Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

How the gently caress did a chat thread get 3500 posts in a single day, that's nuts

Yeah, chat thread 6 is the reason I like that graph. Granted it was too bright for this world and burned out in 2 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

dogsicle posted:

i'd skip the shorts unless somebody wants to come in and try selling them as worthwhile

Nah, they're definitely bad. Basically the same concept, but it's flash animation and the actual episode content is 2 minutes so there's time for somewhere between one and two jokes. Decent ED, though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Xinder posted:

has polsy posted the stats yet?

http://polsy.org.uk/ani/stats/whoposted1to18.html

I'm glad Zep Hate-Senpai is still tenaciously holding onto the top spot with his strong posting game

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I ... may need to watch idols now.

Where are these idols from?

You won't find those ones outside of the mobage, at least for now

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

I can't find my post where I shared a lot of potential avs, and they are all missing from my computer. Rip

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768480&pagenumber=1898#post459734291 ?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

<--- mizuki's one appearance in the anime as a cameo

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

IT'S LITERALLY loving SNICKERS OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

https://twitter.com/goro1982/status/848073110544818176

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

chumbler posted:

Polsybot is a yandere, obviously.

It's the collective unconscious of his surroundings, I'm certain

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I would probably have appreciated it less if I had to watch it 8 times in a row, rather than having a week's break each time.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Araki posted:

The worst thing is that the other group's version is way better than mine. I don't know where they got their scans, but they're much better than the e-book I got off Amazon, and they clearly put a lot of effort into redrawing and typesetting.

If there's one thing I've learned from buying manga on iTunes, it's that legal digital scans are likely to not be very good, and you or someone else needs to get it off paper where practical.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Araki posted:

The CITY scans I was using would've been fine if not for the fact that they were encoded as JPGs instead of PNGs, so they were full of artifacts. The scans the other group is using are much crisper and have a higher resolution, and they look too good to be paper scans. It's probably a different e-book version, one without lossy compression.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I haven't really seen artifacts, just not high enough resolution for non-trivial kanji below a certain font size.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

:yeah:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Red Minjo posted:

Maid dragon...

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

theres a tryhard girl who is mean to the new girl. not nearly as mean as the last one though. the chef girl

Known Shiho-hater Super No Vacancy hating on responsible workers, typical.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

shiho and minko are similar in that they totally misconstrue the purpose and virtue of their work due to their blind adherence to some fictional duty to management. consequently they are both awful and neither has any friends! at least shiho doesnt physically assault anyone i guess

Yeah, I'm somewhat more on board with hating on Minko, I was still thinking about Satsuki when I wrote that.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I feel like 4-koma adaptations are bound to be at least a little better, unless they're the mercifully few where they literally play out the 4-koma exactly as written and move onto a completely different scene after each one.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Knorth posted:

Here is a bee, for polsy and anyone who likes them
https://twitter.com/BeesBackyard/status/923361193133088769

:yeah:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Knorth posted:

!tell Polsy Bees!

That's some powerful bees

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

gmq posted:

Guess who just discovered you can emulate psp games and make them look 10x better than on the ps3.

The timing's already slightly off in that game, I can't imagine the extra emulation layer helps. I'll never get my hard mode full combos like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

gmq posted:

Huh, I thought I just sucked at it.

You might have more success if you try to hit the notes slightly early, but that's harder than it sounds. Luckily Good is acceptable for full combo purposes.

• Locked thread