Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/PKessel81/status/849990419496742915

https://twitter.com/Letang_58/status/850376955967012865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

hot take: Columbus isn't actually very good and they're in for a real letdown next season when they don't get Vezina caliber goaltending from Bob.

Maybe they should change their three letter chant from CBJ to PDO.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's good for the league and the health of their opponents that Columbus has improved. I'm glad they're a better team now. But I still want them to lose because of Torts, Dubinsky and Hartnell.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Another massacre for 4/20.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Columbus got exactly what they deserved.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Precisely.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Plenty of Columbus fans on the internet were all over Tortorella for abandoning their style of play from the regular season in favor of throwing a lot of hits in the first two games. Whether he was trying to jump-start the team after a stretch of poor play at the end of the season or he was just being an idiot (or both!) is anyone's guess. Whether they had an untimely slump or they were just regressing to their actual talent level is another question.

They rang up a bunch of bad shots, threw too many hits, and they actually did get some lucky bounces for goals. I don't see any evidence that they should have been better than they were with the exception of Bobrovsky's play and he's been known to have stretches of really bad play in the past. At least Tortorella only embarrassed himself with his coaching instead of having himself another little media meltdown.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

People's names actually have meaning and historical context which create a shared culture. Then you get a generation that traded culture for empty consumerism giving their children made up bullshit names because of their own narcissism. They're also all really singsongy and twee. It's not just different, it's different for a lovely reason.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

honk honk honk

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

kalensc posted:

I'm happy the Pens won and am thrilled for MAF, but it sucks that the Caps (and Jackets) were the opponents this far. Finally seeing Ovie and Kuz and Holtby and a bunch of others in at least a conference final would have been wonderful. Dumbasd seeding method.

And we get to witness plenty of terrible hot takes, such as https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud?s=09

What a clown

It's actually really great that they beat both of those teams.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Is there going to be a stream of the parade tomorrow?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

My only criticism of the powerplay is that they are very inconsistent with their zone entries. They almost always look threatening when they establish possession, though.

cenotaph fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 15, 2017

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Vegas does need to hit the salary floor so they have to take some players with salary and guys like Rust don't really help there.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Wow, yeah that's pretty low. I do think that Rust is more replaceable than a guy like Hornqvist, though.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

glynnenstein posted:

At some point after the draft they have to get it up higher so there could still be trades, but they don't have to think about salary so much during their draft. I don't know what the date is where they have to hit the league-wide floor; maybe 1st day of the season.

Somehow I have been reading about the expansion draft for a year and managed to forget this stuff.:v:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

From another angle, picking MAF gets you a charismatic dude to put on billboards and trot out in front of the media. I don't know if that's something Vegas would actually factor in, but it's a consideration I've seen thrown around. Plus the three cups looks good in that regard.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Fleury's career is 912, those are career playoff stats.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

grack posted:

What in the gently caress is going on with those lines through the numbers.

They already had those. I can only assume they are guitar strings.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The collar is so incredibly ugly.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

This is sensible and obvious.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah, that's a good signing that I'm happy about.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sundqvist didn't translate his game in the NHL at all in the opportunities he was given so I find it hard to care one way or another about that deal. The swapping of picks is whatever.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sullivan is either going to squeeze more value out of Reaves than anyone else ever has or scratch him so much he gets traded.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

grack posted:

Giving up a first round pick to get a markedly worse player is pretty goddamned stupid.

It is, but dropping 20 spots in a draft isn't a future-defining moment for a team like the Penguins, while the other teams should be building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

violent sex idiot posted:

its a first round pick but, its the very last first round pick innit?

Yes, and they got a second round pick back that was 20 spots lower.

• Locked thread