Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Which series of Nyaruko san should I start off with? The 4 minute shorts? The 24 minute first series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is anyone giving Laughing Salesman a shot? I'm gonna take a look myself.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bernie Sanders was at an Anime Convention in Boston. :bernin:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I miss the 'Im gay for Pinochet' signature.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Atlus has decided to go after LPs of Persona 5 past a certain point of the game, effectively killing LPs of Persona 5.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm actually feeling really loving depressed after the ending of Kobayashi-San.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kobayashi's still going to predecease Tohru and Kanna and that makes me very sad.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mister Facetious posted:

Memories live forever.
I wish I could remember half of the fun things I've done, especially the ones that don't stand out.
And wouldn't you forever feel like some precious part of you is missing afterwards? Like your youth?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Does anyone have any gifs on airstrikes depicted in anime?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Calm down.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can we talk about Re:Creators now? That first episode's surely a keeper. :getin:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've been out for a week and Matoi Ryuko treated me like gum on his shoe.

I tried chatting with him about the week and he gave me this:

"One piece is cool bro when it comes to art the only thing that matters is if the artist is expressing them self or not. I appreciate human expression. I haven't seen much of re zero bit the figma and Nando look good. What's a tn. Is that a Tennessee. What's a sukasuka is that a hentai don't want 2 know which hentai u watch. Pokemon go is cool. I think maybe u should try going outside more often on the weekends hikkomori-san"

YOU'RE NEVER GONNA BE AS GOOD AS BAD SEAFOOD IF YOU MOCK THE SOCIALLY HANDICAPPED

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 15, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Just kidding I know he's messing with me but still that's a bit cruel.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

And these were the questions.

1. I'm thinking of dropping One Piece altogether, after 9 years. The series either feels like it hasn't surpassed it's previous climax with Marineford in 2010 (Oh dear god I feel old), or that I'm getting tired of it's juvenile shounen tropes, it's lovely artwork, it's constant weeks of poo poo not happening or what have you. It feels juvenile compared to My Hero Academia, which I suppose may well be the last shounen series I will read, what with Shounen Jump slowly becoming a dumpster fire. What do you think?

2. I took a look at That Overtly Long LN Titled Series (SukaSuka) today. The first episode seems great, the rendition of Scarborough Fair was great, and the characters seem at a first glance to be great. And yet......
I have some bad news for you. I got spoiled on the plot within an hour and I know where this is headed. This saccharine stuff is not going to last. Re Zero might look tame by comparison by season's end. Be warned ye fellows.

3. I just realized for the third time this year how amazing the new Pokemon anime is. Do we have an Anime Thread for Pokemon yet?

4. Both Re: Creators and Bahamut Virgin Soul are equally and (2 COUR) and are going to make weekends fun again. How many episodes are going to pass before half the cast of Re Creators have identity crises upon the revelation of being written to the whims of baka ningens, especially if they've been in doujins? Does Nina remember turning into a spaghetti dragon every time she gets spunky and can she/will she ever be able to control it? (Answer is Yes) And where the gently caress is FAVAROO?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So this happened:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endless Eight.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

yeah haruhi s3 could never be as good as endless eight
Which is saying quite a lot.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

homeless snail posted:

not surprised grouchio doesn't appreciate the endless eight
You shouldn't be surprised that Grouchio has a burning hatred for the Haruhi franchise.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Unless it's a horde of bunnies voraciously eating me from the inside out in a fixed time loop, your backtalking isn't gonna phase me, sonny.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Konosuba Anime is dead...the author is done working with Kadokawa and is not planning to work on a season 3 for the foreseeable future. :negative:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Something very interesting happened in Tokyo Ghoul Re this week.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If I said it was amazing instead of interesting you would have shat on me harder. Is that what this shat thread's about?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

http://imgur.com/a/Hsbv9

WAT.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Reads latest Tomo Chan*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Meanwhile, Tomo Chan continues.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So the new MC of FLCL 2-3's defining character trait is that she wears cat headphones.

Huh.

You'd think Haruko would've aged since 2000. And Naota's a teacher now?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

KONOSUBA SEASON THREE MOTHERFUCKERS!!! :catdrugs:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Re Zero is finally getting an OVA, possibly harkening the future announcement of a season 2.

Unfortunately it's only about mayo. :negative:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

VostokProgram posted:

give us a felix ova
I wish. I wish it was the OVA right after the last episode that I thought was going to be what was up.

But nooo.....

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If HxH were IT

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Overlord Season 2 announced for January 2018! By MADHOUSE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpbZW07z-Zk

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I sometimes wonder if 2D traditional animation is dying out in favor of 3D CGI in both western animation and in anime, simply because it's cheaper and 'trendier' in the eyes of producers as I'd see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nah.

Also there's nothing inherently wrong with 3DCG as long as its well done. A studio that leans heavily on poorly done CG probably wasn't previously doing a whole lot of great 2D work either.
Why does Berserk 2016 exist?

• Locked thread