Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

a false posted:

probably, but i hate him so much right now

I legit hate Hayes more right now. Maybe even JT Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ThinkTank posted:

50 point, 28 goal wingers don't come in under $3M.

:confused:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Teemu Pokemon posted:

My feelings are still to raw for an "I told you so"

Check back with me after Holland fucks the draft up when I'm filled with rage and need to take it out on a stranger

An "I told you so" wouldn't bother me. I've been rather meh on Smith since the trade. He was pretty good against Montreal but a total train wreck in the second round. If he comes cheap then I'm all for him replacing one of the Wonder Twins provided one or both of them go.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ThinkTank posted:

Ah, for some reason I thought you were talking about Kreider. That makes a lot more sense.

Yeah he's locked up for another 2 years I think. I'm sick and tired of how he flashes potential and then disappears for 2 weeks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Mind_Taker posted:

Isn't that like every 20-30 goal scorer?

Bad players are consistent because they never score, really good players are consistently because they score a lot, and pretty good players go hot and cold.

Sure, but we didn't even get POWER UP PLAYOFF KREIDER this year. And he's not very good defensively. Zucc disappears a lot but at least he's creative with the puck and plays really well on the forecheck.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

flakeloaf posted:

You're gonna love Zibanejad then.

I already do and he was fine this year.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Zodijackylite posted:

"Fire AV, trade everyone, somehow get Sidney Crosby and Patrick Kane and hire Mark Messier to lead them and the Hartford Wolf Pack to victory."

-Rangers fans

I mean, ok, but how many times are they going to trot this core out there and keep failing without a big change? I think JG made some good first steps last summer to changing things, but there's obviously a lot of work to be done. Personally, I think everything and anything outside of McD/Skjei should be on the table.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I don't want to fire AV, but I'd like to take away some of his toys like Staal, Girard, and Glass.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Duck Rodgers posted:

What is Arniels role on the team? Is he in charge of the D or something?

Offensive related. I'm not sure if he runs the PP but if so he needs to gently caress off.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'd :lol: at Keenan having another go around in NY.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Honestly I don't think there's a lot Gorton could do before this offseason WRT Staal/Girardi. Now that the end of those contracts is kind of sort of close and the buyouts are lower I think something may be able to be done. The NTC/NMCs Sather gave out did not help the situation.

HOPEFULLY it's clear now that they're a huge part of the problem. But I guess we will see.

I think Gorton is a good GM and AV is a drat good coach. But he's also a big dumb idiot sometimes.

FREE BUCH

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Iodised QQ posted:

Pierre was on the radio here in NY today saying the Rangers need to go all in to try and get Tavares away from the Islanders. I'd probably stop watching hockey if that happened.

I mean there's no chance of it happening and I truly believe he re-signs soon after he's able to (July 1st) but gross.

That would be badass.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Vertical Lime posted:

honk honk honk

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DJExile posted:

So what if I told you one of the most reasonable, level-headed takes about Ovechkin came from Charles loving Barkley of all people?

A) this is good

B) shatterink :lol:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

iospace posted:

He did all four teams that lost in the 2nd and an all and one recap for the 1st round

Holy :lol: he sure did

https://youtu.be/-eThsga1v40

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Mind_Taker posted:

-The half of America that voted for Donald J. Trump

- Robbie Mook

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

ban all visors

for what it's worth Larry Brooks who does have some insight into the Rangers thinking about a few things (if you can sort out his info from his speculation) has been adamant that the Rangers are not interested in paying a big cost for Shattenkirk. If he wants $6+ mill per year he doesn't think they'll bite

Yeah, this has been sustaining me so far seeing that. But I'm also worried they're going to pay more than 3-3.5 for BSmith

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Chris Drury is the GM of the Hartford Wolfpack. Kinda cool, apparently he's been doing good work with he Rangers front office and was a big part of getting Vesey and Hayes over the last few years.

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/chris-drury-named-general-manager-of-the-hartford-wolf-pack/c-289466394

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 16, 2017

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

he should loving fire ken gernander post haste

They did.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

grack posted:

It absolutely happens. A couple of years ago some team (Boston?) asked the Rangers for permission to speak to Jeff Gorton and it was denied because the org saw him as Sather's successor.

That said, I would've expected the same sort of thing for Botterill and Dubas but who knows.

Woah, Boston wanted Gorton back?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

a false posted:

we did single digits away from playoffs for like, a decade. it really sucked. i'd rather tank horrendously for like 3 years and end up with a generational superstar or two

If they keep using Staal and Girardi for the remainder of their contracts I'd say it'll be double digit time.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Lost Season posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the reason Barclay's is considering kicking out the Islanders, too.

They have the Nets and half the Islanders fanbase is scared to go to Brooklyn because they might see a non-white person.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

No no no no, guys, GUYS, shoot at the goalies chest like THIS, not like THAT

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Rename the football team to something not racist and they'll probably win 3 cups.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Eric the Mauve posted:

Or maybe rename the hockey team to something that IS racist?

🤔🤔🤔

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It's fair to criticize Trotz, but who do you replace him with that's better? You're most likely damaging your coaching situation by letting him go.

I'll trade AV for Trotz.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

yellowcar posted:

Take Emelin. Please.

*cuts in front of you on line* GIRARDI!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Holden sucks rear end.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'll take Ovie on the Rangers. K thanks

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Suspicious posted:

He's still too young to be a Ranger.

Yeah but the contract is just about right for a guy who doesn't score in the playoffs.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Apparently the rangers are out on Kovalchuck.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

gently caress

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Rangers are after Lindy Ruff to join the coaching staff. My question is, why?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Perhaps they bought into the whole "Lindy Ruff gets teams to play defence" thing?

I guess but I haven't heard anything about Beuk getting fired?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Still no word on if Jeff asked one of the wonder twins to waive?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Second source RE: MAF

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/874330582632861697

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Glambags posted:

There are apparently "rumors" that the rangers "could" buy out Girardi but good luck finding any reputable corroboration

Thanks Glen.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I want to die.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Glambags posted:

I don't think this matters all that much, since exposing one of them would only be to protect some other bad defenseman (Klein or Nick Holden Sucks rear end). Also Staal and Girardi suck and there will be far better options for Vegas even if they are looking to take bad contracts to get to the cap floor so why would Vegas even take them. And I thought I read that waiving nmcs/ntcs for the expansion draft is only for the expansion draft, and not a waiver for all future transactions. So basically, who cares

You're right but I still can't stand both of them and want them Gina and haven't really had anything Rangers related to latch onto for weeks.

I'm not thrilled at the cap hit for a buyout either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

Kevin Klein reportedly considering retiring from the NHL

woah

• Locked thread