Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Wheat Loaf posted:

If he hadn't left in 1991, could Claremont have continued on X-Men indefinitely, or would he have eventually decided to leave on his own terms? I've read about some of his plans for the X books going into the 1990s and I'm curious about how long he could have realistically stuck around.

If he hadn't left when he did Claremont almost certainly would have been gone inside of two years, I suspect; he left because (IIRC) he was no longer really being listened to, his ideas were being overridden because the artists wanted to do something different, and he saw which way the wind was blowing. Especially given the deathgrip that editorial started exercising over the X-Books after the Image exodus, I don't think Chris could have been the good soldier that they wanted; he'd've quit later or been fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Timeless Appeal posted:

So my students are writing short plays. They can basically write anything they want; the content doesn't matter. They're just learning how to write scripts for a bigger project we're doing in a couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm getting pretty some nerdy poo poo like Japan ceasing all exporting of anime which leads to a war between the US and Japan.

But the best so far is Suicide Dogs: A story in which the members of the Suicide Squad are captured and their dogs must save them. The dogs are named Harley Quinn Dog, Deadshot Dog, and Captain Boomberang Doug.

Still less nerdy than the play about Sonic trapped on Cybertron.

Suicide Dogs is amazing and I want to read that play.

• Locked thread