Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mogomra posted:

What is a cool and good sci-fi/mecha anime to watch assuming I've seen all of Macross multiple times and Legend of the Galactic Heroes and enjoyed them both?

I don't need something that's exactly like either of those, but I have no idea what to watch.
irresponsible captain tylor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I didn't like that part, it was just a little overboard
that was part was important for the tone of the chimera ant arc imo. it's definitely overboard and shocking but i don't think the arc would have worked if it pulled its punches.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

it is cool how chimera ant pulls no punches but also i like ponzu and wish she did not die horribly
it is to setup that by the end of the arc you will like merem and wish he did not die

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

shaft is dumb and should get a house style that isn't just emulating modern shinbo
well, the reason every shaft show looks like it was directed by shinbo, is that he's a director on all of them. i hope this explains things.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Araki posted:

Help chat thread, I can't decide which waifu I want to marry in Stardew Valley.

theyre all pretty boring imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean one of the shorts already had a segment animated by trigger

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I've been out for a week and Matoi Ryuko treated me like gum on his shoe.

I tried chatting with him about the week and he gave me this:

"One piece is cool bro when it comes to art the only thing that matters is if the artist is expressing them self or not. I appreciate human expression. I haven't seen much of re zero bit the figma and Nando look good. What's a tn. Is that a Tennessee. What's a sukasuka is that a hentai don't want 2 know which hentai u watch. Pokemon go is cool. I think maybe u should try going outside more often on the weekends hikkomori-san"

YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BE AS GOOD AS BAD SEAFOOD IF YOU MOCK THE SOCIALLY HANDICAPPED
after reading this post my advice is also that you go outside, only instead of on the weekends, it's forever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i especially love when the subs are total poo poo because they pay the subbers 5 dollars an hour so they have to sub seven shows at once to make ends meet! hell ye@h! crunchyroll!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

lol that makes me laugh considering that one cr guy that trolls twitter all day looking for people that pirate so he can guilt trip them into subbing.
that guy's a random pr guy whose job it is to troll twitter all day and he probably gets paid more than the people who tl the shows

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Julias posted:

Identify yourself atm
middle right

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

extremely minor symph speculation based on almost nothing, but!

season 4 will have 6 character cds, one for each of the main girls

this kind of implies no new gear user and no miku return, since they only list the six main girls, but they could have just not announced anything else here for fear of spoilers? Iunno, it's something. Take what you will from it. This also kind of gives us an airing date: the first gx cd came out 4 days after the first episode, and this lists Hibiki's as coming out july 5th. So, maybe july 1st? Who knows.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

I'm fine with no new symphogear users, personally.

yeah but carol's song was good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/hyohhyohhyo/status/854178833662042112

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

Who are those two?

<--- kaede in the anime as a supporting character

<--- mizuki's one appearance in the anime as a cameo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

drat. i got called out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*watching i love lucy*

and why is he even married to this lucy bint? he should be loving ethel!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

The fanmade Banchous are cool

tarou sekine knows whats up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

http://imgur.com/a/zc8gl

last chapter of now loading

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

post the big abs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it feels weird that the guy who made the manga is being punished for the anime doing poorly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

that big quote is only currently attributed to a random, unsourced 4chan post in a thread following a yaraon article. it's not from the site, because the actual article only says that keijo is ending, citing the magazine

some (reddit) have attributed the statements nebulously to the "author's blog," which is untrue, since the author hasn't posted on their blog since vol.15 went on sale. it's also strange because while the anime didn't do well in Japan, there's no reason for Xebec to have 'taken the loss' when the show had a large production committee. i can't say i've even heard of a serialization being canceled because of the anime.

yeah that's what i was thinking too. the entire point of licensed anime like this is that the studio gets paid to make it and the production committee takes any profit or loss that comes with it, so it's low-risk low-reward. it's why studios that mostly do original stuff or stuff that they have the rights to themselves, like kyoani, can pay their animators better. but i just figured maybe there was some weird deal going on there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Anime adaptations partially exist to drive manga sales, so if it was already doing just alright and didn't get the expected/desired boost I guess I could see it? But also lol 4chan-sourced author quotes
yeah that much would make sense, but him being blamed for the anime's failure instead of just being a casualty of it would be weird.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

episode 12 of go princess precure is insanely funny and i advise everyone to watch it even without having watched the previous eleven or having plans to watch the next, uh, 38

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tell me your thoughts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

"work-safe"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aikatsu stars is good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Darox posted:

Tbf she was cuter in the girls uniform.

Let tomboys wear skirts.
:thinking:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

watch symphogear

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imagine this joke but redrawn with prinz eugen from kancolle

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

*Googles* hmm...No.

dot's only ten anyway the joke's already kinda weird!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Just finished the first episode and I want to say that Symphogear is Good.
now watch the other 38. and the ovas.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

good av

https://twitter.com/jpmusicfuneral/status/855952683324321792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've elected to actually start the series, as I've been meaning to do for some time. Two eps in: it's fun! The animation doesn't quite have the charm of kirakira (though when it cranks it up for the fight in ep 1 it's pretty great), but I like the characters and setting more, I think. I love the "gokigenyou" after their stock attacks. I'll certainly report when I hit episode 12.

Pure Mermaid's VA is also Honkers's mom, and after every fight they open the "Door of Dreams" :thinking:
the animation gets more involved as it goes on i think. episode 12 is both very funny and also a real turning point for the animation.

• Locked thread