Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torix
Nov 9, 2005

Mordja posted:

Question for the manga readers: does the comic stay good? Or I guess I should say, if I'm the type of person who really liked the first season, flaws and all, does it maintain, or does it go off the rails or start to drag? I mean, I'll stay the course regardless because the show's spiderman-sword-fighting makes for some of the coolest action in an anime but I'd like to regulate my expectations accordingly.

My input: I've become much less interested in the story as it goes on - but not because anything was particularly bad. Where the story goes makes enough sense in the context of the world that this story takes place in, and there's nothing that gets revealed that's so outlandish that it makes you roll your eyes or anything.

My disinterest is probably because of the nature of these mystery stories - once you know all the secrets, it's less fun. The inital draw of Attack on Titan is how loving weird the titans are and having no idea how they work. This arc is the best because it suddenly tosses a bunch of additional poo poo at you out of left field that you didn't expect, and it gets your imagination running with all these exciting theories. But, knowing the answers is never as fun as trying to guess what's happening. Once you know, that initial curiosity that brought you to the series in the first place is gone, and you're just left waiting to see how it's going to end because you've invested this much time in it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread