Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a false posted:

my dads friends daughter is married to one of jeff gorton's assistants and claims that stepan is 100% being traded so uh, take that for what it's worth i guess

Does your uncle also work at Nintendo?

e: :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a false posted:

i dont get the nintendo joke because video games are for children but i am fully aware of how stupid taking that as a legitimate source would be

Every school in the early to mid 90s had one kid who claimed their uncle worked at Nintendo and had the inside scoop on everything.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Benson Cunningham posted:

Of these three, which ones were bought directly from the nhl and which ones were bought from China.

If you guess correctly, I will post a picture of my dog.

Edit: Staal, Orpik, and Fleury if it matters.

Middle is the only official one, the other two are Chinese.

e: you should post your dog anyway, because reasons.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That is a fluffeh dog :3:

Breed?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In an unprecedented trade, the ownership of the Montreal Canadiens and Detroit Red Wings have announced that Marc Bergevin has been traded for Ken Holland.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Have a passing out dog.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Do the defensemen have to be good are do you just have to have them asking for a friend

You know in your heart yours aren't going anywhere.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ginette Reno posted:

Same. He'll be a fan favorite wherever he goes though. He's a pretty likable guy.

He seriously reminds me of Brett Farve (as prior mentioned), only without the doucheiness. Great at his spot, but good gods does he give you heart attacks at times.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Martytoof posted:

Emelin for anyone. Go.

You get *checks notes* Dan Girardi.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How many Montreal teams currently on the wide rings again?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a false posted:

where are the trades.

In our hearts.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In a shocking turn of events, the GMs decided to trade in their ability to trade for their ability to piss people off even more.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MAF all but said "Hey, Vegas, take me" at this point. I don't see him staying.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Neodoomium posted:

Justin Abdelkader loving stinks and the only reason he was any good was because he had Pavel Datsyuk literally banking pucks into the net off him

Abdelkader is the epitome of grit and grind and I can't finish this thought without laughing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How about you both shut up or you're taking enforced breaks.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kalensc posted:

That MAF derail was started by someone saying "boy PAS sure is bragging about MAF now after moaning for years!" and then getting feisty when the reply was "he's a swell guy who did good in some years and was a house of cards in some others".

I'll chalk it up to the humidity but jeez, more vitriol aimed at D-Link than Snow and Holland combined.

Anyways, MAF is the best, and eight years later his jersey remains my best-ever sports paraphernalia purchase. Always have and will cheer for him, even while cringing as he sashays his way 9 feet outside the crease.

The MAF derail is cool, because hey, discussing the merits of a player that may go in the expansion draft is relevant.

The ensuing flames were not.

So yeah, take a deep breath, relax, and no one has to sit in the sin bin.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I just saw that Detroit is interested in Phaneuf and if we get another terrible old fart locker room presence then I'm boycotting going to wings games

How many a year do you go to again?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HookShot posted:

How do you manage to make an egg white omelette that still comes out to 580 calories is what I want to know JFC.

It's not just the omelet, so it's probably counting the toast (and butter) on that. Also cheese is high in fat, even if it is sheep or goats (assuming 100g serving, feta has ~21 grams of fat).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LumpyGumby posted:

Blues aren't terrible, thankfully. I'm hoping the Preds will look much better on the ice.

I've said often that piping sucked, except for the Preds and earlier Blues. Of course there gone from the only teams it looked good on.

Whatever, please don't make the Avs horrible.

Don't worry, the on ice product is horrible enough as is that it'll make people forget about any terrible jerseys the Avs may have.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Green with a cream stripe works well for Minnesota.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/simoncremer/status/877342997012242433

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Drunk Canuck posted:

Oh I just noticed the Hurricanes unfucked their entire look. https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/fans/adidas-uniforms

Good job bringing back the warning flags.

The warning flags around the waste is cool and good.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So how badly will OAS melt down if McDavid doesn't win the Hart?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

hand knit: i assume awful racist/homophobic jokes in avatars are no-goes right because someone is probably getting a deangelo avatar and i want to know my limits

Definitely no-goes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mind_Taker posted:

Give me the fancystats on Scandella's smile and we'll talk.

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GIVE
ME
CHAOS
:evilbuddy:

• Locked thread