Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

I honestly think this is the year the Wild and the Caps finally live up to expectations. I mean, statistically how many times can the Wild lose to the Blackhawks, or the Caps flame out in the second round?

I feel like this is tempting fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Chows posted:

One of those mock expansion draft things had Vegas taking Adam McQuaid from the Bruins and I really hope they are stupid enough to do that because Adam McQuaid sucks and I hate that he is on this team.

Was it the same one that had Vegas taking Trevor Van Riemsdyk? Because I had a good laugh at that while secretly hoping it happens.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The next lockout is going to be great. Good job being such shortsighted morons, NHL owners. :downs:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

These Sportsnet idiots going on and on about how lucky the NHL was to get out of the Olympics because now they can grow the viewership in China without hitches. :thumbsup:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

"Playoff Hero" Bryan Bickell will retire after being diagnosed with MS earlier this season. Dudes only 31. :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I guess we can now throw up a playoff thread for good teams that win and make the playoffs. And the Wild.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

A Hawks-Habs final is the only thing I will accept this year. Anything less will be considered a failure.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DuhSal posted:

Really? lol. I don't read comment sections or listen to radio shows (and Leafs fans I know aren't saying it), so I have no idea but I find that really hard to believe. People need some loving perspective if that's actually true.

Do you not leave your house? I can walk down any street in the GTA and meet rabid delusional Leafs fans thinking Matthews makes McDavid look like a 3rd liner and that the team is built for a back to back to back Cup run starting this year.

Also the delusion gets worse the further into the burbs you go. By the time you hit Barrie.. well, lets not look into that abyss. :cry:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

Guess which dumb fans I deal with on a regular basis?

Nordiques?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I know Im in the minority but I love passing plays so much more than sick dangles.

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/850869048560672773

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

I'm just saying don't go in with dreams of winning the cup immediately :v: Everything is a bonus that way!

They had what, 8 top 3 draft picks in the last 10 years? Would this really qualify as immediately?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

LumpyGumby posted:

Burn it all down.

This is the price the Avs have been fated to pay for winning Claude Lemieux a Cup.

Then again NJ also won him a Cup...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

How long would it take for Therrien to convince them to trade Ekblad to some western team for an older more broken down version of Ekblad?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hope Jeremy Jacobs is trampled to death by his own horses and the last thing he sees is Bergeron's gold medal hanging from the open stable door.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

Lotta cane waving going on itt.

You joke like you wont be doing it too when you get to our age. By then people will be substituting emojiis and poo poo in there for vowels.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

Welcome friends. Let us all cheer for the Sens

gently caress every west team that isnt the Hawks. :colbert:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

grack posted:

The way he handled the Richards and Voynov situations should be enough to keep Lombardi out of a job. Seriously scummy poo poo.

Owners love people like that though. Because they too are evil vile monsters given flesh and power to walk the earth.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Hi everyone!

Just want to say a big gently caress you to AV for playing Glass over Buch.

Staal seems like a much bigger problem than AVs obsession with Tanner Glass.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

4-11 in game 7s

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

tofes posted:

i've always liked shattenkirk and thought he'd look great paired with vlasic

Shattenklasic
Vlattenkirk

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Also there is no need to change the thread title since SAS has no Ducks fans left for us to rub it in. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

My mom says my dad is sitting in the basement singing "gently caress the Ducks!" over an over. :3:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

iospace posted:

What team does your family nominally cheer for?

Thats a loaded question!

Grandfather: Habs
Dad: Leafs
Me: Hawks
Brother: Penguins

My dad just likes fast paced and clean hockey outside of that though. He grew up watching the Broadstreet Bullies so dirty teams like Anaheim he actively and eagerly cheers against.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Xtanstic posted:

You will have to explain this weird fandom mosaic

No idea why grandfather was a Habs fan. He started off a Bruins fan from what I was told but later on decided he liked being on the side of good and not evil.

My other grandfather and my dad are both Leafs fans because we live 45 minutes away from Toronto so theyre the local team. Probably had a lot to do with the fact they were the only games broadcast on local radio/TV at the time too.

My brother and me grew up in the age of national TV and the internet so we had free reign to pick our teams from all available. I picked Chicago originally because 8 year old me loved how angry they made my dad when they consistently beat the Leafs. Into the early 90s they actually had a good team and I just kind of stuck with it, even through the Dollar Bill years. My brother was drawn in partially by Lemieux and Jagr's mullet, but mostly because he loved their colours.

Hockey tears families apart just as easily as it brings them together. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

:rip: Gio, you flew too close to the Sun.

Like a duck without hair feathers.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ImplicitAssembler posted:

They'll jump off the bandwagon quickly, though. The amount of blue jays hats have already drastically dwindled this year.

That might have something to do with Canadian teams actually making the NHL playoffs this year. :ssh:

I suspect that hats will now start to change over as hockey wraps up.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So... too early to welcome the end of the season?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

Guarantee Chicago shot the idea down before it could go anywhere

Didnt the Leafs do the same thing with Hamilton/Toronto2?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I would like to be the first to welcome Nashville fans to the thread

Technically youre the second.

Furnaceface posted:

So... too early to welcome the end of the season?

:smug:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Replace the Sportsnet idiots with Luongo, Bryz, DiPietro and Biron.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

Please. It'd be for Cody McLeod.

I think you mean Andrew Shawww crap. :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

BRING FORTH THE TRADES I LONG FOR THE TRADES.

This is the worst timeline, what does your heart tell you?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Holy poo poo they actually took TVR, Sbisa and Emelin? :laffo:

Also I just heard about Hossa having a skin disease that wont even let him put hockey equipment on anymore and that its going to cost him his 20th NHl season. That loving sucks. :smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

I look forward to the Preds sweeping the Hawks again. And again and again and again.

The Central being a bloodbath, minus the Avs, means there is a steadily increasing chance the Hawks dont even make the playoffs to get swept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Bad trade for pens but cups make me not give a loving poo poo

Its a nice feeling, isnt it. :unsmith:

Still not thrilled with losing Toftbo though. :smith:

Also I was at work but my dad said Buttman got a really entertaining reaction from the crowd when he came out to talk. Please tell me it was the loudest booing ever.

• Locked thread