Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They should be out taking pictures of Pouliot in various bits of Golden Knights gear just to show them how good her would look it it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kilza posted:

Honestly, the most beautiful thing about the Ducks losing (aside from the fact that gently caress THE DUCKS THEY ARE OUT gently caress YES) is that this was likely their best shot at the Cup. Like there's no way they would've beat Edmonton this year if it wasn't for the lovely reffing. Oilers are only going to get better, and there's no way they'll be able to get past the Oilers in the years to come, let alone other teams in the league.

The Anaheim Ducks are not winning the Stanley Cup. :getin:

They've actually got 1 more year with largely the same team, but at the end of next season they won't be able to afford to pay both their Vets and their rookies coming off ELCs

This season they've gotta resign Thompson, Eaves, Enroth, Bernier, Carrick, Kerdiles, and Korbinian. Who are all garbage except Eaves

Next year they've got Cogliano, Vermette, Boll, Ritchie(ELC), Kase(ELC), Shaw, Wagner, Fowler, Bieksa, Stoner, Montour(ELC), Theodore(ELC) and Manson. That's 2 $4m defensemen and 4 talented rookies.

Oilers could be in worse shape if McDavid and Draisatil want real money.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, that adjustment was from "slash their hands" to "crosscheck their heads"

gently caress Carlyle.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

whatis posted:

So outside of Minnesota and Anaheim, who else looks like they're probably going to get screwed by the expansion draft? The Islanders look like they're in pretty rough shape too I guess

The Islanders are in a perpetual state of rough shape.

Their arena sucks, they only have 3 players on their team with NMCs and have to resign 13 players next year.

They're going to be 30th next year giving away players for draft picks at the trade deadline.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Since the Canucks joined the NHL, The Canadiens have won 8 Stanley Cups and the Canucks have won *just checking the numbers* 0
Since the Oilers and Flames joined the NHL, The Canadiens have won 2 Stanley Cups, the Oilers have won 5, the Flames have won 1

Therefore, The Oilers are the best Canadian team, The Canadiens second, Flames third, and Sens/Canucks/Leafs/Jets can fight over the participant ribbon.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i am the bird posted:

I've been saying this for a couple years now. They need to cash in on the spectacle.

They could even risk doing it in a city with a football stadium and no professional hockey team like Green Bay, or Seattle, or Denver.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kilza posted:

Who cares about this year, the odds for next year's Stanley Cup winner are out. https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1310681

Oilers tied with the 2nd best odds at 10-1. Who cares about the team ahead of them or the teams tied with them, the Edmonton Oilers are going to win the Stanley Cup next season. :smug:

I love the teams tied with Colorado.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So I don't get how Vegas is supposed to be anything but a heap of poo poo next year. I don't know all the ins and outs of the expansion draft rules, but it seems like all they're going to get is a lovely 3rd/4th liners from every team, maybe a decent goalie, and maybe someone good from their high draft pick. Maybe an aging veteran that a team doesn't want to protect because of their cap hit or whatever.

Is there any other outcome for this team next year than being bottom of their division?

They have a cap floor, so they'll also get highly paid under performing first/second liners.

I'd be surprised if edmonton protects Eberle.

Captain Eberle, Fleury in goal, they're already better than Phoenix.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

hifi posted:

vegas is going to be the oilers 2 years ago with less #1 overall picks and arizona is going to feast on that

They should have the same number of #1 overall picks.

Oilers will only have Nuge and McDavid left if they keep Nuge. Vegas will have Yakupov and Fleury(probably)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kilza posted:

:raise:

This makes absolutely no sense. As it stands, the Oilers will go with a 7-3-1 and Eberle is easily one of the forwards they will protect, regardless of the fact the fans are trying to run him out of town. It makes no sense to give away an, at worst, 2nd line RW for absolutely nothing. Only way they wouldn't protect him was if they acquired another top 4 D and even then I'm pretty sure they'd have to trade Eberle to get said D.

I think they can do more with that $6m off the books than they're going to get as a trade.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He's the loving best.

I still use "why you heff to be mad" all the time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

lotta weird moralizing going on in this thread

I think you mean WE'RE CANADIANS WE WEAR SHIRTS AND TIES

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Nick Bonino's injury was more serious than we thought.

Yes that is him. It's hard to tell with how zoomed out it is and the lack of a hobo beard but I couldn't find a better picture of his peg leg setup.

Now all he needs is a pirates jersey and a shoulder parrot.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kilza posted:

The Oilers home jersey may have been leaked

Like one important detail that was brought up in the blog post is that the teaser showed the collar as blue, and this collar is white, so it may only be a prototype. Which I hope it is, because that jersey looks worse than what they were wearing before.

That is so loving terrible.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So Vegas is going to take all the good unprotected goalies and try to shop them to teams that need one and end up like Dallas with half of their cap going to backup goalies.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If the oilers jersey is that bad, the Avs one is going to be total trash.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Breaking- I just traded 2 salmon treats and a conditional amount of Bonito flakes to my cat for the wire bread bag tie he was attempting to eat.

Bad deal, you could have gotten a defenseman from Montreal for that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/876428107996999680

I would think they want the energetic rich ones.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What's the over under on the golden knights lasting five years before they get moved to canada

Phoenix still has a team even with nobody going to their games,

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Vegas is going to draft Doan to make him feel better about himself and also because they don't have any real players worth taking.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The new Canucks jersey leaked.

A little dark, but really suits the team.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

That's an interesting take on the old black jerseys. I like it.

Kinda strange, they'll also have special jerseys just for the playoffs.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dress for the job you want, i guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Those hats are so loving terrible.

Also, since when was Vegas in Germany?

e: ^arrrrrrrrgh :argh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/877349360748580866

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

What are those little circles in the lower right?

That's the pump to pump up the shoulder pads so you look scarier.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

The warning flags around the waste is cool and good.

The world could really use more warning flags around the waste.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Is Hosea in the bad recapture penalty years yet?

Yes. 4.275m a year until 2021. It's less than his cap hit if he plays, but still a lot of money for a retired player.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

hifi posted:

maybe he's got a nickel plated cup. i'm allergic to that poo poo too.

That would be fixed with a composite cup.

It could be a sensitivity to isocyanates which a lot of foams in the padding offgas. One bad exposure can sensitize you to the point where a couple ppm can cause rashes or asthma. From the description of the medication, it's could be a steroid of some sort to counteract the symptoms.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They'll probably change it a year after they win the cup to milk the fans a little harder.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somewhat related. The Ducks have traded Dan O'Halloran to the Sharks for Kelly Sutherland.

Ottawa will probably be offer sheeting Tim Peel.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Krime posted:

Why have the trades slowed down?

I think the NHL has a rule in contract negotiations that you have to drink every time someone says corsi and everybody's passed out by now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

He's gonna be 38 by the time that's off the books.

e: ^ lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I wonder if they'll resign him in 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe all these contracts are being signed by teams in anticipation of being bailed out by a lockout in 2019.

• Locked thread