Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

DJExile posted:

yeah Morin is up and he's got like 120 PIM in 68 AHL games this year. Someone likely gonna die

He likes boarding people, so there is a strong possibility of someone getting boarded tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/850709940192907264

Here's a little bit of hope for you.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Ah right, I suppose Botterill is still kicking around. I kinda figured he bolted a ways back since they never really write about him as much as they did in the Shero days.

Botterill has been the GM of the WBS Pens, and they managed to win the the Eastern Confernce, and still have a chance to finish #1 overall, so he's not doing so bad. (Especially since the team has been in Pittsburgh for most of the year.)

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Got some bad news for Flyers fans to watch (at least it's after your season so it might not be that bad.) Stolarz hyper extended his knee going post to post on a routine save during the 1st period of the WBS/LV game today. Left the locker room on crutches.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

sedative posted:

They played well with Lyon when Stolarz was up with the Flyers, so they might be alright. On the bright side, they finally scored on the baby pens! They ended a drought that lasted roughly 35 years.

It's funny though, because LV was the only team playing for anything (and it was obvious) and WBS still managed to outplay them until they scored their first goal, then sat back and played not to lose. Can't really be mad about the loss though, I expected the Pens to take it easy, since they already clinched the conference and they basically needed to win out while San Jose loses out to win the league.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

dont be mean to me posted:

How is there no

NOW
that's what I call a
MELTDOWN

gif on the Internet yet?

Last year we had Shark Eats Bear with his Meltdown sandwiches that he posted in GDT.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

iospace posted:

NOW ACCEPTING TITLES FOR THE NEW LOSERS, QUOTE THIS WITH IDEAS

Leaf us alone, we don't know what to do with these jerseys we aren't throwing.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Levitate posted:

Krz isn't a name it's s radio station

WKRZ is my local top 40 station.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

Vrana and Bowey were getting healthy scratched in Hershey and those were always thought to be 2 of their best prospects.

Don't take this to mean anything until next season. Hershey has always been run as an AHL team first, NHL prospects team second. That changes with the new contract that was just signed. (Hershey almost lost their team because of this fact.) The Caps don't own or manage the team, but I think they actually will manage them next year. (Just look at the number of AHL lifers on the team each year.)

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Crosby is hanging out with the Pirates today.
https://twitter.com/Pirates/status/874775350005436416

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Krime posted:

30 minutes of madness coming right up.

Don't forget that Vegas isn't allowed to announce any trades they completed.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Of course, now that there is no penalty for poaching coaches, everyone steals everyone from the Pens.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Vegas also has to build their AHL team, so MAF let's them draft someone younger they can stick down in the AHL for a year or two.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

The Fanatics jerseys really do look like the cheap poo poo you buy at Wal-Mart. The collar on the Pens one is really terrible and it's shiny as hell.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

iospace posted:

The warning flags around the waste is cool and good.

That lists the price for Authentics at $185 or $265 with nameplate. Which makes me think the Fanatics ones really are cheap Wal-Mart crap.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Byrne/status/878405437053423616

for gently caress's loving sake pack it in you walking melanoma and loving kill yourself

He looks like he's going to cry.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

JoelJoel posted:

Uh, what's an internal move? Handing out more NMCs? Making sure the young guys don't get playing time? making GBS threads on perfectly serviceable players because... ?

Putting young players in the AHL to make room for grinders.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/878435594338267137

Sure we won the Stanley Cup back-to-back but what about our stars getting hit a lot???

What does this mean? It's notice Reaves is going to play on Crosby's wing. gently caress, Botterill probably was the brains behind all the trades.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Rick Tocchet is happy with the Reaves trade, it is worse than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

cenotaph posted:

It is, but dropping 20 spots in a draft isn't a future-defining moment for a team like the Penguins, while the other teams should be building.

What about dropping to #51 Then drafting someone scouted at #143 at the highest in that spot?

Edit: Oh yeah, and trading a center for a right wing on a team that has 80000000000 RW and 2 centers signed.

• Locked thread