Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The Gerard Jones Situation sure isn't going to speed things along on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I doubt that even registered on the radar. They need to get every Malibu creator to sign off on a deal where they basically get fuckall in royalties. Nobody's gonna sign on for that.

Oh, I know. An Ultraverse revival was never in the cards.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was it a Malibu comic that had the gimmick of having a cover where the guy had a bullet wound in his chest and they shot the comic with a pistol through it?

Kind of sort of.

Protectors #5 had the cover you mean with the guy getting shot and there's a bullet hole all the way through the issue, but it was die-cut.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 10, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Right, I see. I wasn't sure which of the "mini-major" companies did it; thought it might have been Malibu but I wasn't sure.

However, I remember reading about this indie comic that had the same gimmick, except they made an effort to incorporate the hole on every page of their book (e.g. a vase being smashed where the bullet hole would be) and they did different variants including a "guaranteed unreadable" one they made with a shotgun.

JAB Comics #3 Scroll down for interior pics.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Splashpage photo-op of Marvel President Trump shaking hands with Nazi Captain America?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

So my local store has about a dozen Amalgam issues on sale. Anything actually worthwhile?

hell yeah brosef

THORION OF THE NEW ASGODS
Dark Claw Adventures
JLX
Spider-Boy / Spider-Boy Team-Up
The 2 Super Soldier issues (Mark Waid/Dave Gibbons)
Iron Lantern

VVVV
oh yeah, that too

redbackground fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 19, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If Chuck Dixon wrote it, it's poo poo.

Nah. He was very much in the Doug Moench state of telling decent, action/adventure-based Bat-stories but never ever pushing himself to up his game or get really bold creatively at any point.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

I read Cacophony and it was dire
and have heard only bad things
about Widening Gyre

Are you also a poet
but don't even know it?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

haitfais posted:

loving genius.

Stop​ trying to make Fetch happen.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I got engaged today!

Congrats! How long do you think it will take to convince her to dress up as Guy Gardner on your wedding night?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Fun fact: Billy Tucci is doing a new Shi series this year through Kickstarter ("Return of the Warrior").

Also X-O, condolences on your FF3-less 1994 lifestyle.

Gavok posted:

No, man, she dresses as Ice.

Congrats, Rhyno!

Honestly, both dressing up as Guy seems more likely.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 24, 2017

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's worth experiencing an event so transparently designed to shift around continuity over telling a story.

Teenage Me thought that the comic issue numbers GOING IN loving REVERSE was the coolest thing.

it's still pretty cool

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Dad, get off the forums.
I know I wasn't the only doofy and awkward classy and popular teen in the mid-90s here!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ferrule posted:

Larsen on Savage dragon?

We're looking for good comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I just got Unbeatable Squirrel Girl beats up the Marvel Universe and I really hope that the comic book continues to be a thing forever, because I know as soon as it's cancelled some rear end in a top hat writer will kill Squirrel Girl just to prove how bad rear end his new villain is.

I have been informed that she is in fact, unbeatable.

what's that you say?

un-BEAT-able!
she survive, dammit!
it's empirical!
un-BEAT-able!
she survive, dammit!
doreen's headstrong as hell

• Locked thread