Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

hikaru: *dithers for 36 episodes*
max: *sees hot alien girl, marries her in under 48 hours*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i watched the season and it was hit or miss, but that's the nature of comedy. there's some good stuff throughout. highlight for me was the bit where they compete for a parent to take them in.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

oh theres also a relatively meta bit about comedy which is very good

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

ufarn posted:

What's the deal with Tokyo Ghoul season 2 being available to the US only? It's from 2016, so did they just not want to do Region 2 or something?

Kind of a bummer, especially since season 1 ended rather abruptly to say the least.

as someone who watched Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 i can tell you not to worry about it because it's Total poo poo

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Motto posted:

good anime with timeskips: concrete revolutio

:v:

madoka :madmax:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i like the mod for kotor2 that re-adds the cut planet only for it to turn out it was cut not for time, but because it's the most boring thing ever created

if i replay the game i will not install the mod because actually playing through the droid factory is the pits

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The Colonel posted:

no i mean the other one

that one sucked too but by the end youre so overpowered that soloing that planet wasnt a big deal. hk47 otoh doesnt have any force powers and uses guns and at one point is fighting like 15 robots by himself sealed into a single room with the doors locked

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my brand is fake mcdonalds in anime

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

Does it get better or anything

Absolutely not.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

The new chapter he was talking about is just a full chapter sex scene lol

lmao

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

when your goatse sex doll gets deflated

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

well i finished xxxholic

it had a few decent episodes (the snowball fight, monkey's paw) but the cheap animation combined with himawari and doumeki barely even counting as characters and 90 percent of watanuki's interactions with others being ~wacky overreactions~ really put a damper on it overall. thoroughly average.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

lmao

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i thought hayase was like 30 lmao

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

lets hang out posted:

the post was long so i didn't read it

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i want to see eichenwald defend his hent habits like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2s4UoWJTI

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

darker than black is ok but is one of the rare pieces of media where i wish it did more worldbuilding. it felt like they had a bunch of really bare bones concepts and characters and it made the show feel shallow. also the s1 ending was a mess.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

The dainty position of the hands. 'Nuff said.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Red Minjo posted:

I can't believe somebody uses the white theme

im white

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Plutonis posted:

A guy I know said he was dating someone who did anime dub voice acting and when I asked he said it was Cross Ange and I'm laughing a lot

that owns

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

yeah its real good.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I've been watching ReLife. Does anybody else find themselves relating to the main character a bit?

no i have absolutely no empathy for the grad unable to find work in a lovely job market

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Capture your finest moments on film!
Press and hold the grip button to equip your camera, then press the trigger button while your camera is equipped to take a picture. If you manage to snap a photo of a girl's panties, you'll unlock a special achievement! Every single girl's panties has its own achievement, so get those cameras ready and see if you can collect them all!

pokemon go to prison

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

well guys, guess I won't be posting here much anymore, I got called up to the big leagues

the pepsi bourgeois

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

rvm posted:

Please, tell me Dragon Maid does't have underage fanservice. Kanna is precious.

:smith:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

you: yui is a sticky blob and thats why kon is bad
me: yui is a sticky blob and thats why kon is good

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

The Netflix live Death Note spurred me to watch the original anime. I watched it when it was airing originally but dropped it when L died. I watched a bit past that but then it became clear it wasn't a ruse by L and they just replaced him with Near(?). He just seemed like a less good version of the same character. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did when I was 16 or so and a lot of the cool moments are still cool now. I remember my stomach dropping during the "why do you Leto starting at your watch?" scene so I hope it still has that oomph this time around.

yeah the whole thing with near felt like the author wrote themselves into a corner and that was how they got out of it. there are also complaints that light becomes an rear end in a top hat but i never got that because he was obviously a ruthless sociopath from the beginning, scenes like that one make it extremely clear.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I'm home from work so I'm going to respond to this with a few more expanded thoughts :shobon:

When I was younger I think I had the default assumption that he was the hero because he was the main character and he slowly became more and more twisted whereas now it's super clear he is a psychopath from the start. He kills people hunting him immediately without hesitation. It struck me as I was walking home that Roy Penber the FBI agent is the most screwed person. Light makes him kill his colleagues by writing in the Death Note but he doesn't know he killed them so that's not the problem. Ryuk tells us using a Death Note means you can neither go to heaven or hell so Penber's soul is screwed over simply because he hunted Kira. The writing feels very clever however I am watching it multiple episodes at a time and i am very dumb so maybe it's just good at seeming smart. However it feels like the deductions make sense as well as how Light experiments with the rules and how he applies them in interesting ways. Considering I know what's happening later there are things that seem like Light really benefits from providence e.g. Misa when L is clearly better :saddowns:

misa isn't beneficial for light, shes introduced to specifically handicap light and throw a wrench into his plans because otherwise he would have too much of an advantage over L. she gets herself caught through her own incompetence and he has to bail her out without killing her because of her shinigami. i dont think she herself actually manages to help light a single time in the entire show.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

wearing the hoodie: dere
putting the hoodie in the wash and accidentally turning your socks pink: tsun

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

dogsicle posted:

elfen lied...

lmao

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

nope sorry, youre going to be sealed in the anime pyramid with the hieroglyphs for "likes the worst love triangle in all of anime" chiseled into your sarcophagus

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

archaeologists uncover the tomb of incel-re, break open the coffin to reveal a mummy with strangely crusty yellow bandages

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

a kitten posted:

Today's weather: ashfall

The future sucks.

make it quick, outlander

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

so this is where anime nazis come from

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the plot of gamers is that everything would be solved if they had working phones, but theyre SUCH hardcore gamers that they all use n-gages

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I'm at this club where they're playing that dating sim about republican politicians and I don't want to be here

Maybe I'm being lame

i thought you were talking about a nightclub lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

galaxy brain

• Locked thread