Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

wb gorf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I really like my Switch but so far nearly everything worth playing is available on another platform in some capacity. I don't regret buying it at all (especially since I never got a Wii U) but it's definitely bare at the moment.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Ty Srice. I'm sorry the movie simulwatch didn't pan out

No worries, I am over it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

No you aren't

gently caress!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Penguin Memories is not available in English as far as I can tell, and this is bullshit!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Oh poo poo it is. In my months away I've become rusty on my anime visor lore

It's time to watch all of Gatchaman, now that the compilation movie is on a top 100 list

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've been slowly savoring the pink jacket Lupin series over the course of about 3 years, but all good things must come to an end since I'll probably be finishing it this week. Really gonna miss that show.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The first ep is mostly lame but because of the format and because I really liked what I watched of the original series I'm gonna see how the next few go.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Trolls beware, Burbo is under my protection.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

thank you, there's lots of rude dudes today

it's hosed up!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Unironically​ agreed

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm gonna finish up Pink Jacket Lupin this weekend, and then the only unwatched Lupin stuff I'll have left, is Red Jacket.

This is important!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's a cryin' shame that pink jacket has a bad reputation when it's actually the second best jacket...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

also precure and pretear

But what about *unfurls scroll with a list of every magical girl anime ever*

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

those aren't current or relevant, fucker

get out of here with your old-rear end magical girl anime that is also not good enough to be classics of the genre

Never, I'll post about Sally the Witch where I please!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Droyer posted:

Good anime deserves sobriety

Lies.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Since the weather today was nice I biked, made tacos, and then had a few drinks while watching Lupin :cheerdoge:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Hell yeah. I hiked, made some chana masala, and drank while playing 90s gameboy rpgs.

Noice

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Herbotron posted:

hahaha the original Berserk opening might be the worst one I've seen to date I had no idea

what the h*ck

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I've rationed it out over the course of about 3 years or so, but tonight I'm gonna finally finish up pink jacket Lupin :cheerdoge:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

What's cool about the show is it has no series director. Lots of individual episode directors just doing their own thing.

Lupin and co's appearance can vary drastically on a per episode basis, to the point where being on model is a useless descriptor because what entails being on model is fuzzy as hell.

Definitely a v unique experience, not much that does what it did, Space Dandy is probably the closest modern equivalent but it actively planned on being different every episode, while pink jacket Lupin still for the most part goes with Lupin plots.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

I'm seeing double, 4 shinjis

!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In the pink jacket Lupin finale, I learned that the CIA works hard and plays hard at the same time

https://my.mixtape.moe/anaufm.webm

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's out later today, you just get some minor non gameplay extras if you buy it before the 25th.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hikaru is an idiot that decided to try acting out Three's Company and that's why that ep owns

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

You forgot the detail where he decided to have two dates on the same day in two different cities!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

homeless snail posted:

lets baseball

gently caress, I wish I could stay up for this!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I'm sorry, you're going to miss the tennis ojousama finally being convinced of the error of her ways

nooo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I might return to the streaming business, next week.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Erg posted:

The stream where Srice restarts watching all of Lupin

Well

That's more accurate than not!

Tho the plan right now is for a variety of episodic stuff.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I would like to see some games on the Switch I haven't​already played on something else.

It's kinda weird that the first major genuine exclusive is gonna be Splatoon 2

I'm looking forward to it but, it's odd!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Instead of watching any of the anime I need to catch up on I just rewatched Giant Robo again. Whoops

Good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I started Rainbow the other day, the highly acclaimed anime that all of 20 people have seen

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Heck, same

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

The Captain Harlock manga is a lot crazier than I expected

It's cool how the anime adds a lot of stuff and changes a bunch too, such that both versions of the story are worth experiencing.

Heck I guess that's how a lot of 70s manga adaptions worked. I'd love to see more shows do that tho I understand why it's rare.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

The anime is probably the next thing I'll watch, if bakabt ever comes back up

It's all on Crunchyroll too if that's an option

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Crunchyroll also has, all of GE999

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I haven't yet seen a Rintaro film that didn't feature doomed revolutionaries in some fashion. Parallax has seen more though so maybe he can correct me

I guess Harmagedon might count but man that movie is a mess that even Rintaro sounds embarassed about, going by what I've heard about the commentary track.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Harmagedon is not a good movie and the only reason I could sit through it is that the movie I watched before it was Odin, so literally any other movie is watchable by comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Odin is probably the worst movie I have ever sat through, anime or no.

• Locked thread