Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I agree, Jude Terror is an rear end in a top hat for deliberately misrepresenting Waid's statements and being a poo poo-stirring fuckgibbon in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Can't be worse than Gold Diggers.

Edit: I know that's not the same thing as the Digger that was nominated, thank God, I just thought "What's the worst comic I've ever read" and Gold Diggers was the answer.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Nope.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Every time someone asks Tom Brevoort about Malibu, his only response is that he's not legally allowed to talk about it.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So my local store has about a dozen Amalgam issues on sale. Anything actually worthwhile?

Challengers of the Fantastic

Edit: Oh, Batman comics? Definitely the O'Neil/Adams stuff, in addition to what's been mentioned.

Batman to avoid? I'm not a fan of the post-No Man's Land period. And Hush is straight-up hot garbage. The entire 1950s is an acquired taste; gorgeous art anytime Dick Sprang's working, but the stories... well, there's a reason nobody talked about those stories until Morrison decided "I'm gonna make every era EVER canon."

Senior Woodchuck fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 19, 2017

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The main takeaways are that prioritising the direct market system is really bad for the long-term health of the industry, and that Marvel is currently putting short-term profits ahead of long-term growth or stability.

So, what people have been saying for at least 5 years, but it's a HOT TAKE because, um, s/he says "gently caress"?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

This is an accurate representation of my 1994.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Always good to see Astro City get a nod.

Hooray for Squirrel Girl, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't get the hate for Max Landis. Chronicle was really good.

It's less about his work than about the fact that he's a real dickhole.

• Locked thread