Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

In honor of the month of fools, I'd like to remind everyone that this exists.

Cover aside, that's a loving great issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

How are still on page 1?

Okay fine, I like Mark Millars Ultimates and think "This A doesn't stand for France" is a funny line.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Reading Warren Ellis' Exalibur and one of the issues has 4 people listed for pencils, one of those 4 guys vastly over estimates the amount space between people's eyes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Everything you need to know about Wolverine

quote:

Across 40 years of comics and six films, this fan-favorite X-Men character has a lot of tangled history. Here’s a primer on Wolverine, so you can sound like a bona fide expert if this classic mutant superhero ever comes up in conversation.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/melgillman/status/849981090777505792

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

They are true but they don't really relate to one another unless the Hugo Awards are awarded to the best selling titles.

I bet there's a quantifiable effect on sales when you slap a "Hugo Award Nominee" or even better "Hugo Award Winner" sticker on a trade paperback.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

NorgLyle posted:

My personal hot take re: Miracle Man is that a significant chunk of the audience read the collections when they were released and had a fairly nonplussed reaction. Sort of a 'that's what people were making a big deal over' thing.

Just like showing people who like to watch movies without necessarily being 'film nerds' Citizen Kane or Alien or Jaws, the things that made those works so striking on release have largely been absorbed into the general language of the medium to the point where they don't seem as impactful today.

(That said, Jaws absolutely still holds up.)

People who are non-plussed on Alien are not people I want to meet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Marvel was going to do a full Epic revival but the evolved into Trouble.

Ugh.

loving lol.

Are any of their Epic stuff on Unlimited, or is it all creator owned?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/JuliusGoat/status/851517946258231297

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Was epic anything other than Bendis? I can't even remember the books they put out.

I was going to mention Matt Fraction's Casanova moving there when he was briefly Marvel exclusive, but then I realized that was Icon, which is probably also what you were thinking of, since they're the ones who published Powers and Scarlet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Iceman is gay.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

I know, I don't understand how being gay and not bi is somehow dumb?

Young time displaced Iceman was outed, older Iceman has never identified as gay and has dated women. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but I sorta understand why others are all "uh, what?"

Doesn't help that just before the outing older Bobby was dating Kitty Pryde.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

Like, I get it, but one of my best friends is a gay man who has dated and had sex with women before so it always weirds me out when people equate dating girls in the past to meaning that person is always going to be into women.

The outing scene was really lovely though

I just think it's hilarious Bobby and Kitty dated and it's Bobby that was in the closet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Was last October's Punisher the last thing Steve Dillon drew? Because it just popped up on Marvel Unlimited.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

By all reports yes. He probably has unused artwork on file at DC and Marvel that will no doubt show up in the future though.

Was that any good? I just started the Marvel Knights stuff he did with Ennis and am digging it. I've already read his Punisher MAX stuff, and it's funny because I can't imagine a child old enough for the Knights run but too young for Punisher MAX.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Speaking of Loeb, I still like The Long Halloween, even if the plot doesn't really make sense.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RandallODim posted:

Batman Odyssey is undoubtedly the craziest Batman, but ASBAR is definitely the most gratuitous Batman.

It's golden if only for the scene where he confronts Hal Jordan.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

E: Ha, 1963-era Marvel comic prices, adjusted for inflation, are exactly 99 cents.

Comics used to make money off advertising.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I somehow kept reading Aaron Diaz as Aaron Hernandez which made everything very, very confusing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

You know those cardboard standups in your shop aren't real people right?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Frank Miller's Daredevil

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just got Unbeatable Squirrel Girl beats up the Marvel Universe and I really hope that the comic book continues to be a thing forever, because I know as soon as it's cancelled some rear end in a top hat writer will kill Squirrel Girl just to prove how bad rear end his new villain is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just think of Max Landis' whiny rear end youtube video about how Lexi Alexander blocked him on twitter.

• Locked thread