emails immediately after they got officially eliminated.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"Journey" was an awesome little game

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ilkka Sinisalo has died, he was only 58.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duck Rodgers posted:

Jack Roslovic, first ever Columbus born player drafted into the NHL, will make his NHL debut with the Jets tonight in Columbus. Apparently his parents have season tickets right behind the visitors bench

I love little things like this :unsmith:

E: Ha!

Columbus Dispatch posted:

“We’ve got a real skilled, excellent, strong-skating center ice man who has made the adjustment from amateur to pro quite well,” Jets coach Paul Maurice said.

But with a glint in his eye, Maurice acknowledged that the timing of Roslovic’s recall was more than coincidental. Maurice and his family lived in central Ohio from 2011 to ’13 while he coached in Russia and waited for the next NHL opportunity.

That's awesome

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 6, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh son of a bitch that's adorable

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Going out of the country for honeymoon tomorrow so going to miss the first and most of the second round of the playoffs. Don't know why I didn't think of this when I booked the trip six months ago but oh well. See all of you in either the postseason or elimination thread.

You didn't think of it because you're a normal human being excited to get some time away with your new spouse. Go have fun and don't worry about hockey.

and congrats :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Katz what the gently caress :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

You're surprised a lovely rich guy did a lovely rich guy thing?

I say it more out of disgust than surprise, in my defense

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah gently caress Katz but that's harassment at most so far, maybe soliciting too

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Flyera don't lose last home game.

Woo :toot:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

grack posted:

So Ruff fired the Stars and not the other way around.

Can't really blame him, I have to say.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sprague is this you in the shirt c/d

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah knockoff don cherry owns too

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good riddance to this season

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

Jesus loving christ, oilers, what are you doing to Iiro Pakarinen

Where'd his smile go?
Where'd his hair go?
Where'd his color go?

He's only 25 years old :negative:

holy god that is... unfortunate :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/851254541441933312

:unsmith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So if I have this right, the flyers are assuredly offloading Schultz and MDZ, god willing they let VDV walk, Cousins may go, and it's all but guaranteed Mason is gone.

That should at least give plenty of room to re-sign The Ghost Bear, and I'm guessing they bump Stolarz up to backup Neuvy. What's the story on Lyubimov? Thought I heard he goes back to Russia if Philly doesn't re-sign him?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah that seems like a pretty standard response, really

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

wint is an amazing twitter follow

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ron Hextall was assistant GM previously in LA and he's done well as a full bore GM now so there's something to go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ron Hextall managed to convince the Bruins to give us a 3rd round pick for Zac Rinaldo. :colbert:

• Locked thread