Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I like that they didn't gently caress around for too long to get poo poo started again, and things immediately went all to hell in that trademark Attack on Titan fashion

only 13 episodes, yes, but they look like they're gonna be PACKED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I remember thinking this when I was reading the manga, but I really love how poo poo keeps happening in this part of the story. I was kind of afraid that the anime would slow things down with constant flashbacks and hogwash like that but, NOPE, just non-stop poo poo-happening

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Conspiratiorist posted:

Shirobako is a must watch for anyone who wants to understand the animation industry in an entertaining way.

An entertaining and not depressing way

For those wanting a more realistic/horrible depiction, there's that episode of Haka-Dolls

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Annointed posted:

This entire series is all about saying that shonen power will not save you from very obvious losses and deaths.

Eren only has the "guts" part out of the "friendship, hard work, guts" trinity

I mean he has friendship but he's not exactly an ace at coordinating with others

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Bert knows what he's doing and precisely because of that he is filled with a crippling guilt and anxiety of having to choose between doing something he doesn't want to do and potentially getting killed or not doing it with an even higher likelihood of being killed

Reiner's just a big old disassociative personality disordered knucklehead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Renoistic posted:

I'm slightly annoyed everything worked out because of magic shonen powers.
Eren's big asspull works out okay because there has to be SOME reason that Reiner and Bert are trying to capture him. His Titan form is pretty handy, but it doesn't really seem to have any significant advantage over theirs or Annie's.

• Locked thread