Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean both TP and SS were more interesting to me than what i played of Darksiders and later saw it do. they're more aesthetically appealing and the mechanical highs are better than having a solid baseline that's just built wholesale on other games anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

despite liking ss more i haven't finished it, and i have finished tp...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Parallax posted:

happy star wars day

i wish...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i never really interacted with the fandom so, i dunno. they seemed to stay to their niches and have either died out or stayed even more in niches so it doesn't seem worth mentioning anymore.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

I was on tumblr when my entire dash became skeletons :negative:

That said it is back to normal levels now and completely fine. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

i would assume you have a tag blocker, but if not...get a tag blocker, lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my entire dash became sjws

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This looks good. What is it? Is it that hosed up series with the tall lady?

reiroukan kenzai nariya

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

He's no Makoto from Free!!.

you're right, astolfo is better

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

stair will only die in polsybot's weird fantasies. I'm not quite sure why a bot who loves him consistently talks about him dying, but hey

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stexils posted:

i thought it was going to be monkeys paw shenanigans but so far the only wishes have been a woman who constantly lies getting hit by a truck and cutting a computer in half to help a woman with net addiction. can i get some ironic life destruction in here please

so you want laughing salesman

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

So Gigguk says that Boruto is actually good, and I trust his opinion. Where do I start? The movie "Naruto Becomes Hokage" and then on to the new series? Or are there some random Naruto episodes that set things up as well?

just watch the series

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't watch digibro

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just from seeing wildly varying takes on scum's wish, i'd say it's best to just jump in. it seems really polarizing, i just didn't care to watch it past previewing episode 1 because romance/drama isn't a thing i normally shoot for.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Last month's amiami card was drawn by bkub. Almost makes me wish i had bought something that month

it's the only time i'm ever going to keep one of their cards

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my first guess would probably be region 2 licensors passed on it because the interest didn't match with what was being asked for it. bad reception of basically every tokyo ghoul anime adaptation may have contributed.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm not even sure who the mary sue in it would be, the dude who is basically gan and steals the protagonist slot?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

rec me shows where the characters are driven by spite so i can finally feel empathy for an anime

sabagebu

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at least if total disregard for others is close enough to spite, i guess

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

apathy isnt spite

in this case, the character's disregard for others is usually malicious enough that apathetic doesn't really describe her imo. but she's not motivated by loving people over, it's just a thing she does consistently en route to whatever she wants.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

basically it's super high level selfishness, and is just the closest example to a spiteful character i had off the top​ of my head. plus sabagebu is a good show worth recommending

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Shigurui should have you covered.

irako is such a little bitch

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rod the tv is not good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rod the tv is maybe half of a good show, and unfortunately the poo poo half is mostly backloaded. it also has unfortunate tv budget animation coming on the heels of a spy action ova that looked seriously great.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

homeless snail posted:

one day left to cast your vote for the officially determined greatest anime of all time, btw http://wheel.snail.moe/

but i don't see bps anywhere

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

Back half has Yomiko, so it's good. Also I could listen to Helena Taylor all day.

it has yomiko doing nothing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you gotta be able to take some light making GBS threads, whether deserved or not

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

My list has 1900+ titles on it and I've rated and tagged them (mostly) which is why when people ask for BL recs I can pull a bunch out of my rear end. Also I can't remember titles for poo poo and recall mostly on cover art and just lol at trying to search for something when all you can remember is what the cover looks like so I'd be really sad to lose it.

you should try exporting that tbh

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

iirc mangago hosts bigger series that could result in being pursued as part of a takedown, or it could just pull a nyaa

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Badass, my internet is down until Sunday at the earliest

i had this when my season stream imploded. it is really nice after the first day

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

homeless snail posted:

to: the anime ff14 boyz
subject: who wants to get to potd floor 200 before stormblood comes out??

who wants to get to potd floor 200 before stormblood comes out??

is this doable while still maxing crafters and gatherers

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe i will suffer the yoke of WM, to get 200 and a padjali

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i did potd once

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm not home until Monday night, so forget about me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Missing Name posted:

how is lovely magic bastard teacher so far? Totally predictable or super awesome journey through special land

the first three episodes were predictable and mediocre

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hate it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

oh i didnt know umaru-chan got a second season

well it didn't help that they called it Gabriel Dropout

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Satanichia rules, Umaru drools. Fight me.

between the two shows there are probably enough good characters and gags for one show, so feel free to exclude umaru for the sake of satania

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

devilman pissbaby

i can't wait for devilman ratbag in 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Wait, FE:Fates was a kusoge? Have yet to buy it but wasn't it very similar to Awakening gameplay wise? :confused:

it actually improved on some of awakening's faults, but it's a lot of game to play through (3 separate games). birthright's enemy-centric design ends up boring and vconquest has good maps and objectives but an abysmal story. it repeated the same child and support mechanics from awakening, but it ended up feeling kinda hollow because there were so many options. characters didn't feel like they had unique bonds with a purpose, they were just made to have bonds with everyone and thus supports vary in quality. and finally the localization had some tiny weird spots like dumb name changes or supports.

I'm sure endorph will be by to offer a more in depth and informed breakdown, maybe even a more positive one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tfw the vending machines at your work only have mrs. freshley's cupcakes

• Locked thread