Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't think Timeless Appeal post was about secondary lines, they meant that DC has iconic, stand alone titles that even the minor fans know, are always available to purchase in any decent LCS and are somewhat of a stepping stone to getting into their main titles while Marvel doesn't seem to have the same traditional issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

muscles like this! posted:

McFarlane is probably not that excited to take Gaiman to court seeing as Gaiman won in the whole Spawn lawsuit. Where a judge was forced to read enough Spawn to state that McFarlane's "Dark Ages Spawn" was clearly just a knock off of Gaiman's "Medieval Spawn."

Not only that but she also came up with some original ideas which might've been the first time a judge decided a case by writing some fanfic

quote:

“…why not make him a Portuguese explorer in the 16th century; an officer of the Royal Navy in the 18th century, an idealistic recruit of Simon Bolivar in the 19th century, a companion of Odysseus on his voyages, a Roman gladiator, a younger brother of Emperor Nakamikado in the early 18th century, a Spanish conquistador, an aristocrat in the Qing dynasty, an American Indian warrior or a member of the court of Queen Elizabeth I? It seems far more than coincidence that Dark Ages (McFarlane) Spawn is a knight from the same century as Medieval (Gaiman) Spawn.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I know it's supposed to be someone throwing their drinks in surprise but whenever I see that image I like to believe it's a plant that gives you weed and beer at the same time

Actual contribution for the day: http://imgur.com/a/Oo74p

Google says it's from Superman/Batman: The Search for Kryptonite

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Comics aren't popular enough to be sold in single issues here so they're bundled in compilations; It works sometimes like in "Guardians of the Galaxy" which has GOTG, Drax, Rocket Raccoon and Groot (76pgs, R$9,40) or "Avengers" which contains Avengers, New Avengers and Uncanny Avengers(Same) but the "leftovers" get some weird combinations like "Avengers Assemble" which has Squadron Supreme, Captain Marvel, A-Force, Totally Awesome Hulk, The Ultimates and Astonishing Ant-Man(148pgs, R$18,20). They also are constantly reworked based on what's coming out, series being cancelled, series not being popular enough, etc. which pretty much requires the existance of websites that catalogue and explain what's in each bundle.

Recently though there have been some changes and some titles are instead being published in a more sensible option, usually two or three consecutive issues in a single compilation; also now that we've reached Rebirth the DC line has been changed to something similar. I don't know if it'll affect all titles or even if it's going to be a permanent change, they're not very transparent about it - and I have a hard time keeping up with local news.

Personally, I abhor most of these Mixes and would rather have trades or digital issues, at a reasonable price of course. Comixology does just fine for me.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I actually jumped when I clicked on one of the links and was greeted by an HD gigantic picture of Morrison's head on my monitor.

Also, the pictures are long dead, giving us no actual proof it happened so I'll choose to believe this whole thing was just a collective dream some people had.

• Locked thread