Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Powershift posted:

So does it start out as "i'm an idiot, i should be a referee" or do they start out as regular functional individuals and just get broken down into scrap parts by their job?

If you ever want to have a deep and abiding hatred for humanity start officiating children's sports leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

T-Bone posted:

It's even funnier because this is the best group of young American talent on forward probably ever

They wouldn't have been chosen anyways. Gotta get that grit!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Brad "The Perfect Angel" Marchand has a hearing for his nutshot last night.

New theory: Unless Marchand cheapshots opposing players on a regular basis his nose will grow so large he'll be unable see directly in front of him.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

God Virtanen was such an awful loving pick.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

hifi posted:

2nd row coyotes seats are like $50 right now. $30 for upper deck first row

Yeah, but you have to watch the Coyotes

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Bo Horvat, please never fight again.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Lindy Ruff may not have been very good in Dallas but this is 100% Jim Nill firing the coach to save his own job. What the gently caress is any coach in the NHL supposed to do with that defense and goaltending?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

So Ruff fired the Stars and not the other way around.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Powershift posted:

That's what you get for ruining Iginla.

Iginla tied for the team lead in goal scoring in LA post trade deadline.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

santanotreal posted:

N: Chris Illitch announced his confidence in Ken Holland today. Hooray...

V: :tif:

A "vote of confidence" from ownership is generally a kiss of death, so have faith.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

DJExile posted:

So the Minnesota Timberwolves have a new logo

https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/851862845427986434

and while it looks like some SBNation team page logo, boy that also looks suuuuuuper fuckin' familiar...

Every team in the NHL should switch to some sort of Wolf Howling at the Moon logo.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Don't you have some sort of government agency in place to prevent such monopolistic practices? I assume they don't routinely put execs from BCE and Roger's on their board. That would be too crazy.

The Canadian government mandates that the major telecommunications companies maintain full wired service for TV, internet and phone anywhere in Canada, including the middle of bugfuck nowhere in the northern parts with very few people. This costs the telcos a ton of money and because of that the CRTC tends to be hands off regarding regulation unless it's absolutely egregious, and even then the response tends to be pretty uneven.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Krueger would still be better than the last two guys the Canucks had behind the bench.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

dont be mean to me posted:

But reverse-sweeps are fun!

In the modern era there have only been three reverse sweeps in NHL history.

Jeff Carter and Mike Richards were somehow involved in two of them.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Wippersnapper posted:

Good news CAS - Nikita Tryamkin is headed back to the KHL because it is impossible to have good things.

On the plus side I guess that means Gudbransson... has a place... :smith:

Goddamit

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Henderson had to retire because of that hit, so his claim for lost wages is pretty legit given how much officials make. Also, "getting decked by a player" is likely well beyond reasonable danger associated with his job.

Also gently caress the Flames and gently caress Wideman.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I almost hope that the Flames fight this tooth and nail so they can continue to be hosed by the officials for the next 10 years.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Aurora posted:

Maybe Henderson shouldn't have worn the zebra stripes

Wideman was clearly delusional and thought that he was a lion.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Mind Taker has recently suffered a severe concussion and is demonstrating the impairment of rational decision making that can occur.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Captain Internet posted:

The Penguins were not good in the defensive zone, they were bad and lucky and CBJ deserved better than they got.

Columbus had awful goaltending, awful coaching and they were incredibly undisciplined. They deserved exactly what they got.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Captain Internet posted:

All I'm saying is they probably should have been in more games than they were . This is probably a 6-7 game series with more 1 goal games if Pittsburgh got punished for their mistakes and CBJ had .900 goaltending.

I am trying, and failing, to figure out exactly what the gently caress point you're trying to make here. Columbus played like poo poo and Bobrovsky forgot how to goalie. It's mind-bogglingly stupid to say they "deserved better" because based on how they played, they got the exact result they deserved.

grack fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 21, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Captain Internet posted:

Sorry this is so late. I'll try to be as clear as possible. The bounces for Columbus? They were the bad bounces. The bounces for Pittsburgh? Very much good time bounces. If the bounces are not so good maybe for Pittsburgh in the 2nd round, they are going to be losing the hockey games.

I hope this helps clear it up!

Nope, still stupid. Sorry!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Clearly if Columbus was luckier they wouldn't have spent the first three games running around taking stupid penalties. Or something.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Captain Internet posted:

vvvvv it's all good my man, not sure how to explain a team playing really really well not being rewarded for it and a team getting out played and not getting punished for it in a way you could understand, so you just enjoy that torts hate boner.vvvvvv

Columbus didn't play "really, really well". They played like absolute steaming poo poo through the first three games and only marginally better in games four and five. They took a ton of undisciplined penalties and Bobrovsky was awful. It wasn't an issue of puck luck, it was an issue of being outplayed by their opponent.

I'm starting to wonder if you actually watched any of the games at this point because your opinion is literally the exact opposite of everyone else on the forums.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

I still love the Totoro Say Banish Whistle avatar somebody in CAS has.

Three years later and the colours still work!

grack fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Apr 23, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Goldblum's gotta be fired after this, right? Every move he made over the last few years with the possible exception of Radulov has been a disaster.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

stab posted:

The only people who thought that Vancouver is win now is that idiot Benning.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK GODDAMMIT AHHHHHH

More likely it was ownership pushing that but Benning has done and said plenty of stupid poo poo on his own.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

TSN now confirming Pastrnak being shopped.

Bad attitude, never did the dishes.

Also, cheer up Bruins' fans - you lasted one day longer than the Canadiens, which is more than anyone thought you would.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

bewbies posted:

did someone get a screen cap of the fat guy at the end flipping off MacArthur

A fat, angry Boston sports fan flipping off opposing players? You may need to be more specific.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I'm guessing only partial tears, but still, god drat.

Also drugs, lots and lots of drugs.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Let's be fair - the alternatives to playing Rask were horrendous and that's squarely on management, not the coach.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Stiev Awt posted:

If Goldblum wants a winger, why didn't he draft Forsberg? :confused:

Goldblum doesn't know what he's doing. See: Trading PK Subban and then telling the press that the Habs need a good puck moving defenseman.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

I like the guy posting that he's not a Sbisa fan but who do you replace him with?

Uhh....literally anyone else?

It's gonna be an issue next season with Tryamkin gone, unless Juolevi or Pedan is ready to play full time.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JawKnee posted:

I think pretty much anyone else would be a better option given Sbisa's effect on his linemates play

Erik Gudbranson is still a Canuck.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Zodijackylite posted:

Isn't Pedan... not very good? I saw him a few times when he played in Bridgeport and he was slow and looked outmatched by most AHLers.

He could have both of his legs cut off at the knees and still be better than Sbisa or Gudbranson.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Stretch Marx posted:

Personal names have always been arbitrary and thinking any are worth preserving is a waste of time. Names are a function of culture at a specific time and not some sort of sacred label.

So what you're saying is that we live in a terrible world.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

Well yeah, player evaluation is another thing, but he was going to get at least that somewhere else so it's not like he would have settled for less to prove it and anyone proven would have cost significantly more. Are the Canes able to do that?

Pretty big assumption to make here.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

when they inevitably trade Pastrnak I'm going to stop watching this stupid team forever

Bad attitude. Never cleaned his room. Didn't have a large and magnificent nose.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

The way he handled the Richards and Voynov situations should be enough to keep Lombardi out of a job. Seriously scummy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Nobody is taking Lehtonen or Niemi, much less both of them without a hell of a bribe or Jim Nill kidnapping their children.

• Locked thread