Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
The Vancouver Canucks have resigned 1st line superstar Jayson Megna for another year. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Everyone seems to be forgetting that today Vancouver will light up the Oilers for a dominating win, destroying Edmonton's confidence and probably injuring McDavid's feelings so they get blown out in a 4 game series. More importantly Vancouver will go from 29th to 27th and lose the lottery to draft 7th, and trade said draft pick for some under performing 23 year old high draft pick or maybe just tough guy and strong playoff performer Michael Ferland.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

ThinkTank posted:

It's a given that the Canucks will win tonight and management will try and spin it as a positive pointing out that they had third best odds last year and picked 5th so you can't rely on them.

More importantly I typed that and then realized I could honestly see them trading a high pick for a guy like Ferlund.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

JawKnee posted:

reasonably certain the nucks went 9 straight earlier in the season actually

It was 8 with an OTL right before it. This was right after our 4 game win streak to start the season in which we never won. There's a lot of really solid accomplishments this year actually.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

Huggybear posted:

jesus this is so accurate and depressing. Last year the Sedins finished okay and there were a couple of wins and a silver lining but this year was incredibly depressing. When do they fire Benning?

After next year and we get another high draft pick I'd imagine. My misguided hope is they expose Sutter and he gets somehow taken and then resign/ship out Gudbranson for anything.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Good news CAS - Nikita Tryamkin is headed back to the KHL because it is impossible to have good things.

On the plus side I guess that means Gudbransson... has a place... :smith:

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

ThinkTank posted:

He's an excellent, forward thinking GM that pioneered some really intuitive stuff for the Canucks (including sleep monitoring and petitioning the league to coordinate their schedule to it). He lost his way by the end there, but he was good at building a highly skilled skating team.

Just don't let him anywhere near the draft table.

Some of the stuff at the end is hard to figure out too as there's always rumours swirling around ownership's hands pulling his strings. He was great until the cup run though. I liked Gillis for the most part - but yeah his drafting turned out awful (with Horvat as the most notable exception).

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Late to the Travis Green party but does anyone know if he liked Subban? Is there any chance we see him on a call up for Vancouver? I never get to watch Utica games but his offensive numbers seem nice for a team that has none.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Living in Winnipeg I have an undying hatred for the Jets so them moving up last year made me super annoyed. If Vancouver is going to drop (they will) - just don't let it be because of Winnipeg.

I should really change my avatar. I feel like I enjoyed the idea of the Jets far more than I enjoy the Jets.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Being a fan of the Vancouver Canucks sucks.

Who's the best pick at 5?

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Breaking- I just traded 2 salmon treats and a conditional amount of Bonito flakes to my cat for the wire bread bag tie he was attempting to eat.

Couldn't even get a conditional hair ball in 2018?

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Hey guys here's a fun game to play - what defenseman will Benning pay to play in place of Luca Sbisa? I'm glad he's gone but I cannot wait to find out what awful thing he finds to replace him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
Wait Jim Benning is no longer the defacto worst GM in the league but is only a very strong contender?

• Locked thread