Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

iospace posted:

All I know is Nashville is going to go 4-4-1. No way they expose their first two pairings. Johansen and Forsberg are also probably going to be protected, but the other two forwards are up in the air.

Forsberg, Arvidsson, and Johansen, then either Neal or Jarnkrok I would guess, barring some side deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Preds extended Yannick Weber, 1 year 650k.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Why aren't you guys talking about protecting Sissons? He looked like the Preds' best player throughout the SCF to me

He's a bottom sixer, 20 pts in 109 regular season games.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That's surprising to me. He really performed on the big stage.

Yeah he's shown a bit more in the AHL so maybe he could do more with a different role but still I don't think he rises to being worth protecting

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Not wholly stupid because having them locked in might change your decision making on other picks. Probably stupid if it's Kris Russell though.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Vegas should get Thornton, Iginla, Jagr, and Doan for an old guy victory(less) lap and then retire all their numbers next year.

edit: But not Hossa because gently caress helping Chicago.

Thufir fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 19, 2017

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Cutting out Doan now also avoids awkwardness of trading or sending down the captain mid-season.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

I like the Sabres, Avs, Oilers, and Blues. Rest are same or meh.

Edit: I like Knights colors but the logo is still bad.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Schedules out

Holy poo poo the Flyera play a lot of games against the western conference early

I think the last few years they've been front-loading cross-conference play as much as possible so they can have RIVALRIES down the stretch.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Apparently Fiala is skating already https://www.instagram.com/p/BVp-bw6F7E5/?taken-by=kevinfiala22&hl=en :stare:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Kopitar and Toews/Kane are on deals with a $10m+ cap hit that end in their late 30s so McDavid at 14 til 29 or whatever isn't that outlandish.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Capfriendly also has Jordan Schroeder going from the Wild to the BJs for a Dante Salituro but I don't see it anywhere else.

edit:

VVV There it is.

e2: Dreger says maybe Raanta and Stepan to Yotes.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Who was the dude Arizona got from NY in the Yandle trade?

I wanna see him go back

Duclair?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

:siren: Bob says Stepan/Raanta for #7 and DeAngelo.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

JawKnee posted:

why would you even want to turn things upside down?! We only finished 29th!

welcome to Jim Benning's Final Season

I mean, if you turned Vancouver upside down, is there even anything there to fall out? Some Sedin dust and broken dreams?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

After 17-18 Stepan's salary is less than his cap hit, so that's pretty peak Arizona too.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

lol, especially if Vegas ends up trading him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Seems like Nashville is legit pursuing Duchene.

• Locked thread