Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

My theory at the moment is that: Ymir is from beyond the walls. One of the OVA's has a Titan talking about a "Ymir" and judging by how the Beast Titan didn't know about 3d maneuver gear and that he's retreating over the wall he could only come from outside of it I think. I'm betting that Ymir is the same. There may be a whole society of Titan shifters out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So I guess that this confirms some stuff and strongly indicates other things. I think this is a list of things that we can chalk up at this point:

1. There's a faction or several factions of titan-shifters that come from beyond the wall. Reiner indicates that he wouldn't have attacked if he knew humans weren't lovely. So clearly he came from outside and had no contact with humanity before that. They want to destroy humanity for some unknown reason.

2. There are probably different "villages" of titan-shifters. Reiner and Bert didn't know about Ymir, Monkey Trouble doesn't know about 3d gear and who knows what Ymir knows.

3. Ymir ate Reiner and Berts friend. This is probably the reason she's a pariah. She may have lost control when in Titan form and stumbled across them without knowing about them and then got banished for it, being exiled to the human world.

4. Ymir and Reiner both know about the ability to turn humans into Titans. They both tried stopping Connie from figuring that out.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Mikasa won that fight and nobody can tell me otherwise.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

That ending freaks me out more than anything in the actual show.

That titan with its cheeks bulging...... just..... eeeugh!

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Not sure who's supposed to be the Soul, Body or Mind out of Reiner, Bert and Annie.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 10, 2017

• Locked thread