Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aurora posted:

Apparently the streak's gone as long as I've been alive

I think this means you're going to die.

rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nashville has Cody McLeod actually so they should go gently caress themselves with a urine knife.

HootTheOwl posted:

I honestly think this is the year the Wild and the Caps finally live up to expectations. I mean, statistically how many times can the Wild lose to the Blackhawks, or the Caps flame out in the second round?

You haven't been following the Wild in the last month or so have you?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stretch Marx posted:

N: Matthews scores twice and ties the rookies record for goal for all US born rookies. Toronto leapfrogs Boston and ties Ottawa for 2nd.

V: :toot::toot::toot:

Only 40 more to go!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Maybe wait to make sure he's not had an aneurysm or some poo poo before making light of a man collapsing on live television

Yeah it's way funnier if you wait until they die.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kill the loser point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If I messed up as often as they do I wouldn't still have mine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We're not looking at a situation where like John Scott is still a top 1000 hockey player in the world or something. Referees are not finely filtered into the NHL like players are. There's a lot of cronyism involved..

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also the situation is more like your boss walks into your office and says "hey I have some constructive criticism" and then you and 20 of your friends shout him down and refuse to accept it, and then if anyone else heard rumors of you being criticized you require him to write a personal apology.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It wasn't really the insurance, that was just what they were claiming when they knew the IOC wouldn't pay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

stab posted:

oh boy

got playoff tickets for 3 of the 4 MTL round 1 playoff games (games 2-3-4)

if you recall, I have a 1-6 playoff record watching games live (with 4 eliminations)

I'm sorry HAS :(

You're a hero.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I can't wait for all the hand-wringing when players go to the Olympics and the previous pro-Olympics fans are calling into question their players' integrity and dedication when they up and leave their teams for two weeks a month and a half before the playoffs

In hindsight, Ken Holland is a genius for locking up all those non-Olympians.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

News: Coach Brucie pronounces his player's name "David Kraahhhh-chee"
Views: :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Like... crotchy?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No no, he was supposed be to selling the abdomen. You have to keep the story straight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Powershift posted:

The dude during the oilers game said the oilers/flames are 0-36 in southern california arenas.

Then they're guaranteed a win because nobody wants to make a Kevin Smith reference in 2017.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teams shouldn't be penalized for keeping it close, but shouldn't be awarded for failing to win.

See? It cancels out. Kill the loser point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

Letang out 4-6 months with a herniated cervical disc. That is really a huge blow to Pittsburgh's chances.

Maybe Letang and his cervix shouldn't be playing a man's game!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm going to invoke the PAS rule. Someone boarded Pastrnak earlier so it was justified. Hockey play.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

Pretty sure Mcdavids got that Hart locked down.

Sure he might lead in points, but how many dicks has he speared? Probably like only 3.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's happening exactly? Paul Maurice is bringing in every Ohio player's family for the game?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Meanwhile Dotchin's punishment for the sell job is that he still has to play for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, that's also not sexual assault. I'm sure some of it's still illegal, though.

And of course a guy doesn't only try that once.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

iospace posted:

Rivals.com is a sports website known for really stupid puns. For example, "Avalanche of Suck" is ok, but "Avasuck" is not.

The long and the short of it, no modifying someone's (or a team's) name to bash them, really.

Although seemingly not anymore and I keep trying to get Hand Knit to use something more modern.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Toronto's chances of blowing it are high, but Tampa and New York's chances of winning out are not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JoelJoel posted:

Have a sharks, Bengals, rockies, and raptors fan in your life? Well, have I got the product for you!

Alternatively, can someone explain this to me?

E: only 16 bux!

Probably Pungry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not going to be too many Anton Khudobins in the playoffs.

Hopefully.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yesssss, give in to the Dark Side.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sidney Crosby should be removed from all MVP consideration for that sad rear end one timer attempt.

yellowcar posted:

Enjoy getting swept by the Caps I guess, Leafs fans.

They can also get swept by Ottawa if they win tomorrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DuhSal posted:

Funny but you don't think playoff experience means anything?

If it does Dominic Moore is about to poo poo all over Holtby or Anderson.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leafs are actually Atlantic 3rd right now. They drop without a point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fits posted:

theyre only a3 because they have the same points as the bruins with fewer games. they lose the tiebreaker

Yeah, I was just pointing it out because it's a weird tiebreaker quirk right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jonny Nox posted:

Wait was that the Flames?

Some team out there has never lost in the first round

Carolina hasn't lost in the first round in 8 years.

Pretty solid run.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

It's McIlhenney backed up by Sparks tonight, I think.

Wouldn't be the first time CBJ killed someone who wasn't on the ice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taking bets on which Ranger Sestito takes out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

Looks like it'll be BOS vs. WSH and TOR vs. OTT unless Columbus score 3 unanswered in regulation.

I can just say 'lol' right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Dirty Burger posted:

Sad that the Battle of Ontario isn't happening, but excited for Burrows vs the Bruins

I am also excited for a team that gives many Burrows minutes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's okay, according to Rangers fans rivalries aren't really that interesting and the playoff system should change.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

My favourite part was when they said that Erik Gudbranson was an upgrade on Dan Hamhuis because he's younger I guess?

Erik Gudbranson will likely not die as soon as Dam Hamhuis, and you can't teach that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If Toronto's 15 loser points still don't see any change in a 3 point system what's the point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drunk Canuck posted:

Harsh dumb decision from the Kings. The new hires will get instapraise when most of the team regress to their career norms and be in a playoff spot.

It's progress if it's going up!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They've alternated winning the cup and being bottom feeders. I'm not sure it's the best system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Convinced?

That's not very Sweeney. Hextall picked up that phone and first thing out of his mouth was "I'll give you a 3rd for Rinaldo."

• Locked thread