Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I went into this episode expecting the CG to be atrocious because I read the thread first.

That was like barely 25 frames before it switched back to handdrawn, you people are babies. Berserk was way worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
We wanted to know this for years now. How do you anime watchers feel knowing that the face of the franchise is loving Bertholt, a guy most of you forgot existed before the new season started and probably never realized did anything in the first season?

Because it gave the rest of us a bit of a headscratcher.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, actually while you bring that up, I'd really freakin' appreciate it if people didn't bring in off-board speculation in here, because of the nature of the Internet, you're likely being trolled by people who know what is going on and are actually about to spoil it for everyone else.

Bertholdt almost biting his hand is almost certainly someone trolling the reddit thread, sorry to tell you guys. Just stick to what you find in the thread inside of the thread.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Catalina posted:

The problem of group internet discussion is, it might be, it might not be. I've read thorough the manga thread to see reactions to scenes like this, and people were noticing and speculating on Bertoldt desperately biting his hand before Chapter 42 - Warrior even came out.

Which is why I'd like to keep the discussion local forums only, because we aren't going to be trolling you here. If you read something off-board, leave it to someone else to speculate.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My dumb folder is still called "Attack on the Titan", the wrongest name.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

A paycheck would be nice for them. Cause they get payed per page I believe. And do to how things work they earn stupidly little amounts of money
Edit this shows my point pretty well.

That graph just tells me we need communism now.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Aumanor posted:

It was also the first episode this season to have actual filler in it.

No it isn't.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Man you guys are so mean to Jean.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Connie is an rear end in a top hat, that's why.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Reiner has? The guy with multiple personality disorder has got it together?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
So yes, Eren is intentionally written as a dope and his every failure is part of the pleasure for the viewer.

Hope none of you like Eren.

Mikasa will kill you if you do.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Coordinate means to bring the different elements of (a complex activity or organization) into a harmonious or efficient relationship.

Also Erwin was just giddy that he had been killing people all this time and that they could be understood, instead of being aliens or something.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I urge everyone to rewatch season 1 to get totally mindfucked over all of the hints that there were that you missed the first time over.

Because there's a ton of them. You didn't even notice them the first time.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It was actually a really good movie.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

It's okay to have an opinion man, just let it out.

Catalina posted:

:dogbutton: I've never seen that scene knowing about Reiner, Beartoto, Annie, and Marcel. Good catch. Man, Reiner nearly hosed all three of them over by playfully joking around like this on his big brother persona on quite a few occasions, huh?

Also, my friend group has finally found time to meet up and have everyone catch up on Attack on Titan to the same point, working around those pesky things like lives, jobs, and relationships! We're going to start at the Female Titan arc for the guy who's furthest behind. Wish me luck on keeping a straight face on scenes like this, everyone.

I must reiterate that it's a really good idea to rewatch the first season knowing what you know now and seeing how many little nods and hints you missed.

There's a ton, like Reiner has smoke coming off of him after he saves Armin and poo poo like that.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Conspiratiorist posted:

The steam was Annie's blood though.

That is the conclusion that they wanted you to make.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Also for "things that you missed in first viewing" the ranking of the cadets;

Besides Mikasa, the top spots are all Titan shifters. Ymir is down the ranks to protect Historia.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

I'll leave it up to your imagination if this is an edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Annointed posted:

The show becomes a real life mockumentary of people living under the threat of titans.

Actually it's a buddy-cop comedy starring Levi as Jackie Chan and Hannes as Chris Tucker.

• Locked thread