Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Heyyyy I forgot to bookmark the chat thread again!

Hot take though using corporate ownership as your barometer for what's "real" in a madeup funnybook universe is a laughably pathetic position to hold and an ultimately insignificant side-effect of the horrific state of late-stage capitalism!

As far as I'm concerned Claremont created the X-Men, it wasn't really any good before he started and it's barely ever been good since he left, so I'm way more inclined to believe his takes on the characters, I really don't give a poo poo what a huge faceless corporation later published in some bad comics. "Canon" is a lie. I will always trust the creators of this medium. Without them this is nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't know that there's any concensus on Amalgam books. I liked most of them, honestly.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

All of the Batman vs. Predator comics. Come read the Batman thread, we could probably use another conversation about the best Batman stories.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

You know DT's just going to recommend a bunch of Jason Todd stories.

Well fortunately The Cult is both a Jason Todd story and extremely great!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I guess Lobdell is legendary in the same way that say the Baba Yaga or the Jersey Devil is

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

You guys will see the light when this comic pays for my retirement.

Are they doing a hologram cover or a chromium gatefold

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

They've gotta make money somehow without Star Wars, I guess. But not releasing comics is also a lovely way to make money

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

You are not a person I will ever understand

There's always people who insist that a terrible thing is actually secretly brilliant and amazing. Especially if it's spectacularly bad, bizarre and borderline incoherent- nobody's in here talking about how great the Onslaught storyline was. Mediocre stories don't inspire that kind of devotion. Hell look deep within yourself and you might find that you've got something like that of your own. (Mine is the movie Batman and Robin.)

It's just a thing nerds do.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've said this before, but that insane naked senator wrapped in the American flag from DKR was Frank Miller's self-insert this entire time, it just took a while for us to realize it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

1994 was the best year in human history and its a complete coincidence that it happened when I was twelve years old

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Some extremely great rap came out in 1994

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

redbackground posted:

I know I wasn't the only doofy and awkward classy and popular teen in the mid-90s here!

I graduated high school in y2k dude. And I got laid all the time :coolfish:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jordan7hm posted:

Big mistake, friend. Touch of grey gets chicks.

Do you really want the kind of chick who only knows one Grateful Dead song though

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

I'm still confused, do we call them bell bottoms or flares?

Get outta here old man
*trips over enormous jnco jean legs*

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Endless Mike posted:

Both Grateful Dead and Limp BIzkit are bad, just in different ways.

Here lies wisdom, for those willing to hear it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wheat Loaf posted:

Kirby on all the Fourth World books.

Kirby on every Marvel book in the 60s

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Out of all the Rebirth stuff for DC to get a loving Eisner nom for, Batgirl and Deathstroke? Really?

Hope King wins for the Batman story and Vision though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

American Alien was really good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't get the hate for Max Landis. Chronicle was really good.

Yeah all I know about him is his dad got some kids killed on a movie set, which is apparently Max Landis' fault? And I guess he was a douchebag in some YouTube videos somewhere. I don't know anything else about the dude but like I said American Alien was really good.

• Locked thread