Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime
Jul 20, 2004

i don't know if foobar is the best thing to be using on windows but i got way in to janitoring it and ended up writing a plugin to fix a bunch of minor things annoying me in the ui, so the gross time investment means i never want to try anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime
Jul 20, 2004

hifi posted:

whats wrong with the ui

like i said it's minor things, but i didn't like

- how there's no way to tell at a glance which playlist tab is currently playing
- how you can have a special playlist that follows the library selection but if you start playing from it and then look around at other music it's just going to stop after the current track
- how in the nothing-playing state the play button will restart the last track you were playing instead of just starting the playlist you're currently looking at
- how there's no option to have playlists all play in sequence; the way i use foobar is maybe atypical but i don't have big permanent playlists, i open a bunch of playlists for individual albums and i want them to act like a queue and just play through in sequence

my plugin has more or less janky fixes for these things, like the first thing i "fixed" by just renaming the currently playing list to prepend a "▶​" character, idk it works for me but it's definitely just a hodgepodge of unrelated functionality so i've never bothered to try to share it anywhere except with some friends

Lime
Jul 20, 2004

i still use soulseek

• Locked thread