Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Izzhov posted:

EDIT: Reiner, not Jean. I don't think Jean was even in this ep, which was a bit odd

That's because he was part of the operation to capture Annie, which was happening at the same time as this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Will we find out about the basement this season?

Spoilering just in case Nope. Assuming the pacing of the anime will remain consistent with how it was in the first season, the basement won't come up next season either even if it is a full 25 episodes

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Who were those characters that were waiting in the house? Don't remember them

Bertholdt, Reiner, Sasha, and Connie? They were all minor characters back in season 1.

E-flat posted:

Didn't we already learn that? Or did the anime not include that scene with the compulsive diary-writer and the Titan who was like "sorry Ymir's people?" I know the anime re-arranged some things

That was an OVA released later on a bit after the anime ended, the actual anime skipped that entirely. If anyone hasn't seen it, they should look up the Ilse's Notebook OVA.

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 4, 2017

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I might be making this up, but I wanna say that Isayama said somewhere that he was actually originally planning to kill off Sasha during this chapter in the manga, but decided against it because he liked the character too much

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

There are other scout titans?!

At the end of season 1 (in a scene that actually wasn't even in the manga afaik) Erwin had a big speech about how the only thing that they gained from capturing Annie is the knowledge that there are other people like her somewhere in the walls.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Surprisingly Dope posted:

Man the hiatus really destroyed a large part of the audience for this show, huh? The 1st season thread would get poo poo tons of posts. I'm sure some of the reduction is due to the forums dying, but still.

That, and also I assume most people who really wanted to know what happens next just went on to read the manga. At least that's what I did.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SpartanIV posted:

Why'd they squander the hype after season 1 and delay season 2 for so long? Was the manga not very far along or what?

Nah, at the time the manga was past where this season will probably end.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah, I watched season 1 in full for the first time since getting caught up to the manga recently, and I think I liked it even more when put into the context of future events. Same thing with season 2 so far.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Sjs00 posted:

When exactly did Levi get 'injured'? Was it in the forest with Annie, when he sprained his ankle saving Eren's rear end or some time else

Yeah, it was when he hurt his ankle when fighting Annie. This is all taking place like the day after Annie was defeated, where he was still injured from fighting her in the forest.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

BrainDance posted:

I want to get into the manga but, as a show watcher, I really don't want to read through a bunch of stuff I already know for the most part. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons not to skip what was generally season 1 in the anime but whatever.

So, could any manga readers and show watchers tell me where in the manga I'd want to start if I wanted to skip season 1?

If you just wanted to skip season 1, start at chapter 34. If you wanted to skip what's been in season 2 so far as well, start at chapter 42.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Grisha didn't invent 3DMG. He did however cure a plague that was spreading through the walls, so he was well known as someone who saved a ton of lives.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Any chance you have it bookmarked?

Captain Invictus posted:

I BELIEVE this is a copy of the original text. Certainly seems like it based on the length.

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/armored-and-colossal-titan.79286/

edit: yep, it's a copy of the original post. I think the mangafox link was also a copy, pretty sure it was posted on a blog in 2011 or something.
(From the manga thread so don't actually click the quote)

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

How far ahead is the manga? I just started watching the anime not long ago and I love it.

The manga is currently on chapter 93, while the anime just finished chapter 44. So pretty far ahead.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Considering the chapter that this season will end on came out like 2-3 months after season 1 ended, two years is a bit much

E: actually nvm the chapter came out like 10 days after the anime ended. so yeah, the wait had nothing to do with waiting for the manga

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 18, 2017

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rip Marco, again.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Great, can someone tell me how close Christa and Reiner were in season 1 so I don't have to rewatch while still theorizing?

Yeah, it's basically just the scene where Christa gives them horses and he thinks she's a goddess. That's it along with him thinking about how he wants to marry her when she uses her skirt to splint his arm in season 2.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Oh, yeah, it's hosed up that y'all are still calling her Christa after she said that her real name was Historia!

Actually I never thought about it but it's also kinda super weird that Connie of all people still calls her Christa, even after what they went through together in Utgard castle.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The best OVA is obviously the Jean one.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Seems like it.

Without spoiling anything, how does the manga fair critically with later story lines? Is it still good? Convoluted? Both?

Most people I've seen like it a lot, although I've come across a few people who think it gets dumb.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Coordinate is probably the correct translation, yeah.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rangpur posted:

It also didn't seem like one of the intelligent mutants either, so I can't imagine Eren and Mikasa having trouble killing it.

Well, several of Mikasa's bones are broken, and Eren is in no condition to fight, let alone the fact that he doesn't have any 3DMG. They're stuck in a very similar situation as they were when they were kids.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Note that this contains every manga volume cover to date, so it has some mild spoilers

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What chapter should I start at if I wanted to pick up where the anime just ended?

Chapter 51, first chapter of volume 13.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Can I get a non-spoilery end of season 2 map of where things went down?

I did a GIS and found/stole and slightly edited this, and I think it's everything (also triple checked to make sure I didn't leave any spoilers in)

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 19, 2017

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is Grisha's basement, and where is this underground city a bunch of people are hiding in?

Grisha is Eren's dad's name, so Eren's basement. Also as far as I know it was never said where exactly the underground city was.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

There's honestly no reason to think that Bert/Reiner/Annie had any idea that Eren had the Coordinate. They just knew that he was able to transform into a titan, which was probably enough to want him. Note that they grabbed Ymir too once they learned that she could transform.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

They suspected it. Reiner confides to Berthold as much while they had Eren and Ymir captive.

Oh, huh, I actually skipped that episode and completely forgot about that line in the manga. That's honestly really weird, since they have literally no reason to believe he has it.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

When season 1 was written did the Manga go past the end of season 2. What I'm wondering if I should even be hypothesizing based on my Rewatching of s1

Nah. The manga was actually covering the latter parts of what was covered this season while season 1 was airing.

E: but yeah the anime follows the manga closely enough that you can still pick up any foreshadowing that was dropped in there

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 20, 2017

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The MPs were super corrupt. Nobody would probably notice if she just disappeared for a day while Eren and the scouts go on an expedition.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Speaking which, does anyone know if anyone in the AoT world get sick?

Grisha's backstory is that he was a doctor who cured a plague that was spreading through the walls. So yeah people can definitely get sick.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I don't really know how you could call the next couple arcs a disaster, tbh

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah, that's just a bad translation job. The official ones make more sense, although Crunchyroll's earliest chapter is 56, sadly.

BrainDance posted:

??? What we talking about here? I'm out of the loop, probably because I watch it on hulu.

Crunchyroll did a video series called A Talk on Titan where they discussed each episode of season 2. It was kind of cringey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm in the middle of watching season 2. All I want to know is, is Season 2 finished yet? As in are all the episodes available on Crunchyroll?

Yeah, season 2 is finished and everything is up on Crunchy.

• Locked thread