Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm more of a 2-1-3 fella. 2's real good, 1's almost as good and certainly more iconic, but I like the more bombastic nature of the second one. This third one's not really doing it for me, really just sounds like "let's try and bottle the lightning of the first OP again".

Personally I love all three. I don't think 3 is trying to recapture the feel of 1. 1 was like Eren at that stage of the story, full of piss and hate, starting off super strong to get you pumped to killing some titans. A call to war, I suppose.
In contrast I feel the first part of 3 is designed to build up the tension and give more punch to the rally call in the second part. It haves you recall the events so far and asks you to dig in and keep the fight going. The lyrics (Terper's link has'em) emphasize this too. It's less about aggression and more about devotion. (Well, it literally says "devote your self, devote your heart")

(And 2 has a more triumphant tone, matching the plot as it achieved mankid's first victory.)

Oddly this time there was no german bit. 2 had a lot of german (notably the intro and the title drop), 1 had some (the intro), but this one doesn't have any, even though it does have the customary german song title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'm having fun watching with the blessing of hindsight. :shrug:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Is it safe for me to Google Reiner and look up his info on a wiki page now that his secret identity is revealed, or is it like people have said where unavoidable Manga spoilers will shoot out of my monitor like a laser light show.

Just to give you an idea, I googled Reiner Braun and here's the description in the first hit (the wikia), after censoring:

quote:

Reiner Braun (ライナー・ブラウン Rainā Buraun) is a ■■■■■■■■ warrior of ■■■■■■■■ who grew up in ■■■■■■■■. He is also a graduate of ...
Granted, some keywords make no sense without context, but when you can hit three spoilers in a single sentence it's definitely not safe.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The reveals show a distinct sense of planning that is actually very rare in newbie storytellers. Dude really loving knew what he was doing, which gives way to a very coherent story. It gets bigger and more complex, but in ways you can still figure out. (Mistakes in the actual storytelling aside. There were some bits where the perspective changed a bit too hard and you'd lose your bearings for a bit)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The subs I read said coordinate iirc.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
They're low-penetration single-shot affairs IIRC, so pretty much useless against titans.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
(Reposting here for those that don't follow the manga thread)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwfwjEroBXc

The full version of the opening came out. The music sometimes calls back to the previous two openings when the lyrics are referencing related subjects, which is a cute touch.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
btw, if you're interested in grabbing anime soundtracks, try googling hikari no akari.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Freakazoid_ posted:

I knew it had to be something, but now that Eren can control titans, I feel kinda robbed? Wanted something less tangible and shounen-y, but it does explain the military's intense desire to keep Eren on their side. They either knew, or were betting the house he was more than just a shifter.

And now we have a better idea how they got the walls up so fast. There must've been a titan coordinator involved. Who that was could be anyone, since titanism can be passed on through a serum, but that might not matter as much as it matters now. They obviously lost whoever it was that ordered the titans to remain in formation, or else the priest wouldn't have been so worried about that little incident after Annie's capture. You can order titans to do something, but without constant control, they revert to just being mindless people eaters.

I look forward to next season. Despite a couple bad episodes, this is still a real interesting and exciting show.

Just wanna point out they wanted to keep Eren on their side because he was the only realistic option for closing up gaps in the Wall which they'd assumed was where the titans were coming from. Losing Eren was equivalent to losing their only chance of ever reclaiming territory.

Of course then a lot of reveals happened and the idea got kinda invalidated but yeah.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I want to read the manga because this season was fascinating and I want to know more about what's going on beyond what I've already spoiled for myself, but at the same time I like the anime so much that I want to wait for the next season. Not sure what I'll ultimately choose to do.

FWIW, it's really fun to watch the anime knowing what's up in the manga, both in seeing how the panels become scenes and in watching all those subtle cues you missed the first time because you didn't know the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BO-qoV_-ew

What is everyone's favorite OPs so far? Mine is the S2 one. Also I noticed in the season 1 part 2 OP they sort of hint at Reiner, Bert and Anne being grouped together. I remember when I watched I thought the order was just some random side characters, but now it seems like the grouped them by titan affiliation. There's a part where it shows some face looking on and its those three in order. Then before that Is Ymir and then Historias face, so just based on that I'm thinking Historia is a titan. Plus the facial expressions of hers matches Reimer/Bert/Annes, a sort of sideglance turning away from the horror, and not the frightened expression of the presumably non-titan characters.

Well that owns. It seems to have been made by a lot of people? Some of them were really good.

• Locked thread