Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

Undertail
C'mon Julias. Nobody deserves to interact with a faction of the Homestuck fandom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For some reason (beyond the fact that I'm stupid), I re-watched Haganai across this week. Now, I don't know if it was actually explained or I missed it, but is the whole reason why Yozora is such a massive bitch explained beyond the "Kodaka went away and I was too chicken to 'fess up I was a girl / I fancy him when we were kids" thing? Also, while I find the character annoying, Marina Inoue's voice is super hot. :blush:

Everything Burrito posted:

what about one of those sakura whatever games since everyone was talkinga about how bad they were in the other thread
You better not be talking poo poo about Sakura Wars, Burrito para Todo! Lobelia Carlini is my waifu and I will NOT have you poo poo-talk my waifu's game! :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Everything Burrito posted:

I have no idea what I'm talking about tbh
Yeah, you keep walkin'.

Mouthy kid.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Paracelsus posted:

She's just jealous that Rika has put the Best Girl position forever out of her reach.
Rika was and will continue to be the one good thing about that show.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Terper posted:

I have beaten Persona 5, and I wanna gush about Rivers in the Desert

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DKukSVxgsQkg

Best Persona battle theme.
That is certainly very rad!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ranzear posted:

So today I figured out that the guy who did the music for Kabaneri also did Aldnoah.Zero...

and Attack on Titan

and Kill La Kill

and Thunderbolt Fantasy

and a bunch of other poo poo I have to watch now.

Guy is like... the Hans Zimmer of anime.
He's like a less neurotic Taku Iwasaki.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can you recommend chill songs for an anime dad who needs to be cooler than being cool (and is kinda bad at it)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QzIJn61NKg

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone else recall a YouTuber / NicoNico channel where a guy got dressed as Jason Voorhees and cut stuff up using a chainsaw to do wood-working of anime characters? Or am I hallucinating the whole thing?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This world and the people in it, they're something else, I tell you. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
ˇBurrito, te estás pasando de la raya! :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I AM A WOLF

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yay! I got the job! Now I can stop being a couch potato + watching lovely anime.

WHY THE gently caress DID KYOSUKE NOT GO BACK WITH KURONEKO? THAT CHUUNI BRAT WAS THE BEST loving THING IN THE WHOLE SHOW. gently caress KIRINO. gently caress KIRINO IN HER STUPID GODDAMN FACE, JUST LIKE HOW THE DUMB FOUR-EYES PUNCHED HER. LIKE THAT. EXACTLY LIKE THAT. Goddammit, I should've known!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cake Attack posted:

who could have seen this coming, in the anime entitled my little sister can't be this cute
I'm dumb, okay? I knew I should've left it alone. But I wanted to watch a dumb show and forsooth, I got one. First season was overall inoffensive so I thought that stuff on the second season would be overall more of the same. Hell, they even got me with the episode that focuses on Saori's backstory. But no, they had to go for the dumb little sister route. Couldn't just have been brotherly love.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Next time I'll just re-watch K-On! or something akin to that.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
No, orv and I aren't the same person. I, for one, prefer Gunbuster to Diebuster. Also, I have it on the highest authority that Orv drools, while I, dumb tastes aside, clearly rule.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

*watching i love lucy*

and why is he even married to this lucy bint? he should be loving ethel!
Lucy is the bomb. Shut your vulgar yet posh mouth.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Banchous from here to eternity.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Now I understand Reinhard a bit better. :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

I kinda fell off Hero Academia when it turned into more training arcs and took a darker turn. It was also running into the shounen curse of the side characters being more interesting than the main one. Maybe that has changed since I stopped on it, though.
It's an OK show. The thing to understand is that it's basically trying to follow on the WSJ mold while trying for some variety on the spices. But make no bones, it's as standard a Jump Manga/Anime as it gets.

Now, the more important question is when are we getting more HxH?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

This thread will never have good love lives heyoooo.
You were planning that pun, weren't cha? You low-down, no-shame smart-aleck. :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dryzen posted:

i eat rear end
EAOGTFO :rock:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Endless Eight was great, but I totally understands its detractors. For some people it's not unlike listening to AC/DC for over an hour. Sure, you're gonna get :rock:. But at the end of the day, you're listening to variations of the same song/topic.

It's also the reason I tend to watch Gintama in batches of 2 or 3 episodes.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 9, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

am i a phony?????????
A big, fat phony! :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Scum's Wish any good? I've read/watched like 4 reviews, but one of them was Digibro's and the other one was from a sycophant to that gently caress-nugget, so I'd rather just ask you guys.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

don't watch digibro
I know that this is the common sense answer (like the equivalent of "DON'T DATE KEN" :mad: in Persona 3 Portable), but having no day job can be a BITCH for what you should do. Fortunately, I started a new day job 3 weeks ago so I can rationalize my time much better. Still haven't heard your opinions on Scum's Wish.

