Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Rip hawks

yeah, they are probably not going to win the president's trophy. rip indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Love the "gently caress the Hawks" posts, doesn't change the fact that they have more Cups the last couple of years than your team has. :smugdog:

Hawks are in rebuild mode and might need to re-structure their team more than usual (it's a given with the Panarin bonuses eating the cap next year again). I am not ready to write off the core just yet, but some probably need to get used to a diminished role or get busy off-season training. I blame Toews decline on being on that Joe Rogan shilled Onnit crap. Go back to whatever he was doing before that and it should be fine.

Whatever happens, I've seen my team win two more Cups than I had hoped they would win in my lifetime, s'all good.

I don't think having Teuvo would have made a difference. I am still on the fence if the kid will ever develop to his potential, there's been grumblings of him not being too keen on off-ice training and just relying on his talent.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Speaking of which...

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/861603827476312064

NBA owners gauging fan interest based on Reddit? :lol:

Imagine Jeremy Jacobs going to HFBoards after they traded Seguin away

Most of the dumb trade proposals on HFboards are probably from the GM's themselves.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

Verviticus posted:

ahhhhh. nooooo our slow old player we circumvented the cap with might not be able to play now that he's only being paid 1m a year. dang it. poo poo. oh well to the ltir he goes so we don't get hosed by recap

He scored 26 goals last year. Still a rock defensively and his backchecking put younger players to shame. Having him on LTIR would hurt the team more than if he could still be playing.

Emetic Hustler
May 5, 2009

It's great for the Hawks to be without their third or fourth best player who can chip in with twenty or so goals, who is also responsible defensively. Brilliant.

• Locked thread