Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

I read the first volume of Snotgirl, and really liked it. It's kinda like that manga No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!, in that the main character is genuinely kind of a lovely person and a gently caress up, and most of her problems are of her own creation, but you still end up rooting for her at least a little. And the mystery is really interesting too.

I was pretty meh on Scott Pilgrim, so I'm surprised at how much I like Snotgirl

I didn't get passed the second issue because of all the things you said :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently Diamond upgraded their packing facility and retailers were shocked!

Yes, I clicked a clickbaity title, but Comics Beat is generally pretty solid.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/youll-gasp-when-you-see-the-film-that-left-comics-retailers-speechless/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol, I still had like 45 damaged books this week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's because you touch yourself at night.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

That's because you touch yourself at night.

Maybe the UPS guy should stop touching himself because he keeps dropping our goddamned boxes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm still seeing people all over social media talk about "the failure of the leftist ideology" whenever someone brings up Marvel's sales. :thumbsup:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

I'm still seeing people all over social media talk about "the failure of the leftist ideology" whenever someone brings up Marvel's sales. :thumbsup:

And are you successfully doing anything about that?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

In other possibly bad things news I managed to order Zero Hour: Crisis in Time by mistake (I meant to order the EC Library Zero Hour) and didn't realize it until I opened my IST box. Aside from apparently getting too old to notice these kinds of mistakes, what do I need to know before I read this? Is it good? Bad? Steeped in continuity? Will I be totally lost/bored/angry?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zachack posted:

And are you successfully doing anything about that?

Well, as Marvel CEO,

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Zachack posted:

In other possibly bad things news I managed to order Zero Hour: Crisis in Time by mistake (I meant to order the EC Library Zero Hour) and didn't realize it until I opened my IST box. Aside from apparently getting too old to notice these kinds of mistakes, what do I need to know before I read this? Is it good? Bad? Steeped in continuity? Will I be totally lost/bored/angry?

No, yes, yes, and yes

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

No, yes, yes, and yes

Pretty much. You chose poorly, even if by accident.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Well I mean if you chose to ignore such thing like facts you too can jump to stupid conclusions.

By you I mean those silly people and not Lurdiak personally.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm just mad they have soundbites they can point to to prove their dumbass point.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Zachack posted:

Have fun with that.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Now, now, Zero Hour wasn't ALL bad.

Didn't Starman spin out of it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KaosMachina posted:

Now, now, Zero Hour wasn't ALL bad.

Didn't Starman spin out of it?

James Robinson was working on the Starman scripts well before ZH was planned, they just decided that it would be the right time to debut the book.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Rhyno posted:

James Robinson was working on the Starman scripts well before ZH was planned, they just decided that it would be the right time to debut the book.

Oh. Well, then, nevermind, ZH is real dumb.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's worth experiencing an event so transparently designed to shift around continuity over telling a story.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Surely there's much better evidence of that than Marvel sales? :v:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's worth experiencing an event so transparently designed to shift around continuity over telling a story.

Teenage Me thought that the comic issue numbers GOING IN loving REVERSE was the coolest thing.

it's still pretty cool

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dad, get off the forums.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Remember how they still didn't get the continuity right?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Dad, get off the forums.
I know I wasn't the only doofy and awkward classy and popular teen in the mid-90s here!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

redbackground posted:

I know I wasn't the only doofy and awkward classy and popular teen in the mid-90s here!

I graduated high school in y2k dude. And I got laid all the time :coolfish:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

redbackground posted:

Well I don't know about E&C, but I'm pretty sure Rhyno was 37 in 94. I was still a kid, and everyone else wasn't born.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
You are all very old.

*dyes out the gray*

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

You are all very old.

*dyes out the gray*

Big mistake, friend. Touch of grey gets chicks.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jordan7hm posted:

Big mistake, friend. Touch of grey gets chicks.

Do you really want the kind of chick who only knows one Grateful Dead song though

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
What a bunch of old farts. And still reading comics no less.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm still confused, do we call them bell bottoms or flares?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

purple death ray posted:

Do you really want the kind of chick who only knows one Grateful Dead song though

Ideally zero, because she's too young to know who the grateful dead are.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

I'm still confused, do we call them bell bottoms or flares?

Get outta here old man
*trips over enormous jnco jean legs*

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

Limp Bizkit. Our generations Grateful Dead.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Madkal posted:

Limp Bizkit. Our generations Grateful Dead.

Nah, lots of people who liked the GD when they were young and dumb still like them now. Somehow I doubt "Break Stuff" will be getting much play 20 years from now by the young dumbasses who bought it when ti first came out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Nah, lots of people who liked the GD when they were young and dumb still like them now. Somehow I doubt "Break Stuff" will be getting much play 20 years from now by the young dumbasses who bought it when ti first came out.

LB for life yo

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

You're getting married, so you'll have to get used to "It's my way."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I've talked a bunch here and there about Chikara the indie wrestling promotion. They like to do lots of comic-related stuff like making their DVD covers into comic cover homages, their Royal Rumble is called the Infinite Gauntlet, they had a guy with a frog Thor gimmick, last year's big story involved a psychic in a wheelchair with a team of wrestlers called the HeXed Men and so on. They even just did a 52/One Year Later thing where they skipped ahead a year in continuity and gradually released shows from a secret season on their streaming site.

Anyway, the last show ended with an unstoppable heel named Merlok beating the hell out of a tag team's manager/mascot Jawsolyn (a woman in an adorable hammerhead shark Halloween costume). After he slammed her into the wall and threw her through a table, the show ended with the woman being tossed into a refrigerator and Merlok slamming the door shut. They did literal fridging in a wrestling show. I shouldn't be laughing, but I am.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

Well I don't know about E&C, but I'm pretty sure Rhyno was 37 in 94. I was still a kid, and everyone else wasn't born.

I was a one year old lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Grateful Dead are actually much better than Limp Bizkit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Ghostlight posted:

Grateful Dead are actually much better than Limp Bizkit.

Get a load of Bad Opinion Gramps over here

• Locked thread