Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

taco_fox posted:

I use winamp, op

extremely same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

theres a new foobar beta release

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

foobar with the playlist tree organizer and waveform seekbar plugins :discourse:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
spotify is great if you want the worst possible mastering of what you're listening to delivered at the shittiest bitrate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its fine

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

spotify is great if you want the worst possible mastering of what you're listening to delivered at the shittiest bitrate

320 kbps ogg vorbis, short of begging for flac i don't see much cause to complain (well, unless you're actually using spotify free, in which case there are probably deeper issues in your life than the bits arriving over your network connection)

even less sure about what you are on about mastering, it is the encode of the thing that the artist puts out, spotify does in fact not master much music in-house

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

they are rolling out lossless spotify as well btw, but lol at paying extra to waste more bandwidth

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

spotify is loving awesome and the super dopest but this is correct. you're getting only the newest (likely overcompressed/bright/bandwidth limited) bad remasters of albums. which is bullshit if you liked the way Sixteen Stone sounded when it was released or whatever.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh, i see, well, the contents of the catalogue will of course always be the biggest deciding factor for anyone, not something within spotifys control, but the main decider nonetheless

burning swine
May 26, 2004

problem: spotify doesn't work in the absence of the internet

checkmate, spotify users

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

problem: spotify doesn't work in the absence of the internet

checkmate, spotify users

another opportunity for useful spotify tips and tricks! click on your playlist, then in the top right of the main view there is a toggle named "download", now this piece of technical jargon may be daunting, but what it does when clicked is that it "loads" the music contained in the playlist "down" onto your device. the purpose being that "online", another instance of tricky terminology, refers to your device being "on" a "line" which connects it to the "internet" where the spotify stuff resides. when the content is "loaded" "down" onto your device it will therefore be available even if not "online", or, as experts will sometimes phrase it, "off" the "line"

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

another opportunity for useful spotify tips and tricks! click on your playlist, then in the top right of the main view there is a toggle named "download", now this piece of technical jargon may be daunting, but what it does when clicked is that it "loads" the music contained in the playlist "down" onto your device. the purpose being that "online", another instance of tricky terminology, refers to your device being "on" a "line" which connects it to the "internet" where the spotify stuff resides. when the content is "loaded" "down" onto your device it will therefore be available even if not "online", or, as experts will sometimes phrase it, "off" the "line"

:drat:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

well i've been burnt

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my music library doesn't have commercials

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

my music library doesn't have commercials

lol if you can't afford ad-free spotify just lol

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
lol if you don't borrow cds from the library

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

taco_fox posted:

I use winamp, op

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
theres no hope for your soul if youre not on spotify yet

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I can't use streaming they don't have any of my hundreds of 1990s rave tapes or bboy mixes

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

qirex posted:

I can't use streaming they don't have any of my hundreds of 1990s rave tapes or bboy mixes

mr_oizo_flat_beat_remix.flac

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I miss Grooveshark, and then netease before they blocked us ips

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

So i recived mine today... i wanted to try them like most of you guys do and see if they are as bad as ppl say.. so i plug them into my phone and played some tropkillaz.. i was omg these are soooo bad. there was some kind of bass but it was distorted, i've done the sticker mod and the bass become felt still not heard and really unballanced and i put the sticker back, treble i can even describe it, harsh is to kind to say it.. and i was like oooh so thats why ppl say they are bad, but then i went into my room and plug them into my amp and went listening to some classical/old flac 24bit songs that i was intended to use them for. (i allready have some moded jvc sz2000 for extreme bassy electronic new music) after a day with them all i can say, A M A Z I N G. Soundstage is huge for this price point, mids are crisp,flat and full of detail, highs alltough they are a little bit harsh in some points are really good with alot of detail. These cans cant play electronic music, they are way to sensitive. If you intend to use them for old non bassy music they will make you really happy! Btw these take big brake in. After a few hours of playing them the bass become more present and highs calmed down a bit, they sound even better.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I use bandcamp, it's the best. Never tried those streaming spotify poo poo apps, maybe try supporting the artists for a change.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i go to live shows and buy the t-shirt when it comes to supporting artists

this is legit one of those things where people are very different though, if streaming did not exist i likely would just listen to far far less music, i would not manage to maintain a music collection which i was not just entirely sick of at every point. despite mixing in a lot of stuff i have heard a million times when listening to spotify, i just sort of prefer listening to something new and often strange like 50% of the time, and will only then toss in something known here and there

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

mike12345 posted:

I use bandcamp, it's the best. Never tried those streaming spotify poo poo apps, maybe try supporting the artists for a change.

nobody is dumb enough to feel this way

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

1 or 2? :can:

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

mike12345 posted:

maybe try supporting the artists for a change.

What if the artist's dead?

I guess I'll have to remember to go to their shows when I'm in heaven. Or hell, depending on the artist.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

this is legit one of those things where people are very different though, if streaming did not exist i likely would just listen to far far less music,

if spotify discovery didn't play new things for me to get interested in, I wouldn't bother.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

anyone else upgrade to foobar 2000 1.3.15

• Locked thread