Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm guessing the author is a fan of Hot Shots 2, huh?

EDIT: Couldn't find a better video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUxzfMewASw&t=2657s

EDIT2: There's no way I'm reading this thread since it seems the majority has already read the manga. and I'd prefer to be spoiler- and "speculation"-free.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Anime only here. I loved the reveal. It was Annie 2.0 with some added crazy.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Mikasa is being too hard on herself for not finishing the job. The manga page is brutal!

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/42/28

I also started rereading the manga and this is probably my favorite panel.

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/13/2

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Is it just me or was the animation slightly different than usual this episode? I enjoyed Mikasa having more lines than "Eren" or "EREN". That was fun and I hope we'll get more of that.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Pretty good episode with some nice reveals! Those off-model faces at the end of the episode though, yeeesh

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Best part of the episode was Armin forgetting all about his training and waving his sword around like an idiot. Also I really thought Mikasa was gonna buy the farm while saving Eren one last time. Which, although annoying, felt like something that would happen at this point of the story. I'm slightly annoyed everything worked out because of magic shonen powers. I have to give the VA credit for that yell, though. That was top tier!

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 18, 2017

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Conspiratiorist posted:

Besides the protagonist losing his remaining paternal figure, half of the survey corps dying, and only having a horrifying realization as the one thing to show for their troubles, yeah I guess everything worked out neatly.

Not too shabby considering how it usually goes in this show! And Mikasa got a pretty nice confession scene out of it as well, even if Eren didn't bite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Eren's big asspull works out okay because there has to be SOME reason that Reiner and Bert are trying to capture him. His Titan form is pretty handy, but it doesn't really seem to have any significant advantage over theirs or Annie's.

It would have been more in line with the rest of the show to have Eren just hit the Titan with nothing happening, and Mikasa & Co having to pull him out of the fire. But I guess that might've been too cruel at this point, especielly since it's the last episode of the season. I'd be OK with the entire show just being an excuse to dump on Eren and shonen tropes, though.

• Locked thread