Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm going to watch Seinfeld with snail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I bit the bullet and finished the story of new Zelda. It's such a fantastic game and I really enjoy just wandering with Link, climbing mountains and just poking around the world, aesthetically it's pretty much perfect. There are a fair few little things in the game that are kind of a bummer for me though and I've got pretty much zero desire to go back and try to 100% or anything (I liked the shrine puzzles well enough but I didn't need, or want really, more hearts/stamina after a certain point and I finished all the big dungeons before finding out what the seeds were for so...). Some of the ways the game just assumes that your reaction to seeing something new is to attack it soured a couple moments for me

For as much as I didn't like the mix of farming/combat in RF3/Stardew, I think some light farming mechanics would have gone a long way to ease my feeling that the only way Link affects the everyday world is by murdering poo poo.

Also, damnit let me keep ride-able wildlife, I don't care that they aren't as fast that's not the point!

Also also, fishwife is good :3:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 2, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

I'm going to watch Seinfeld with snail

Me too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I approve of this Nico-centric posts you make. Do keep them coming.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please do not denigrate cats like that.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

El Burbo posted:

The April fools Kaguya is NOT funny

It will be hilarious once I am 100% sure (as opposed to my current 99%) that it is in fact a joke

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
All that said, there are still a few areas that I haven't properly explored yet so Link's still got a few mining expeditions left in him yet

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also pt.4, for as much as I loved that new blue outfit design pre-release I think the default Hylian set is the best looking outfit in the game

...excepting the gerudo set of course

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

same

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

I'll denigrate you, Sparkly Boy! :mad:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
These have been Knorth's Zelda thoughts, thank you for your patience

:33:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 2, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Cant's Zelda thoughts: I'm one Beast into it, and I've wandered around a lot and died a lot. It's fun. I wish I could cook like 10 fruit-and-mushroom things at once.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gorf's Zelda thoughts: I sure wish I had a Switch

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Erg's Zelda thoughts: I sure wish I had a Switch

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Gorf's Zelda thoughts: I sure wish I had a Switch

done

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

wb gorf

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Is there much to play on the Switch other than Zelda and, what, Shovel Knight at the moment?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

What's the deal with the Wheel?? The deal is its gonna stop spinning in 1 hour, at 10PM Eastern.

https://cytu.be/r/wheelofanime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Agronox posted:

Is there much to play on the Switch other than Zelda and, what, Shovel Knight at the moment?

mostly those. there are some neo geo ports, a couple racing games, Blaster Master 0, and some new roguelike, but those are kind of a mixed bag or not really system sellers.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the worst thing is Snake Pass running like crap on Switch. though apparently it has performance issues on any system that isn't ps4 pro or pc.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Okay maybe I'll get it later. Haven't picked up a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

(Still never finished windwaker :()

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Trying to move pallets around at work on a busy Saturday is so much fun.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
blaster master zero isn't really a system seller at all if you have a 3ds unless you wanna play it on your tv

it's a really good game though, apparently

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mill Village posted:

Trying to move pallets around at work on a busy Saturday is so much fun.

I'm making a pot of chili, have made a loaf of bread, and am drinking a lot. A good Saturday, particularly because I haven't had much to do for work.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I really like my Switch but so far nearly everything worth playing is available on another platform in some capacity. I don't regret buying it at all (especially since I never got a Wii U) but it's definitely bare at the moment.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
my mom keeps trolling me talking about playing her Switch and having fun with the Zelda game :mad:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Everything Burrito posted:

my mom keeps trolling me talking about playing her Switch and having fun with the Zelda game :mad:

yeah, Squark can be pretty mean

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

good mom

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

she wants you to visit

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The wheel will be stopping momentarily.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Wait the poptepipic anime announcement was real

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
future diary just keeps getting progressively more and more bugfuck out of its mind :psyduck:

like this show is an exercise in just how far a story can go completely off the loving rails while still remaining interesting. i'm genuinely curious how long they can keep escalating the utter madness for before it gets tiring

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
like seriously what the holy gently caress is with those dogs with the metal jaws and speakers in them? is that guy just so rich he inexplicably has an army of trained cyborg dogs?

e: the fact that Yuno is genuinely not the craziest part of this show is astounding to me

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Apr 2, 2017

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

http://hoshiiro.jp

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Agronox posted:

It will be hilarious once I am 100% sure (as opposed to my current 99%) that it is in fact a joke

Strange that the mangaka chose the day it came out of all days to talk about how cool Teasing Master Takagi is on twitter...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yes

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

i regret watching future diary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I cannot loving believe that some people stopped playing Nier Automata after ending A

• Locked thread