Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

if it finishes I will, probably no point otherwise

Awesome, thanks. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Okay, but who's Mirin.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

mirin is nemu's friend

snail.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

nemu is eitaso's friend... and eitaso is My Friend

I found out who Mirin and Nemu are.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

congratulations

Thank you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I can't believe they killed of all but one of the couples. I feel like that goes way beyond retranslation.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

yeah i still think the whole thing would have worked better if joshua had just refused to take cassius's last name so he was just 'joshua' in the status screens and stuff

This plus just changing the way Joshua is introduced slightly would have done the trick. If he'd just been introduced as a kid who was staying with the Brights for a little while instead of being more like an adopted son to Cassius, it would have made it better.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

THeres two turn based mech tactics games in development right now. !!

First is battletech which looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyoBwysAWVo

The other is designed as a direct spiritual succesor to Front Mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35hKJgyq_8k

Hooray!!!!!

Yeah!!!

I didn't know about Phantom Brigade, it looks cool.

e; the terrain destruction is super cool and the pilot portraits actually showing live footage of the background as seen from inside the mech is rad.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 14, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

What's this from?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The epic social network fanart.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Blank Construct posted:

what's the elephant supposed to be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastodon_(software)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

seriously though kyle katarn is the best character in star wars canon and i will bring down disney for killing him

Rebels seems to be busy resurrecting most of the Dark Forces/TIE Fighter stuff as canon so I'm expecting Kyle to show up there any day now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The fact that it hasn't happened yet is baffling. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Where's the EDF mod that lets me play as Yukine Chris.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope we get a second season one day.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I'm glad the Wotakoi TL group is Actually Good, and not the group that did a Wizard's Soul chapter recently.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

This plague -- the fiestacats are intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.

Why contain it?

'scool.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

{Thank you.}

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:yeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De0u8hsU18Y

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

I've barely even been playing (too many other games are awesome right now), but i do log in and change my glamour like once a week or something.

:yeah:

The Scion top is so good and I'm mad the skirt is so poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've never read the BBB manga and the latter half of the show didn't feel that tonally different from the first half, and also I enjoyed it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

there's still that dude in trad games that dilbert stole his cirno av from

Tradgames poster ProfessorCirno, who shockingly has a Cirno av.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Wheee ffxiv fanart mini post

Source these, they're both super good!!!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thank you!!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's been a few years but EO4 battlefield storm is still the best battle music of any jrpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCZjnuS6ESc

No, actually, because there's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmandi2nKi4.

(Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlSxN98y7Z4 but that's not from a JRPG.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Huh, a fighting game with Umihara Kawase, the Cave Story characters, and Code of Princess. An interesting mix, but it looks slow and bad, though hopefully that changes and has more to do with the people showing it off. Good luck, brave devs, trying to make a game in a niche genre with incredibly picky fans using characters from at least 2 games nobody has ever heard of.

Post a trailer.

e; I found the gameplay footage: https://youtu.be/mU7jOgZFTjM?t=72

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jun 12, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I dropped it after episode 10 because it was too episodic, what's the point at which it starts getting real good? I might pick it up again if it's only a few episodes further.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

Well the back half is all kinda one loose story arc, but remains mostly episodic until the last 5 episodes. So if all you want is the main plot resolution then watch episodes 21-25, but you'll want to read at least some quick synopses of the episodes you're skipping in order to get the gist of the plot.

Also, episode 18 is the most magical, Trigger-ey thing ever and should be watched even if you don't like most of the episodic ones.

Ah, that's a shame, from the way people were talking about it it sounded like a coherent plot arc kicked in sooner. I enjoyed the first ten episodes but in the end I just didn't have the time to keep up with everything I was watching and the episodic nature meant it didn't really grip me, so I guess I'll save the rest for another time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Happy birthday Serena.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Goblin-san is too powerful and can't be stopped.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rangpur posted:

...Man, I could really go for a Project Justice HD remaster. Get ArcSys to do the models.

Just an emulated PSN/Steam rerelease would be enough, even.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

i'm not sure if netflix's castlevania is good or bad

It's decently animated, the voice acting isn't amazing but isn't the worst ever, the writing and characters are fun, and it's really neat if you're a fan of Castlevania since it's a retelling of Dracula's Curse that takes as canon stuff that Symphony of the Night mentions as backstory.

It's good (despite the dumb 90s edginess, but it being dumb 90s edginess feels like it's kind of the point).

e; I finished the fourth episode while the forums were down and overall I'd say the show is really good so far. I hope we don't have to wait too long for more episodes.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 8, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

What's this anyway, it looks familiar.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jarogue posted:

GIGA WRECKER, a game by Game Freak on steam.

Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

hostess with the Moltres posted:

The kancolle is fascist article guy isn't all bad, he made a game about jerking off your car via the stickshift and giving guys blowjobs in a bathroom except their dicks are guns. They're funny+neat ideas, even if I'm not super interested in buying them.

No, that was Robert Yang. The guy who wrote that KanColle article is called Matthew Seiji.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Start with the Early Days OVAs.

From there, you can do one of two things: either watch the films (the first one is great, the second is a bad Patlabor film IMO but incredibly pretty, I wouldn't bother with the third one), or watch the TV anime (officially a separate continuity from everything else, but it's not like it matters because the characters are pretty much identical to their Early Days versions at the start). depending on what you have time for.

The live action stuff is a) mostly still not subbed and b) a sequel to the film continuity set 15 years later where most of the cast have retired from the police force.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
e; whoops, forums are still screwy I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dogsicle posted:

I don't think the live action is even subbed

I think we're still at only one of the seven parts being subbed. :rip:

• Locked thread