Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This is my favorite arc in the manga, hope you anime-watchers enjoy it. I'm the weirdo who liked the second Attack on Titan opening more than the first, and I like the third opening more than the second, so they've got a good thing going here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, it's true that it starts off very similar, almost a combination of the visuals and audio of the first two openings, but around 50 seconds in I feel it becomes its own thing. Sasageyo~ is super catchy, the baby's hand grasping the adult's thumb is a great shot, but it's the action scene that really stands out to me. The instruments and the acrobatics makes it seem more like a circus act, more playful and fun than anything we've seen and really brings a new kind of energy the previous openings' action scenes haven't focused on. Replay 1:04 a few times and it's actually kinda comical the way Mikasa is matched to the music (not to mention the blink and you'll miss it shot of Sasha freaking out). And once we get back to ye olde AoT chanting we have some great imagery to close it off. I legitimately love those stupid advancing giants shots.

Terper fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 2, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't think the first 50 seconds are bad or anything, just "standard Attack on Titan OP" which is anything but bad (and a pretty deliberate way to reconnect to the audience after 4 years), and after it's done that build up what's left is strong enough to stand on its own. There are parts of the first two OPs that I feel are weak ("weak") enough that the highs of this OP makes it stand out more to me.

And the link works for me, so :shrug:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This season in particular will cover what I think is many readers' favorite arc. There's way more action and less talky parts, and the talky parts are generally more interesting.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Season 2, Episode 1

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can tell you with almost 100% certainty that the season is going to end at chapter 50. Possibly 51. (there are currently 93 chapters)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Raxivace posted:

About how long is the manga projected to last?
It had a poignant, somber finale*, and then it kept going.

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on.

*There's still a bunch of mysteries and questions and stuff so it couldn't actually have ended.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

AHahahahahaha

Absolutely not.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2sqHPWHEjo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Christa/Historia is my favorite character in Attack on Titan.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Any and all questions about Attack on Titan you may have will be answered in full next week, in the last episode :frogbon:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B13yISVHWI

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Read the manga but skip all the pages with big epic scenes that would be great animated.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://youtu.be/JSxs-vj_VYg

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh Marco. You were the best of us.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Next arc is a lot more talking and a lot less Titan. Make of that what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Use Crunchyroll's translation if you wanna read the manga. Recommended to use the mobile/pad reader 'cause their browser one sucks.

e: oh, didn't know that. Well ganbatte.

• Locked thread