Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

El Burbo posted:

The April fools Kaguya is NOT funny

It will be hilarious once I am 100% sure (as opposed to my current 99%) that it is in fact a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Is there much to play on the Switch other than Zelda and, what, Shovel Knight at the moment?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Okay maybe I'll get it later. Haven't picked up a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

(Still never finished windwaker :()

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

my mom keeps trolling me talking about playing her Switch and having fun with the Zelda game :mad:

she wants you to visit

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Motto posted:

Gabdrop's tl was very good

Eh... there were at least a couple of glaringly bad choices. But I can't imagine it's easy to translate comedy.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It isn't. It's maybe the shittest part of working on scripts.

Just sitting around staring at a screen thinking "how the gently caress would this ever work in english".

I got the feeling that past a certain point, the Nichijou translators (bless them) just gave up and said, "okay, well, here, just have an untranslatable pun, nothing we can do about it."

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
A new fansub came out for the Kiniro Mosaic OVA the day before I go to watch it. Happy day!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

the cspam trump thread is practically a second anime chat

We have been working hard as anime ambassadors. Also, Trump thread mascot Baloogan is apparently a LoGH fan.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Obligatory

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Finished watching Love Lab. A very good show--and one that was so well-paced the "to be continued" usually got caught me off-guard and always had me wanted to fire up another ep. I liked pretty much everything about it but the OP and ED.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I spent the evening helping my DM constuct a giant rear end dungeon for me and my fellow players to murder our way through tomorrow, after he tweaks it to add some surprises

That is badass. What is it made using? I assume some kind of modular system?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yes, yes it does. It is probably a good thing this wasn't around when I played, or else I would've been eating ramen and canned beans all day to buy these.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
maki is the best

(although BLACKFACE OUT OF NOWHERE was a bit of a shock)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Well, "acrimony" is putting it too strongly, but it definitely ended the night.

One thing I'd learned only the hard way: the GM should put as much time into finding the right players as he does setting up a good campaign for them.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It was his wife. We've been playing for years, she's normally not like this, idk wtf.

tell him to :sever:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
if you destroy a bridge in a fantasy world you destroy a marriage in real life

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
god drat it's a crime that love lab didn't get a second season (if there was enough manga for it)

also someone should've done this to me sometime between the 4th and 7th stout of the evening:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
time to read shitloads of manga then!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

littleorv posted:

What do I say

lady reel

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hyouka is Very Good, and I very much would like to pay to watch it

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
sasuga nintendo

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/04/nintendo-hates-money-discontinues-the-nes-classic/

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

Kyoto Animation. :grin:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

guys, kaguya is back. it was a joke after all. we're saved.

Kaguya is the best!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

so far i've got on there:

Flip Flappers, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Lupin Pt 4, Mr. Osumatsu-San, Mushishi, Oh Edo Rocket, Blood-C, El Cazador, Ergo Proxy, Fractale, Gun X Sword, Princess Nine, Martian Successor Nadesico, Count of Monte Cristo, Maria the Virgin Witch, Last Exile, Heat Guy J, Rideback, School Rumble, She and Her Cat OVA, Tamako Market, The Rolling Girls, xHolic, Yatterman Nights, Fuse Memoirs of the Hunter Girl, Steamboy, Murder Princess, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju

there's 10 GB left on there so I'm gonna see if I can get these on there: Ristorante Paradiso, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, ACCA, Girlish Number, Yuri on Ice, Poco's Udon World

Hmm, let's see, I count 27 shows and an OVA there. Let's say an average of 13 eps each across 50 GB, which would put each of your half hour episodes coming in at... around 142 megabytes each.

Actually I guess that's not as bad as I would've thought. Shouldn't you be able to put 480p versions in there that actually look pretty decent?

(Though I agree something like Flip Flap should be watched on a larger screen with better resolution because it looks really good)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

i also decided to put dagashi kashi on my tablet for the trip, it looked cute

Bad news, it sucked. Maybe Saya should've been the main character

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

I remember when the Motorola Razor came out and the kids who had them were soooo coooool

For what it was the RAZR was pretty good. And then three years later the iPhone happened and that was it for flippies.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Very sorry.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm sure the mod is going to fix my av any second now

What do you mean? The link is not at all creepy or weird:

http://imgur.com/a/XElNO

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
It's a really well made, beautiful show--in my mind still the best of 2015.

If you ever do a re-watch please watch it on a bigger screen. It deserves it!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
obligatory:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kaguya is also the best!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

shirobako is really good

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hello chat thread. Went to a "cheapskate otaku" matinee of Your Name at 10 AM today. Does ADTRW have a thread for it? Curious to see what y'all thought but I didn't see one.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

a kitten posted:

No specific thread for whatever reason, but holy crap did i ever love it.

Almost seems like Shinkai was just warming up to this one because it's a big step up from his earlier work and i say that as a total fanboy of his.

Oh, okay, thanks!

I quite enjoyed it... tempted to see it again, maybe dubbed to find out how the poor translator dealt with the watashi/boku/ore scene.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

"As a girl... a gal... I mean... a guy?"

Ha, well, guess that works.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Yep.
Yeah.
There is such a thing as too much booze.

And the older you get, the lower it goes!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

VostokProgram posted:

your av is good but needs a minor adjustment to the hat text

your av is still a classic!

there is also an og asakura avatar floating around that i see from time to time too

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Xarbala posted:

Well, poo poo

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

tfw you made plans to get drinks with friends after work tomorrow like an idiot normie

Wait, isn't that a nice thing? A happy face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Motto posted:

Trails 3rd is tomorrow, is the joke

It is me, I am the normie. I don't even know what that is.

(Although autocorrect switches "normie" to "Mormon" which is p. cool)

• Locked thread