Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/875367547016806400

I spot a change.

They changed the name font on the back of the jersey to the same font as in the stupid loving shoulder patch cannon logo they switched to two years ago. If they changed the number font as well, this is going to be garbage. :fuckoff: :ramsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

flakeloaf posted:

I know nothing about typefaces and even I think those serifs look like trash.

I remember when they changed from the original "CBJ" logo to the star and burgee as the primary I was worried they'd change the nameplate/number font to whatever they'd rolled out with the team's rebrand. They left it alone, fortunately, because it looked cool and good. Don't know why, I just liked the stylized look of the names and the tall, supposed-to-be-Civil-War-looking-I-guess numbers.

Doesn't appear the case here.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BRING FORTH THE TRADES I LONG FOR THE TRADES.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/876031216784474112

sounds like the blue jackets have agreed to a deal with vegas, their first rounder (#24) this year + a prospect and in exchange Vegas will draft one of Matt Calvert, Ryan Murray, or William Karlsson. David Clarkson might also go back the other way

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Aren't those three guys good too? Who were they worried about Vegas taking

Columbus is in a unique position in that most anybody they lose is decent-to-good in some role. Calvert and Karlsson are both 3rd/4th liners who make up the top PK unit; Calvert is good for 10+ goals a year usually despite where he plays and is probably the grittiest player on the team (if Hartnell goes away). Karlsson is defensively strong. The only reason I would want Murray kept is trade bait, because JMFJ-Savard was a solid pair last season.

If Vegas were to take Lukas Sedlak, they've dodged a massive bullet, but it doesn't look like he's part of the condition. No matter what happens, Clarkson's cap space being Vegas' problem allows Wennberg and Anderson to be re-signed.

Aye Doc posted:

William Karlsson, Joonas Korpisalo, or Josh Anderson

Word is it's Wennberg, not Karlsson, they're protecting, which is interesting because the two have been friends since Juniors and makes me wonder who their protected forwards are. My armchair list was Saad, Foligno, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Atkinson, Jenner, Wennberg.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CBJ pretty much went as I predicted a couple months ago:

Foligno, Saad, Dubinsky, Fartsmell, Wennberg, Jenner, Atkinson

Jones, Savard, Murray

Bob

Notables exposed: JMFJ, Korpisalo, Anderson, Calvert, Karlsson, Gagner, Sedlak, some of whom are covered by the rumored trade.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ryan Murray being protected makes me think they're gonna try and use him as a piece in a Big Fuckin' Trade for Duchene/Tavares/Eberle/Other Potential #1C.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Reminder of this week's schedule:

https://twitter.com/THWMark/status/877143660164517889

Benson Cunningham posted:

In case any of you non pens fans don't realize this, every person in Pittsburgh is looking at that extra cap space Fleury leaving would grant us and thinking about a dynasty.

Two straight Stanley Cups AND getting to shed an albatross contract (albeit one which contributed heavily to the second Cup win) is like a slam dunk followed by an and one.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hockles posted:

Gonna have to wait until they show the font. That was the only real change that may have been coming.

The "7" is different.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

That is a very minor league looking uniform

It's no worse than when the Dallas Stars went all green. That looked like something straight out of the OHL.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nick Foligno won the Messier and King Clancy trophies/awards.

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/877348193922502656

Ugh.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I wonder if Columbus' font isn't finalized yet. The slideshow below seems to have two different fonts- one with tall, thin letters and another which appears to be using the letter font on the shoulder patch logo.

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/fans/adidas-jersey-unveil?partnerId=cbj-int-com-press-jersey

The backs of the jerseys are also blank as presented.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Can't the Blackhawks just send him to their escrow team in Florida like they seem to do every now and then?

And go figure we get the least fun option for the Penguins and Fleury. Golden Knights and Golden Horseshoes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Where are the trades? And hey, who wants Ryan Murray? They protected him so let's flip him with some things for Eberle/Duchene/Tavares LET'S GO JARMO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OH38-vSBx4&t=25s

"Thank you!" :smug:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

a false posted:

you're not getting tavares. please stop thinking that you are getting tavares. that is a thing that an unintelligent person would think.

C'mon man, let me have my fantasy before all our souls are crushed when somebody like Chicago or Pittsburgh somehow gets Eberle, Duchene, AND Tavares.

e- God damnit I have to go take a phone call and then go to the bathroom before I actually get to make the post and my joke gets ruined. :fuckoff:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Jesus Christ chiarelli is a retard.

GM Of The Year Nominee Peter Chiarelli.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

There's a new cop on the forc--Twitter, he's on Twitter, actually:

https://twitter.com/SergeiBobrovsky/status/877886949435908098

I want him to go back and forth with Bryz.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

One of the amateur CBJ bloggers pointed out that there's a CBJ/Sabres game on a Wednesday night which starts at 8pm, implying it could be an NBCSN game.

Wednesday Night Riva:lol:ry.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

violent sex idiot posted:

airfare and a ticket probably cheaper than a home game

The only NHL city without nonstop service to Las Vegas is Ottawa. :eng101:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey guys, I'm just heating up some awesome tortilla soup from Max and Erma's in my office after getting things ready for the Dayton Air Show, what's---:allbuttons:

Hockles posted:

I knew it was going to Forsberg. CBJ was like 4 deep on decent goalie prospects.

And, frankly, I question if Forsberg is going to be an NHL goalie. Excellent in the AHL, though.

On the other hand, Merzlikins sounds really drat good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/mauripellervo/status/878289420725702656

Dang ol' Expansion. :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/878294351159246848
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/878294702058987522

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/878292221526716417

"Blackhawks will sell their chance to win or Blackhawks will sell, chance to win"?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I wonder if Jordan Schroeder is intended as a Wild Bill Karlsson replacement.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jarmo's good for one blockbuster a year, it seems (Gaborik, Hartnell, Saad, now Panarin).

Let's double down. :unsmigghh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Do they announce the trades from the day at the start of the draft? I can't remember and want to see Chicago's reaction to today's action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It is still not registering in my brain that Panarin is a Blue Jacket.

• Locked thread