Oyasumi PunPun is a hard comic to pin down. Inio Asano also reminds me a lot of the lady that did Not Simple and House of Five Leaves.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love the fact that most of the main LL girls (for both Muse and Aqua) are/were either lesser-known or up-and-coming voice actresses, but for the moms they got people like Noriko Hidaka, Kotono Mitsuishi (who does NicoMom) and Kikuko Inoue.

dogsicle posted:

just from seeing wildly varying takes on scum's wish, i'd say it's best to just jump in. it seems really polarizing, i just didn't care to watch it past previewing episode 1 because romance/drama isn't a thing i normally shoot for.
Alright, that's what I'll do, then. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

Natsume Ono owns, and while Not Simple isn't her standard affair, it gets you attuned to her unique art style fairly well.

I love both artists, but besides being somewhat melancholy, I wouldn't say their works share too many similarities.

Also to answer your question: Scum's wish is good if you like seeing a more realistic, messy portrayal of High School Relationships. I haven't sat down to watch it yet, but a few other people in ADTRW and outside of it were saying it was among their top shows last season, so I'd say go for it if you can deal with heartbreak.
That's her name! Thanks, I kept forgetting. :)

The ACCA show from last season is also based on one of her manga, isn't it? I liked that.

WRT Scum's Wish, I'll say this: Late 2016 and early 2017 were an absolute poo poo shower for yours truly and, while I hope I don't have to go through something similar anytime soon, I think that going through what I did has helped me deal with heartbreak a lot better.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

Two more good moms.

Yui's Mom appears for all of 20 or so seconds, has no bearing whatsoever on the plot (unlike Yukino's family) and yet the things she says and how she says them tell me more about how much Yui likes both Hikki and Yukinon than almost anything else. Also, parents embarrassing their children will never not be funny.

Rinko is the best mom.

Mirano Yasuko rules and that scene where she briefly wakes up, gives her son and Taiga the ol' stink-eye + some moolah and sends them on their way to have breakfast so that she can have some goddamn shuteye was the best.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Things I learned today that will not be of any use to me in the near or far future:
  • Kikuko Inoue has a daughter who's already working as a voice actress.

littleorv posted:

Scum's piss
I am so disappointed in you, young man! :colbert:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cake Attack posted:

I'm a karamatsu boy
Well, duh: Karamatsu is the only one who's not utter trash.

Akumatsu is still the best, though, because he's a good aniki underneath all the shittiness :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hasn't Seitokai Yakunidomo taught you anything? FOR SHAME. :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad to be alive today, goons. Kisses and hugs to most of you. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

what do you think of this compelling evidence that you're rob zombie irl

I am, unfortunately, nowhere near as in good shape nor as well-spoken / eloquent in English as Mister Cummings. :(

Baby Metal rule hard, though!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I always forget just how much I love watching Hibiki punch things until I see new material of her punching things. :allears:
I too never grow tired of Hot-Blooded Heroines punching poo poo and screaming her lungs out. :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This seems Imaishi as gently caress. Did he or somebody from Old-School Gainax / Current Trigger do this?

Missing Name posted:

how is lovely magic bastard teacher so far? Totally predictable or super awesome journey through special land
It's basically in the same ballpark as Irregular at Magic High School, Asterisk War, Chivalry of a Failed Knight and all the "magic battle high school / we desperately want the Harry Potter demographic, but we can't even get Kensho Ono to voice one of the main characters" genre of light novels > anime adaptations that got really popular like 2 years ago. It's nowhere near as dull and lifeless as Irregular / generic and run-of-the-mill as Asterisk, though. I guess it's somewhat serviceable, like Chivalry. Oh, and it has Hiroki Takahashi basically voicing a Magic Fantasy version of Ryu, same voice style and even a similar personality doing his cool voice.

First three episodes (which pretty much adapt the first Volume of the novels, according to what I read on some other website) were incredibly run-of-the-mill except for a few instances. The first episode, as a whole, you could skip it and not miss a thing. It does get better later on, but again, it's a pretty skip-able show unless you like trashy shows.

Speaking of trashy shows, Scum's Wish was incredibly meh. I guess it was pretty to look at and it portrayed some aspects of the sex scenes as how a few of my bi/lesbian friends have described them (mostly the awkwardness). But more often than not, it was a boring waste of time. Guess I should've stopped watching instead of finishing it. Re:Creators is tons of fun, though! (They're both streaming on Amazon).

e: Holy poo poo, spelling. :eng99:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 28, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Rest in piss crabcats.

What a snipe.

Anime dog tax?

The dog tax is the only good thing to come from DnD.

Oh dear god, Dog Tax. That made the Trump thread bearable, even if it started as the "Fat Dog Tax" (dogs look cute fat anyway).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nichijowns. Nierowns.

Nichierowns?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The kind of stuff I love to use for a walk outside! Totally my jam! :dance:

The fact that I'm working on Sunday blows chunks, though. :negative:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

Working on Sunday buddies. I also worked all drat day yesterday. Maybe I'll luck out and not have to work tomorrow, a federal and company holiday.
I'm hopeful that, because tomorrow is Memorial Day, most people take their days off and I can finish my project instead of helping someone from Dublin, OH to reset their password. Seriously, why does every freakin' job nowadays in my industry (Software Development / IT / Maintenance) require some "Service Desk / Tech Support" time? I studied IT / Software Dev to help people do their job better, not to awkwardly stammer "Ah! Uh? Yes! What's your User ID? Let me help you!". :argh:

• Locked thread