Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Well that certainly was something. I'm excited and looking forward to the rest. I never really started reading the manga after season 1 ended, even tho I was really curious. I just, I dunno, I'm a pleb who likes when his pictures move and talk to him and do all the work for me instead of looking ugly, black/white and expecting me to READ... outrageous!

I gotta say I'm a little put off by people saying "Oh yeah that absolutely won't happen in a 12 episode season, and most likely not in the next either even if it's a full 25 episode season!"

I suppose I'm a little burned from this one taking like, what, three years to come out? I can only hope it won't be this long for every season or I'll be watching the AoT anime finale when I'm 70 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I gotta say I find S2 confusing as gently caress so far. It's probably because I haven't rewatched S1 since it aired and haven't looked into basically anything since S1 ended, but I only vaguely recall anything beyond the major plot points.

I have no idea how any of the people we've seen so far ended up where they are at the moment, with the exception of Erens group maybe because that was the big season finale thing. I gotta admit I even have trouble remembering who is who and if I've seen them before or not. Some characters I recognize, some seem to be completely new to me but they're somehow there? It's like they appeared out of thin air or I missed like 5 episodes of poo poo in between seasons.

It all just feels very jumbled and disconnected to me. As I said, most likely a personal problem because the last time I watched or read anything to do with AoT was four years ago, but it's certainly making it harder for me to enjoy S2.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

I realize it's hard to follow last week and as someone said earlier, it's probably all set up for the rest of the season but that felt like a real waste of an episode in an already way-too-short season to me.

Mikasa is starting to grate on me a bunch I gotta admit. As cool and awesome as it is to see her as a badass titan killer with all her sweet moves and all, she has like no character besides that. Oh Eren this Eren that, at least be a LITTLE bit like a normal, realistic person. I know it's anime and everything but jesus.. I hope there is some deeper motivation behind all this as people were speculating earlier in the thread, otherwise this is just getting a bit ridiculous.

• Locked thread