Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

where's the poll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

an actual dog posted:

We should do what games does and restart the thread every month.

that's what i did back when the thread actually had posts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so I just watched the Mirai Nikki Redial OVA

given the knowledge that this is how the manga ended (more or less), I, uh, I really don't get why people think it had a bad ending?

like, honestly, both Yuki and Yuno are just incredibly loving broken people. they're not monsters. more than anything, by the end, I just wanted there to be some loving way, I didn't even care how, that they'd come out of it together and happy and alive. so the entire ending of the series, not knowing about Redial, was basically one gigantic punch in the dick to me as a result of this. however, Redial gives me literally loving exactly what I wanted. is the method a bit rear end-pull-ish? yeah, sure. do I give a gently caress? no. Yuki and Yuno finally got their loving HAPPY END and it was the most adorable god drat thing ever and I am so happy that the series doesn't go out on Yuki pining for Yuno in a featureless void, staring at the diary entry of her dying for 10,000 years.
iunno how you think yuno and yuki are adorable and happy, but im glad you enjoyed the show

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'd rather trying a bit too hard then mistranslations, typos, and outright gently caress-ups like 90% of crunchy translations. Not surprising when they get paid like 80 dollars an episode tho.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

why did nico smear poop all over her face and knee

if your poop is red, talk to a doctor

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

railgun invented this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnoHito posted:

The downside is that some pervert will probably find a way to get around its use within a week :eng99:
explain how

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnoHito posted:

"Look, it doesn't quite work in this weird pose! Let's trick some cosplayers into doing that pose!"

Or something. Don't doubt science.
why would a cosplayer be wearing that if the entire point of a cosplay is to imitate the original outfit

also why would a cosplayer go 'ah, this guy with a camera is getting me to bend over and is trying to stick the camera up my skirt, i wonder what his endgame here is'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/YokosimaP/status/849327702402314240

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i thought spiritus nox was gonna protest the happy ending of gx but actually he was cool with it, so now i have a lot of random symph thoughts but can't make a giant quote for it. So here's just my favorite bikki quote

quote:

I'm not the only one fighting. I thought I could use the Symphogear to be a savior, but that's conceited. Saving someone doesn't mean just putting my best effort forward. The person I save is also fighting, right? To really save someone is impossible to do all on your own. That's why Kanade told me not to give up on living. Not that she would protect me. But that she could help me save myself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh also i tl'd the little blurb in the symph axz trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRYvAHsrpLQ

quote:

The menace lurking in the shadows bears its fangs at the world.
A string of violent attacks, orchestrated by one group - the Bavarian Hope Society (Illuminati)
Once more, let's answer the question:
Is there a song in your heart?

the illuminati were mentioned briefly in G, when Maria talked about the US hiding the reality of the moon attacks. Since they're in some sort of jungle or congo-esque environment in the trailer, and the illuminati would naturally control world affairs, maybe it's globehopping symphogear. who knows!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

whose girl, this is important

takumi mukai's

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stexils posted:

gotta say, the goofy parts of macross are way better than the serious parts

macross would be better if it was love live

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway i liked the dragonmaid finale but the part with tohru talking to herself to explain her obvious dilemma was really overdone and it was weird that they kept cutting to the other dragons when they did nothing in the finale.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rip to the maiddragon director, who also directed disappearance of haruhi and amagi brilliant park

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/850395724223098880

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darox posted:

I don't know what The Point Of The Show As Interpreted By Nox is, but I thought Homuras actions were entirely in character in the third movie instalment of Horuma loves Madoka.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rebellion is about how sacrificing yourself for the sake of others is all well and good but that it still hurts the people around you. homura isn't rejecting what madoka's sacrifice stood for, she's rejecting that madoka should have ever had to sacrifice herself in the first place. madoka was a wholly blameless person who had to destroy her entire existence so that other people could live, and at the end of the day the world she got from it was hollow and empty, at least for Homura. Homura would rather a flawed world with Madoka in it than a 'perfect' world without Madoka in it. It's not about 'lol love and peace is bad!,' it's about how all-consuming Homura's love is, how an ending that might be good for one person is bad for another. This is the conflict between Sayaka and Homura.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh my god i forgot this video

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I find it compelling because I am a human being and have been selfish in my life, and Homura's actions aren't completely black or white. They're born out of love and a desire for Madoka to be happy, even if she's also tied her own self-worth into Madoka's happiness.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

also I forgot what nagisa's wish was lol
Wish: Unconfirmed. Puella Magi Production Note suggests it was for "one single cheesecake".
I think some manga or something says that her mom was sick and she wished to have cheesecake with her one last time, since it was both her and her mom's favorite food, but then she realized she could have wished to cure her mom's illness and got owned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*extremely woke but only half-ironic voice* homura's actions are framed as a bad thing because she isn't letting her homosexual love for madoka end in tragedy like so many other stories of the type, and is in fact actively tearing down the previous ending so that her love can be expressed fully. sayaka, as the most heterosexual member of the cast, is framed in stark opposition to this, but in the ending this is shown to be her own self-defense mechanism against her own homosexual urges, expressed by kyouko becoming a full member of the group instead of an odd hanger-on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

theres no real place to post this but it upsets me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSkEG5hTcts

the premise of this actually seems kind of funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"Even Emiya Shirou has done archery!

Notes: Will not teach you twin blade techniques.
Will not teach you magic.
Left image is an illusion. None of us are as handsome."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because a scene of shirou and archer shooting arrows at each other would have been really boring

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the eccentric family is good and people seem pretty positive on re:creators, bahamut and my hero academia

littlewitch academia depends on how much you want episodic character comedy, though it's shifting into a more connected storyline now apparently
sakura quest is also good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mods please change this thread to anime chat thread 19: i cry when the cindy die

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/timadeath/status/851301406686420993

finally, art of the 31 year old idols

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I ... may need to watch idols now.

Where are these idols from?

they're from cinderella girls but they only make brief cameos in the anime, sorry

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

As a guy who's normally into robots and laser guns, I actually enjoyed this YA high school magical realism chick flick.
dont say chick flick

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

popc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

Well no wonder with a keyboard like that! Also, new Now Loading.
best line is 'they better not be sleeping together' said with a look that knows they are

• Locked thread