Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

echinopsis posted:

what spotify needs is a play history, coz it doesn't seem to remember what you did if it was just an on the fly queue

not the longest, and as usual the ui is confusing, but bottom right you have the play queue button, push that, below the title you have two tabs "play queue" and "history"

good for at least catching the thing you just heard and immediately forgot what it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sham bam bamina! posted:

spotify is great if you want the worst possible mastering of what you're listening to delivered at the shittiest bitrate

320 kbps ogg vorbis, short of begging for flac i don't see much cause to complain (well, unless you're actually using spotify free, in which case there are probably deeper issues in your life than the bits arriving over your network connection)

even less sure about what you are on about mastering, it is the encode of the thing that the artist puts out, spotify does in fact not master much music in-house

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

they are rolling out lossless spotify as well btw, but lol at paying extra to waste more bandwidth

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh, i see, well, the contents of the catalogue will of course always be the biggest deciding factor for anyone, not something within spotifys control, but the main decider nonetheless

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

problem: spotify doesn't work in the absence of the internet

checkmate, spotify users

another opportunity for useful spotify tips and tricks! click on your playlist, then in the top right of the main view there is a toggle named "download", now this piece of technical jargon may be daunting, but what it does when clicked is that it "loads" the music contained in the playlist "down" onto your device. the purpose being that "online", another instance of tricky terminology, refers to your device being "on" a "line" which connects it to the "internet" where the spotify stuff resides. when the content is "loaded" "down" onto your device it will therefore be available even if not "online", or, as experts will sometimes phrase it, "off" the "line"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i go to live shows and buy the t-shirt when it comes to supporting artists

this is legit one of those things where people are very different though, if streaming did not exist i likely would just listen to far far less music, i would not manage to maintain a music collection which i was not just entirely sick of at every point. despite mixing in a lot of stuff i have heard a million times when listening to spotify, i just sort of prefer listening to something new and often strange like 50% of the time, and will only then toss in something known here and there

• Locked thread