Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hey there, good lookin'

I've read the mangas so I don't have much to contribute other than:
Finally, the anime is back and it's still loving amazing with perfect cinematography that marries beautifully dramatic music with artfully composed scenes. It's crazy how much amazing effort has been put into this series in terms of not only sticking close to how the manga plays out but building upon it to make it even better. gently caress me I really hope they don't stupidly hiatus ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Jesus this episode was just gushing with cinematic brilliance.

They were sexualizing Annie here, weren't they. Freakin' anime...

Oh yeah this part I had to rewind because I enjoyed it entirely too much.

And lastly, here is a scene that was not in the show...

...because they cut it up into like 5 pieces despite it being one long scene in itself. Looks way better like this!

I'm sorry if my animation station caused your modem to explode.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:46 on May 16, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

How short is this season supposed to be? Wikipedia seems to think the next episode is the last but I don't really know if I should trust that since it may just be the information normally needed for future eps just doesn't exist.

That said, if it is the last episode of the season (*cry*) then yeah, it is super obvious where it's gonna cut off.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

drat, no chance of a second opening then. Only slightly sad but at least the quality of the season has been nothing less than phenomenal.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Are they all realizing it's a terrible job and that a job that relies on crunch time and working overtime is not great in a culture where the default is already working to your physical limit and working overtime?
Come on, we gave them Flash so it was all easier to do, what more do they want?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

It was a required episode but it was a boring episode.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

The only good part.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

I thought it was obvious since the first episode, though? Armin is Wisdom, Eren is Courage, and Mikasa is Power. It is a Zelda analogy.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Here is a storytelling device that your brain has picked up on by now, but you might not have fully grasped it yet. Becomes something to talk about with the reveal of Reiner and Berthold. Eren, Mikasa, Armin are each an independent aspect of humanity and can't live without one another. Each represent the Soul, Body, Mind. Eren is the spirit. The other two can survive without him but won't have goals or really be alive. Mikasa as the body that protects the spirit and mind. Armin as the very obvious mind who solves problems and philosophizes. The infiltrator trio of Reiner, Berthold, Annie....embody the very same aspects just in a different way. If you look close enough, this motif goes throughout the entire story. The three walls. The three military branches....
Nah. I'm still in the camp of Triforce. It's Courage, Power, and Wisdom. But I'm willing to concede that Courage is Soul, Power is Body, and Wisdom is Mind.

Hey hope ya'll are ready for some bombass bigass gifs!

Edit: There were 12 gifs I made thanks to this crazy rear end episode. I love this season so much. Problem is, I don't wanna gently caress the thread up, so I'll link some and embed others.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 12, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

In no particular order. I have no idea why I can't get .gifv to embed right now so the largest ones are hidden inside the album. In other words, click the album to see the coolest ones maybe?
Here's the album: http://imgur.com/a/mlPFi

And extended version:
http://i.imgur.com/tEufQby.gifv
Which reminds me of this classic:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 12, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Like most fantastic shows nowadays, they spent most of their budget on the penultimate episode, so other than the gif someone else already made, here's the other two parts that felt gif-able.

If anyone asks, he was chowing down real hard on a PB&J sandwich.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is everyone's favorite OPs so far?
The second one from season 1 is absolutely my favorite. You've got the national anthem-like opening, it's quick conversion into sick action guitar, the sickest guitar riffing, Mikasa in a tank top fanservice for the nerds, loving blood everywhere, Armin drowning in said blood yet ready to keep killing, Levi's gang flying to a chorus, the whole "CG close-ups of all the gear" stuff, and the specter of the female titan's silhouette. It's just constantly on point without the need for "here's a ridiculous army of titans or humans or animals" like the other openings. I mean, they're fantastic, but that second season 1 one was just focused and pure intensity.

Captain Invictus posted:

Watch fma brotherhood, the original anime goes off in a real dumb direction
Agreeing with this based purely on the fact that the original anime is everyone being depressed and sad and whining about how hard life is and they tone that way down in Brotherhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Mordaedil posted:

There's a ton, like Reiner has smoke coming off of him after he saves Armin and poo poo like that.
Doesn't everyone who gets blood on them have smoke coming off of them because the blood evaporates like all titan blood and dead bodies do?

• Locked thread